Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 12:50 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help!!!

ok so I wired in my nx kit today and during testing I noticed that at about 5 grand the car falls flat on its face and it feels like it only has a 50 shot on it (150 was added) car also runs way lean when spraying. new plugs (ngk tr-6) and plug wires are only 1 year old. fuel pres is about 55 when I'm wot which I have noticed is about normal. also ses light came on flashing after test. I'm lost and I have no clue as to what the hell is wrong with it. help!
Old 08-04-2004, 01:04 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What is your bottle pressure?
Old 08-04-2004, 01:05 AM
Staging Lane

fresh bottle just had it filled before the install.
Old 08-04-2004, 08:17 AM
10 Second Club

Dave is asking you the actual PSI of the bottle. Also how do you know the car is lean? Going lean in the middle of a run will deffinatly make the car fall on it's face. Are you running a stock pump and, did you get a look at the fuel pressure gauge when the car falls on its face?
Old 08-04-2004, 09:14 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
Dave is asking you the actual PSI of the bottle. Also how do you know the car is lean? Going lean in the middle of a run will deffinatly make the car fall on it's face. Are you running a stock pump and, did you get a look at the fuel pressure gauge when the car falls on its face?

bottle pressure was at 925-950 a/f guage wasn't even reading it was so lean came back into visability after I let off. the fuel pump is stock but I am using a wet kit to try and counteract that. the fuel press was sitting at about 55 when it leaned out which is what I noticed to be the normal fuel pres at wot. Is there a possibility one of the selenoids are wired wrong i.e. the fuel one?
Old 08-04-2004, 09:26 AM
FormerVendor

What all is done to your car.It sounds like you may need a fuel pump.Check the fuel solenoid first and see if it is working.Take the line off of the nozzle and aim it into a can.Then take and bump the nitrous system on.If you have a window switch take out the activation switch and run a jumper wire in its place.Check to make sure fuel comes out.What jets are you using?
Dave
Old 08-04-2004, 11:27 AM
10 Second Club

I don't think your getting any fuel either. Even my Walbro pump will drop 3psi or so when spraying a 150 shot. When my car was getting no fuel from the solenoid the O2s would hover in the .800s for a couple of seconds then drop like a rock. I would check that noid like Dave said and check the jet and nozzle for any debris.
Old 08-04-2004, 01:43 PM
Staging Lane

ran all the checks it's not the selonoid. I'm thinging it might be jetted wrong. either that or I dunno. I'm almost to the point of taking it into someone to fix. but not quite yet. The car is a straight bolt on car stock engine, etc. exhaust is longtubes ory loudmouth. intake is ram air slp cai kn lid 85mm maf stock tb ls6 intake. has tr6 plugs and msd wires. I'll keep on it and try to get it workin right thanks for your help so far I'm sure I'll be needing more.

josh
Old 08-08-2004, 09:00 PM
Staging Lane

well it;s fixed the jets were switched up the no2 jet was in the fuel line etc...etc.. works awsome now
Old 08-08-2004, 09:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joshs_ws6
well it;s fixed the jets were switched up the no2 jet was in the fuel line etc...etc.. works awsome now

Always check the simple stuff first.. Or just be careful when you're putting everything together in the first place..

Glad to hear you got it figured out.. Lucky you didn't do any damage..
Old 08-08-2004, 10:56 PM
FormerVendor

Josh glad to see its back up.It was good talking to you.
Dave
Old 08-09-2004, 06:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Dont you mean your car was running Fat? If you had the bigger Nitrous jets in the fuel line, and fuel jets in the nitrous, you would have way too much fuel in your motor...

it was probably not taking the Shrader Valve out of the fuel rail
Old 08-10-2004, 01:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BigBronco
Dont you mean your car was running Fat? If you had the bigger Nitrous jets in the fuel line, and fuel jets in the nitrous, you would have way too much fuel in your motor...

it was probably not taking the Shrader Valve out of the fuel rail
no dave explained it to me that the first 2 cylnders were not firein and there for setting the ses light to flash as there was a missfire as for it being lean not quite sure but thats what it did and if it was the schrader valve i would have still gotten the no2 in there which would have probly blown up my motor. I'm new to nitrous but not that new