Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beginner Nitrous system

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 03:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beginner Nitrous system

Was wondering if there are any nitrous kits with a window switch instead of the basic wot switch. I have an ls1 in a 67 camaro. I'm leaning toward the nitrous outlet kit for the c5 corvette but i'm looking for a window switch since I am running a 6spd tranny. Am I looking in the right direction? Is a window switch better for my application or does it make that much of a difference.
Old 12-25-2015, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I run a window switch to set the rpm on/off and a micro switch under the gas pedal. If you are looking for a bare bones, good kit, check out the NX proton kit. I run that one, on the 150 pills it made 148 rwhp. Kit is very nice for the money.
Old 12-25-2015, 05:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

If you don't won't a WOT switch then how would you like it to engage?
Old 12-25-2015, 11:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are some window switches out there that also reads your THrottle position sensor signal to engage the nitrous at wide open throttle. The HSW microedge is an example. I dont think its in production anymore though.
Old 12-26-2015, 06:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just add a nos mini to the kit.
Old 12-26-2015, 06:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 346 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by jblankenship
Just add a nos mini to the kit.
It is capable of pulling timing also correct? Could this be used instead of a LNC 2000 ( to pull timing ) window switch and wot switch, it would eliminate all three of those components if you went with the nos mini or am I misunderstanding the product a bit?
Old 12-26-2015, 08:54 PM
9 Second Club

you young kids and all that technology, I still use a push button to activate it lol
Old 12-26-2015, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 98CayenneT/A
It is capable of pulling timing also correct? Could this be used instead of a LNC 2000 ( to pull timing ) window switch and wot switch, it would eliminate all three of those components if you went with the nos mini or am I misunderstanding the product a bit?
I do not think the NOS mini pulls timing.
Old 12-26-2015, 11:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98CayenneT/A
No, the mini will not pull timing. However, it has time based outputs. I use those to activate an iat tricker box I built. Search for nitrous and iat and you will find what I'm taking about. I built the box for about 20 bucks. However, with the box I can not change the amount of timing being pulled at the track. I have to have the tuner make adjustments.

The mini is a window switch, wot switch, delay output on nitrous, and progressive box.

I would also hold off until nitrous outlet releases their controller. No idea what the price will be or options, but might be worth the wait.
Old 12-27-2015, 11:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 346 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by Bowtiedford
you young kids and all that technology, I still use a push button to activate it lol
Very tempting
Originally Posted by 69gto96z
I do not think the NOS mini pulls timing.
Ok, thank you for responding.

Originally Posted by jblankenship
No, the mini will not pull timing. However, it has time based outputs. I use those to activate an iat tricker box I built. Search for nitrous and iat and you will find what I'm taking about. I built the box for about 20 bucks. However, with the box I can not change the amount of timing being pulled at the track. I have to have the tuner make adjustments.

The mini is a window switch, wot switch, delay output on nitrous, and progressive box.

I would also hold off until nitrous outlet releases their controller. No idea what the price will be or options, but might be worth the wait.
Ok, thanks, I will look into it. ***** difficult when your getting started and reading how to figure it out for a nice setup. Appreciate the response
Old 12-28-2015, 08:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Look up the ZEX kit. they are super east to install. Not what Im going to run but the ease of install if great.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:45 AM
FormerVendor

You can add a window switch to virtually any kit you choose. We offer the basic NOS RPM/TPS Window Switch, but you may benefit from a progressive controller depending on how much you want to spray. We have lots of customers using that particular window switch with our plate systems with great success. If you want to go over some of the details of the window switch or if you have any questions about it feel free to give me a call at 254-848-4300 Ext. 104.
Old 12-29-2015, 01:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AJatNitrousOutlet
You can add a window switch to virtually any kit you choose. We offer the basic NOS RPM/TPS Window Switch, but you may benefit from a progressive controller depending on how much you want to spray. We have lots of customers using that particular window switch with our plate systems with great success. If you want to go over some of the details of the window switch or if you have any questions about it feel free to give me a call at 254-848-4300 Ext. 104.

Thanks I will give you a call. I'm not necessarily concerned about the ease of install. Just want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything. I don't plan on spraying more than 100-150 as this will only see the track periodically.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:15 AM
FormerVendor

Sounds good! I'm here Monday-Friday 8:30-5:30CST-

Quick Reply: Beginner Nitrous system