Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Bottle Warmer

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2022, 02:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Nitrous Bottle Warmer

I have the nitrous bottle warmer/mount from Nitrous Outlet (as well as a bottle blanket) and it takes a good 25 minutes to bring the bottle up to temp. Is there a better way to heat the bottle so it comes up to temp sooner?
Old 04-05-2022, 03:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,257 Likes on 804 Posts

are you sure you don't have a wiring issue or a control issue?
We use a warmer blanket and a milwaukee 12v battery on our race car and we can have a bottle up to temp in the lanes in a matter of minutes
Old 04-05-2022, 05:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 380 Likes on 252 Posts

I've read the bottle bracket with the integrated heater is a little slower than the regular wrap around heater as it has less surface touching the bottle. I ran a 10 gauge wire with a connector used for boat trolling motors to the heater for quick disconnect.

The heater is the cheap Dracary $75 from Amazon and it works surprisingly well. The bottles are mounted in the bed of my truck out of direct sunlight hidden under a Bakflip Tonneau cover. Summertime the bottles heat up fast and the transducer cycles very little... and of coarse with colder weather it takes a bit longer.

Nitrous Bottle Warmer-anjjzi2.jpg

Nitrous Bottle Warmer-nh5myua.jpg
Old 04-06-2022, 07:34 AM
TECH Resident

Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

I don't think it's a wiring issue. Voltage is constant. I have it on a relay with 10ga wiring as well. I think the heating element in the bottle bracket only contacts 1/4 of the bottle vs the wrap style which probably heats all sides of the bottle. Eventually it'll reach temp/press. It's just super slow. Thanks for sharing the Dracary option. I may give that a whirl in place of the bottle bracket.
Old 04-15-2022, 09:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 484 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by 98cherrySS
I have the nitrous bottle warmer/mount from Nitrous Outlet (as well as a bottle blanket) and it takes a good 25 minutes to bring the bottle up to temp. Is there a better way to heat the bottle so it comes up to temp sooner?
Bottle warming is fast vs safe. I have seen more people than I can count pull out propane or mapp gas torches to heat a bottle. Works real fast, but do you think that is safe? Best is up to you.
Old 12-07-2022, 11:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 898 Likes on 640 Posts

Originally Posted by 98cherrySS
I don't think it's a wiring issue. Voltage is constant. I have it on a relay with 10ga wiring as well. I think the heating element in the bottle bracket only contacts 1/4 of the bottle vs the wrap style which probably heats all sides of the bottle. Eventually it'll reach temp/press. It's just super slow. Thanks for sharing the Dracary option. I may give that a whirl in place of the bottle bracket.
The integrated bottle heaters do not heat the bottle up as fast. As you mentioned there is very little surface area compared to the wrap style.

They are convenient and look nice, but don't do as good of job.
Old 12-14-2022, 03:41 PM
8 Second Club

Received 731 Likes on 536 Posts

Get yourself a propeller heater. Or an electric "DE-ICE BOOT" that they use on aircraft. The 24v versions with a tool bat work REALLY well. Even at 12-14v they were cheaper, hotter, and worked faster than the N20 bottle blankets I worked with.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173953234509
The following users liked this post:
gnx7 (12-19-2022)

Quick Reply: Nitrous Bottle Warmer