Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Court Is Over

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 01:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Court Is Over

Well...here I am, I posted a few weeks ago asking if anyone knew the laws about Nitrous that my boyfriend had a court date. Well the outcome was pretty good. I think kind of harsh for a first offense but he has to call everyday for a year to see if he has to go the next morning for a urine test since the Nitrous is a controlled substance (even though it was for his car, he is now considered a controlled substance abuser), he is on probation for a year. Has to go to a offensive driving seminar that lasts all day the 28th and pay court and probation costs. They sure put the hammer down on him

I cannot believe they were that rough on him. Now remember his nitrous was in the trunk of his car that was wrecked because someone hit him on the highway and drove off. He wasnt using his Nitrous at the time of getting the ticket or anything.

I do appreciate everyones opinions and I did look up the laws. Here in Ohio it is against the law to have nitrous while operating or being used by a passenger in or on a motor vehicleon a street, highway, or other public or privatge property open to the publice for purposes of vehicular traffic or parking. It continues...while being in or on a stationary motor vehicle on a street, highway or other public or private property open to the public for purposes of vehicular traffic or parking. Unless authorized under Chapter 3719, 4715, 4729, 4731, 4741 or 4765 of the revised code. Whoever violates this section is guilty of possessing nitrous oxide in a motor vehicle, a misdemeanor of the fourth degree

NICE HUH!
So, if your in Ohio be careful..

Thanks again for everyones help

Jamie
Old 08-16-2004, 01:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

crazy! i can see the traffic tickets but a controlled substance?
Old 08-16-2004, 01:53 PM
11 Second Club

What!!!!!!!????!!!!

That Is Insane!
Old 08-16-2004, 02:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

that judge is
Old 08-16-2004, 03:00 PM
Launching!

So when they perform a urine test what exactly are they going to be testing for? That is the weirdest thing I have ever heard of. Your BF should appeal. I should check the laws in PA. My bottle is hidden but if someone crashes into me, it would surely become visible.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

yea...can hear it now...sir, can i have you urinate into that cup for me, and could i get you to pull your car around to the booth out back for random emissions testing.....****** tards......
Old 08-16-2004, 03:39 PM
Staging Lane

Nuff said. Sorry to hear about that, Jamie.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:50 PM
Teching In

I know that is about what I said...some crazy crap if you ask me...like we dont have enough to worry about with him having 3 kids and me 2 of my own and me the mother of all of them while he tries to finalize his divorce with his crazy exwife that left and abandoned them 3 years ago..now i have to make sure he calls this urine hotline daily and doesnt drink too much cause that will be a probation violation. Just crazy stuff. I mean go and find some coke dealers and leave us tax paying citizens alone that is just trying to have a little fun before we die...

Take care all
Jamie :o)
Old 08-16-2004, 10:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

this is completely wrong. that law only applies to medical grade N20 not automotive grade. you can legaly buy and use automotive grade N2O anywhere in the US since it is mixed with sulfur. you just cant have it installed on your car unless you are not on public roads.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is so BS. How the hell is automotive grade N20 considered a controlled substance? Appeal that ****!
Old 08-16-2004, 10:47 PM
TECH Addict

Did anyone explain to the Judge/Prosecutor that his bottle was filled w/Ny Trous + which will kill or at least make you very ill if you huff it? There is a difference like Taqwache said.

I'd appeal this.I'd take a ticket of some sort but not a controlled substance charge.
Old 08-17-2004, 05:50 AM
Teching In

That is what I was thinking that there has to be some sort of difference. He also had a speeding ticket (the one when he got arrested) and another dumb *** ticket for non display of a license plate (it was on his back seat) but they dropped those and only concentrated on the Nit. charge. When he returns from work I will talk to him and see about his lawyer appealing it. Grrr...I just want this crap (and his divorce) over with

Thanks for the input!!
Old 08-17-2004, 06:29 AM
TECH Resident

Ohio.........WTF!!!!! I contacted ODOT last year about any laws or resterictions concerning N2O use in a vehicle. The officer I talked to said he could find nothing, other than not to use it while on public roads.

Maybe they changed it?