Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding a second stage

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 08:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding a second stage

I want to add a second stage to my nittous set up. I have a puck that I run a 300 shot off of and I want to add a plate that will be on a button. I was thinking a 100 or 150 shot. Forged bottom end, c16 stand alone, iron 6.0l. Would I be safe to run this ? Thought or opinions welcomed
Old 09-04-2015, 08:48 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

It will only be as safe as the tune up you put in it. How are you going to pull the extra timing you need out when you get on the button? How are you pulling timing now?
Old 09-04-2015, 08:53 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it were my car, I would add a direct port. The puck is more like a plate than a direct port.

Our Maximizer 4 controller will control 2 stages and has timing retard signals for both stages, so you could pull out the extra timing for the second stage only when you need it.

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/15957-...ontroller.html

Let me know if you have anymore questions!

Thanks,
Garrett
Old 09-04-2015, 08:56 AM
FormerVendor

^ how about you get into some more in depth tech rather than to try to sell parts. How is he supposed to hook up those "retard signals" (which are just outputs) and what should they go to?
Old 09-04-2015, 09:25 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
^ how about you get into some more in depth tech rather than to try to sell parts. How is he supposed to hook up those "retard signals" (which are just outputs) and what should they go to?
They hook straight to signal inputs on a timing retard box of his choice. Pretty simple, not really much tech involved in that, other than reading instructions.

-Garrett
Old 09-04-2015, 09:27 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by gagt3100
I want to add a second stage to my nittous set up. I have a puck that I run a 300 shot off of and I want to add a plate that will be on a button. I was thinking a 100 or 150 shot. Forged bottom end, c16 stand alone, iron 6.0l. Would I be safe to run this ? Thought or opinions welcomed
What do you have for engine management/ignition control?

-Garrett
Old 09-04-2015, 09:39 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
They hook straight to signal inputs on a timing retard box of his choice. Pretty simple, not really much tech involved in that, other than reading instructions.

-Garrett
A timing box is the only option? What LS timing box has multiple stages of retard for multiple stages of nitrous as in the scenario of the OP?
Old 09-04-2015, 09:56 AM
Banned

I have hp tuners currently on a pretty safe tune. 14* . I have a fuel pressure regulator on the c16 standalone. Tuning off a wideband and plug readings. Stock ecu
Old 09-04-2015, 09:57 AM
Banned

Also its a super victor
Old 09-04-2015, 09:58 AM
FormerVendor

Since you're pulling timing through HP Tuners, you could add a timing box like the LNC-2000 to pull additional timing when you grab the button.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:14 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

I have hp tuners currently on a pretty safe tune. 14* . I have a fuel pressure regulator on the c16 standalone. Tuning off a wideband and plug readings. Stock ecu
Is this a drag only car or street driven?

Being that you are running HP tuners with factory ECU/coils, that limits you on retard control, but you could still pull out static timing in HP tuners like mentioned above, and use this to pull out your second stage of retard.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...3#.VemznpdyLAQ

I would put the stage that requires the most retard on the LNC-2000, and pull a smaller amount of timing for the small stage in HP tuners, so its not as much of a dog on motor. (If this is street driven.)

Now if you don't want to spend ~270$, and this is a track only car, you could stick with what you are doing and just pull more static timing in HP tuners, as long as the car is still able to run with an extra ~3-4* out for the smaller stage, you will also probably be slightly down on power having that extra 3-4* pulled out through the whole run.

I am assuming this is fuel injected still since you are running on 14*?

-Garrett
Old 09-04-2015, 10:17 AM
FormerVendor

I would put the stage that requires the most retard on the LNC-2000, and pull a smaller amount of timing for the small stage in HP tuners, so its not as much of a dog on motor. (If this is street driven.)

-Garrett
How in the world is that supposed to work? His big kit is the 1st kit.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:22 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
How in the world is that supposed to work? His big kit is the 1st kit.
He can pull "X" amount of timing static in HP tuners. (3-4* for the smaller stage.) Then, set up the bigger stage on a seperate arming switch and wire the LNC-2000 to that, so that when he arms the big stage, it pulls the larger amount of timing, and only when he arms the "bigger stage" will it pull out "Y" amount of timing.

Doing this he will be able to run more timing all the time, and have the option to only use the small stage, only use the big stage, or both together.

-Garrett
Old 09-04-2015, 10:29 AM
FormerVendor

He can pull "X" amount of timing static in HP tuners. (3-4* for the smaller stage.) Then, set up the bigger stage on a seperate arming switch and wire the LNC-2000 to that, so that when he arms the big stage, it pulls the larger amount of timing, and only when he arms the "bigger stage" will it pull out "Y" amount of timing.

Doing this he will be able to run more timing all the time, and have the option to only use the small stage, only use the big stage, or both together.

-Garrett
Old 09-04-2015, 10:32 AM
FormerVendor

Why would he want to run the small kit out the gate??

He needs the 300 for what he is doing but he is obviously grudge racing and needing a "bit" more for a "just in case" situation to stay out on the gap.

What you are telling him to do is *** backwards which will cause him to lose. And the tech info you gave was useless.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:39 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by AJatNitrousOutlet

He needs the 300 for what he is doing but he is obviously grudge racing and needing a "bit" more for a "just in case" situation to stay out on the gap.
I'm glad that in the thread it states that he is grudge racing the car and has to spray 300 out of the hole and have the setup a certain way............................................... ...................................oh wait it doesn't say anything of the sort.

-Chris
Old 09-04-2015, 10:41 AM
FormerVendor

He wants kit 2 (100-150) on a button.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:53 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by AJatNitrousOutlet

What you are telling him to do is *** backwards which will cause him to lose. And the tech info you gave was useless.
I gave the best possible tech advice with the information I was given.

If I would have known this was a track only grudge car, then yes, I would have had a different response.

You guys just enjoy starting arguments over petty little stuff. We have gotten so far off topic from the original question from the OP.

-Garrett
Old 09-04-2015, 11:06 AM
FormerVendor

I gave the best possible tech advice with the information I was given.

If I would have known this was a track only grudge car, then yes, I would have had a different response.

You guys just enjoy starting arguments over petty little stuff. We have gotten so far off topic from the original question from the OP, who you have obviously been talking to prior to this conversation to know the additional information you do.

-Garrett
Lets rewind. You recommended that he buy your parts before you even knew the combo. You represent a company that people have trust in and they listen to what you have to say. You owe it to the customer to provide sound technical information vs a link to some product on your website that may or may not work for the application. This IS a tech section first and foremost.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Quick Reply: Adding a second stage