Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Severe KR after putting in BR7EF plugs and LNC-2000 for nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 06:01 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Severe KR after putting in BR7EF plugs and LNC-2000 for nitrous

Not sure if this is the best section for this concern but feel free to move it if needed. Anyone else experienced this before? I met up with my tuner yesterday to get my car tuned on nitrous. He begins to log a WOT pull on motor only and see that the car has major KR happening. It was throwing a code for the bank 1 knock sensor so he was thinking it could be that because none of the other cars he's tuned running my set up or similar set ups had this issue. So we weren't able to hit the spray which was quite a bummer. My question is can this be caused by the colder spark plugs? I've been told that not using the correct heat range plug can cause knock, but since this particular plug is so common place and widely used in nitrous and boost applications on LS engines I didn't imagine having any issues.... But just about as soon as I put the plugs in the car ran a little different, but I don't beat on the car a whole lot so I never thought much of it cause it drove fine under normal conditions and I figured it may be normal going from the factory plug to a non-projected tip plug thats two steps colder. Wasn't until going WOT that we saw that there was really a problem. They are gapped at .038, is that a good place to have the gap at? I'm going to pull the plugs to check them later on today but was just curious if anyone has ever experienced this when using these plugs. I'm thinking it could be plugs or a knock sensor coincidentally went bad around the same time I put in the plugs. I also have an LNC-2000 plugged in to the main coil harness on each bank. The launch control feature is NOT hooked up. I only have the orange timing retard wire wired in to the nitrous arming switch so it turns on at the same time. Not sure if the LNC could be a factor as well, but again like the plugs, it's something that's widely used and I can't find anything about it causing problems like mine. Perhaps just a bad knock sensor? Any insight or suggestions are appreciated.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:46 AM
FormerVendor

The gap on your plugs needs to be closed down. Take them down to 30 thousandths and see how it does.

Last edited by AJatNitrousOutlet; 11-04-2015 at 10:50 AM.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Yep I have my BR7'S gapped at at 30 thousandths as well and have no issues with KR
Old 11-04-2015, 10:43 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anywhere between 30-33 is fine for the gap.

-Chris
Old 11-04-2015, 11:12 AM
TECH Resident

I'll adjust that tonight and see how it does thanks for the feedback guys.

Quick Reply: Severe KR after putting in BR7EF plugs and LNC-2000 for nitrous