Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyway to wire 2 step to clutch so the nitrous isn't activated when nitrous is armed?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 10:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyway to wire 2 step to clutch so the nitrous isn't activated when nitrous is armed?

I have my 2 step wired into my clutch and it works great but I'm putting a nitrous outlet wet kit and was wondering is there anyway to wire the 2 step soit isn't activated when I have the clutch in when the 2 step is on at wot?
Old 07-11-2016, 10:26 AM
Restricted User

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

Use a relay. You have a normally closed and normally open terminal on the relay, you can wire it up so the Nitrous and 2 Step are both powered by the same relay and can never be on at the same time.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:30 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JoeNova
Use a relay. You have a normally closed and normally open terminal on the relay, you can wire it up so the Nitrous and 2 Step are both powered by the same relay and can never be on at the same time.
This is exactly what you should do. Wire the relay so that when your 2-step is activated, it removes the ground from your controller or window switch. As soon as the 2-step is turned off, the ground is supplied back to the nitrous system, allowing it to activate.
Old 07-11-2016, 12:02 PM
On The Tree

Ok thanks alot guys is there a wiring diagram anywhere I could go by that would help out a ton too?
Old 07-11-2016, 12:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AJatNitrousOutlet
This is exactly what you should do. Wire the relay so that when your 2-step is activated, it removes the ground from your controller or window switch. As soon as the 2-step is turned off, the ground is supplied back to the nitrous system, allowing it to activate.
wouldn't that play hell with the controller's progressive ramps and such? I am looking to add some sort of interrupt to mine because I want to start no-lift shifting. Using the MiniProgressive II controller.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:06 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Hardcoresoldier
wouldn't that play hell with the controller's progressive ramps and such? I am looking to add some sort of interrupt to mine because I want to start no-lift shifting. Using the MiniProgressive II controller.
It wouldn't mess with the ramp at all, because the progressive isn't spraying while you aren't moving. As soon as the 2 step is let off and the power is supplied to the controller, the progressive activates and the ramp starts on launch.

For no-lift shifting you'd need to run a relay on the clutch switch so that when you press the clutch, it takes the power or ground away from the solenoids and not the controller. That would allow your controller to continue working and resume your program after you shift, and not start over as if you were in 1st gear (depending on how you have ramp pause mode setup (Step P on the controller)).
Old 10-21-2018, 04:53 PM

Default Powerglide with button on shifter to activate transbrake and 2 step

Originally Posted by JoeNova
Would like more info on how to use a relay to keep from activating my nose microswitch on my carb at WOT
Old 10-21-2018, 05:02 PM

Default Activating the NOS and 2 Step together while staged

Will this cause any damege or is it just a waste of NOS?
Old 10-23-2018, 10:36 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Woodruff
Would like more info on how to use a relay to keep from activating my nose microswitch on my carb at WOT

Old 10-23-2018, 10:37 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Woodruff
Will this cause any damege or is it just a waste of NOS?
You don't want to do that.

Quick Reply: Anyway to wire 2 step to clutch so the nitrous isn't activated when nitrous is armed?