Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who to use for N2O Cam?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 03:09 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Who to use for N2O Cam?

Who's your go to cam maker to get a custom or off the shelf Nitrous cam shaft? I need to contact and get one made for my new setup. I obviously know the big players Texas Speed, Brian Tooley, LJMS, CamMotion... I am wondering if there are some hidden gems that I've never heard of or if I should stick with ole faithful and just call BTR. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,022 Likes on 2,353 Posts

Looks like you already know the Big Cam Guns.... go with one of them.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:59 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by G Atsma
Looks like you already know the Big Cam Guns.... go with one of them.
Figured as much.. thanks that’s what I’ll do.
Old 01-30-2019, 09:15 AM
"I MAID THEESE"

Received 675 Likes on 425 Posts

Call texas speed, ask for Lonnie. Tell Him Austin @DNA Sent you.
Old 01-30-2019, 01:33 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mavn
Call texas speed, ask for Lonnie. Tell Him Austin @DNA Sent you.
Thanks, I will do that. I was very happy with the last few products I got from Texas Speed.
Old 01-30-2019, 04:47 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 106 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by allblackedout5
Who's your go to cam maker to get a custom or off the shelf Nitrous cam shaft? I need to contact and get one made for my new setup. I obviously know the big players Texas Speed, Brian Tooley, LJMS, CamMotion... I am wondering if there are some hidden gems that I've never heard of or if I should stick with ole faithful and just call BTR. Thanks.
It would be my pleasure to help you with your nitrous camshaft. I ran a nitrous LS for 6 years personally and I help top nitrous LS racers every day. Just give us a call and ask for Steven. 225-926-6110.

The Switch Is On To Cam Motion!
40 years of Championship Winning Experience • Superior 8620 Steel Camshaft Cores • Quiet, Smooth & Powerful Lobe Design • Virtually Unlimited Lift and Duration Combinations • Finish Polished For Quiet Operation • Cam Doctor Printout With All Cams
The Industry's Best Customer Service

www.CamMotion.com ☎ 225-926-6110Like Us On Facebook!
Old 01-30-2019, 05:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

My father went with Cam Motion after I recommended them strictly based on this Forum and he couldn't be happier!! Actually the shop that built his 6.0 swap where his worn out 5.3 was were so impressed with the quality that he placed a few more orders for other LS builds. One thing that everyone comments on is how smooth and quiet the valvetrain is now. It's almost quieter than a new Lexus and he went with a Stage 1 (off the top of my head) high lift with cam motions springs for a 6.0 truck cam from them. If/when the time comes for a rebuild of my 408 I'll probably go solid roller but will use a Cam Motion cam.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:07 PM
9 Second Club

Thanks everyone for the replies.

have to make a decision in the next few days on whether or not I'll be changing heads this off season as well or just running what I currently have. Have to see if I have the budget for it or not (getting married in a few months and its way more expensive than cars lol), figure I should make that decision on the heads prior to getting a cam spec'd. As many of the LS3 lovers will probably hate me for this, I'm sticking with cathedral heads regardless so it may not be that big of a deal as far as cam specs are concerned but I'd rather have exact info for the cam builder. Once I'm positive on which heads I'll be using for the 2019 season I'll be contacting CamMotion, Tick, Texas Speed and BTR more than likely to see who has the best package deal for me and then I'll buy one.