Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOS Mini Progressive II Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 07:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default NOS Mini Progressive II Problem

So I FINALLY made it to the track yesterday to start tuning my nitrous. Get there, get set up, change my plugs, and go to make a nice and easy pass on a 100 shot to make sure everything is working right before I move up to a 200 shot. Make a pass, the hand held programmer says the nitrous is spraying but it sure as hell wasnt.

This morning I checked the wiring, and everything is hooked up right. I tested the solenoids and they are fine. I know fuel and nitrous are getting to the solenoids.

Anyone have any input on how to troubleshoot the controller?
Old 06-13-2016, 02:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's your bottle pressure at? Also, what kind of system is it, a plate or direct port? If it's a direct port, the mini can't support the amp load on 1 channel and would require the use of relays or splitting the solenoids between channel 1 and 2. If it's a plate, verify the bottle pressure is in a safe operating range (less than 1050psi), and that the wiring is good. With the Mini you need to be sure and keep the ground and the digital ground separate or you may run into issues with the controller.

To test the controller, turn your bottle off and disconnect it. Then, go into your programming menu and set the rpm start to 0, and leave your WOT setting at WOT. Then, with the car off but the key on you should be able to hear the solenoids click when you push the pedal to the floor. When testing this way you don't want to just hold the gas pedal down for periods of time, because it will still spray fuel unless you disconnect the fuel solenoid. If the solenoid clicks, then you may have a damaged solenoid piston. If it doesn't, then you need to check your wiring again while paying special attention to the grounds. In my experience, the ground is usually where the issue lies in the wiring. Next, go over the programming. Here's a basic setup on a Mini for reference:

F.20
C.00
P.00
Old 06-13-2016, 03:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it is a NO dual rail 4 solenoid direct port system with low pressure stand alone fuel system. I have each bank of solenoids (1x nitrous, 1x fuel) controlled by its own "stage" by the controller as I am aware it can't take 4 solenoids on 1 stage. I have both stages set to come on at the same time. Bottle pressure was just under 1,000 psi. I had the main ground for the controller grounded to the stud that the battery cable grounds to under the battery.

I am going to move the ground to the battery itself before I test it again. will also disable the stand alone fuel pump to ensure no fuel is spraying.

Name:  OEM%20LS3%20Intake%20Direct%20Port%2022.jpg
Views: 1935
Size:  95.4 KB

Last edited by Hardcoresoldier; 06-13-2016 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-29-2022, 03:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AJ, when using 4 solenoids for direct port on 1 channel. Do you mean using relays on the ground side between the noise and the controller? I do have relays on the power side. Just want to know the proper way to run 4 noise on one channel. Thank you
Old 09-29-2022, 06:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,022 Likes on 2,353 Posts

Originally Posted by TheLSBeast
AJ, when using 4 solenoids for direct port on 1 channel. Do you mean using relays on the ground side between the noise and the controller? I do have relays on the power side. Just want to know the proper way to run 4 noise on one channel. Thank you
AJ hasn't been here for about 5 years. Check post dates
The following users liked this post:
TheLSBeast (11-15-2022)

Quick Reply: NOS Mini Progressive II Problem