Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 12:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help!!!!!

I've done a bunch of searching and can't find much. I have a new to me setup with a microedge and lnc2000. Every thing is hooked up and seem to be right, the edge will read all parameters just fine. My issue is that it won't fire the noids, I can fire the noids with 12v but the controller won't fire them. When I test it it says spray on the edge screen but nothing happens. It seems to me like there isn't any power coming through the activation wire. Any help would be much appreciated as I just want to do my very first nitrous pull and realize what I've been missing for so long.
Ian
Old 11-10-2016, 10:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GbodyNUT
I've done a bunch of searching and can't find much. I have a new to me setup with a microedge and lnc2000. Every thing is hooked up and seem to be right, the edge will read all parameters just fine. My issue is that it won't fire the noids, I can fire the noids with 12v but the controller won't fire them. When I test it it says spray on the edge screen but nothing happens. It seems to me like there isn't any power coming through the activation wire. Any help would be much appreciated as I just want to do my very first nitrous pull and realize what I've been missing for so long.
Ian
If I'm not mistaken the micro edge supplies a ground. The controller should ground your relay, see if you have signal from micro edge to relay. If so you have a relay issue. The controller should never ground the noid directly.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:38 AM
FormerVendor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Low Side Drive

My, ECU, IGN, SF-1000 ALL use a Mosfet (mine=IRLR-2905) to drive a solenoid as do most all other controllers.
These are used to ground the connected device.
This method is called a "low side drive" the best method to PROTECT the controller.

The "device" (NOS Solenoid) is powered by +12v with current flow based on the device resistance. (28 Ohm = .5 AMP@14 Volts)

First measure the device resistance, then apply Ohm's law to state current amount at 14 Volts.
Then find the controllers drive current LIMIT value to see if a relay is required.

The next step is to use the same meter to read "0" OHMs at the NOS wire when the controller is activated to supply NOS.

Lance

Quick Reply: I need help!!!!!