Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nxl Re-testing Complete

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Here is the jet pattern used.Please check yours.
80 18N 9f
120 20N 10f
180 26N 12f
250 38N 14f

Dave
Yep that is different than what I have. When are they going to send us the other/correct jets? I will gladly try it out with the new jets.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why didnt anyone ever mention there was a new jetting pattern? Could have saved a lot of my bitching if it fixes it.

And BTW when did the 250 shot jetting come out? That would be awesome if I can get it to work out and they kit can run a 250shot.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 93LS1RX7
Why didnt anyone ever mention there was a new jetting pattern? Could have saved a lot of my bitching if it fixes it.

And BTW when did the 250 shot jetting come out? That would be awesome if I can get it to work out and they kit can run a 250shot.

I tried the new jetting, went way lean. Will post the video and dyno later
Old 08-20-2004, 02:49 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MeanWS6
I am not here to cause waves, just stating the facts. I am not here to **** folks off, Nitro Daves is the only one that got the ball rolling on this. He is A'OK in my book
This is supposed to be fun.
I give up, time to take my loss, learn from MY MISTAKE I guess
NX-talk to you soon
btw, if you want my dynos, and videos where they shut it down cause it went too lean after Ricky sent my the "correct" jets let me know

I didnt do the install, Speed did it.
Mean,
Thanks for the responce.I have a question.When you dynoed,Did they shut it down as soon as it spiked or did they run it through to see if it went back down.If you look at NXs dyno graph it also spikes.But it flatens out.This is common.I have seen it on a lot of the ford plate cars that we dyno.
Mean if you have dyno sheats and stuff please email them to me.They are not seeing with there car so some proff is what we are looking for.They have to find the problem before they can give the solution.
I have talked to Ricky,You have to understand he is a direct person.He gets right to the point.By his post it may seem that that was what they came up with and thats final but thats not what is what his post was intended for.He was just posting up the results found on his car.He is here on this forum to tackle this problem positive feed back will be needed in order to resolve this issue.
Thanks
Dave
Old 08-20-2004, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

it was after the lean spike, we knew that would happen but it stayed their
rt now I am running 26/14 that came with the kit. a/f is 10:1. on the 26/12 it went 14:1-15:1 I think
Old 08-20-2004, 02:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Mean,
Do you know what your bottle pressure and fuel pressure were at with the 26/14 pills? Does your fuel pressure hold steady throughout the nitrous run?
Old 08-20-2004, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

~1000
FP dropped a tad, not that much but that is expected
trust me, everything was up to par - checked and rechecked before the runs
Old 08-20-2004, 03:06 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Dave the 250 tune up is the only one I have not test on our car yet. But trust me we will. We are willing to talk to the piston gods. (remember this is a stock bottom end engine 150 dyno pulls) Right now raining not a good day to be at the dyno.
Here is the jet pattern used.Please check yours.
80 18N 9f
120 20N 10f
180 26N 12f
250 38N 14f

Dave
Old 08-20-2004, 03:10 PM

Yep that is different than what I have. When are they going to send us the other/correct jets? I will gladly try it out with the new jets.
Mike call or pm your info and I will get the jets to you.
Ricky
Old 08-20-2004, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Chrisrokc
My kit works perfectly! Rails don't pop off, power is feeling good (Track times later tonight!!), everything works perfect...... except the lag/lean spike. I didn't know about this when I bought the kit. It was the only full ls1 kit so I thought it was a good buy.

Only thing I wish was that the accumulator was either cheaper or came with the kit! I spent so much money on this kit just to find out I need like 200 bucks to get it to run right after I spent like 400+ on just bottle heater, pressure gauge, pressure sensors, purge, and other misc. stuff and then 1200+ on the kit.

How about you sell the accumulator for 100 or give it to me since it is supposed to be a semi complete running kit. Then I will be a happy customer!
The accumulator was offered end the begining at a cost level. Give me a call and we will get it taken care of.
Ricky
Old 08-20-2004, 03:15 PM
Teching In

Revised jet pattern??? When did this come out? I heard some people trying new stuff to try and get it right but NEVER saw anything about revised jetting.

I agree. It would appear that the only people who know anything about the "revised" jet pattern are those who called NX and raised hell! What about the poor street guy who doesn't dyno his engine every month and assumed he was buying a quality reliable kit, fully tested & certified, and backed by a reputable manufacturer? "If" this revised jetting pattern is a "fix" (as stated) a reputable manufacturer would in good conscience communicate it to "all" purchasers of this kit. One of the main reasons I purchased this kit was the reliablility factor (with-in reason) of a direct port kit. Another reason is that I had heard that Nitrous Express was a stand up company. I "hope" my belief in the above was not misplaced! Come on guys(NX), every thread here, is from a loyal (but frustrated) customer who just wants their kit to work as advertised. Bashing Nitrous Express isn't fun or the name of the game. Lets face it, we are your best (and least expensive) advertisers. "At the very least" step up to the plate and keep us informed of additional info as it becomes available.

Old 08-20-2004, 03:39 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Old Timer
I agree. It would appear that the only people who know anything about the "revised" jet pattern are those who called NX and raised hell! What about the poor street guy who doesn't dyno his engine every month and assumed he was buying a quality reliable kit, fully tested & certified, and backed by a reputable manufacturer? "If" this revised jetting pattern is a "fix" (as stated) a reputable manufacturer would in good conscience communicate it to "all" purchasers of this kit. One of the main reasons I purchased this kit was the reliablility factor (with-in reason) of a direct port kit. Another reason is that I had heard that Nitrous Express was a stand up company. I "hope" my belief in the above was not misplaced! Come on guys(NX), every thread here, is from a loyal (but frustrated) customer who just wants their kit to work as advertised. Bashing Nitrous Express isn't fun or the name of the game. Lets face it, we are your best (and least expensive) advertisers. "At the very least" step up to the plate and keep us informed of additional info as it becomes available.

Oldtimer,
Actually the jet pattern that we are talking about has been posted on this board many times way before these test take place.You can do a search and find several of these guys talking about it.
However NX is not saying that that is the fix.That was a closer jet pattern than the first one.
Dave
Old 08-20-2004, 03:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MeanWS6
it was after the lean spike, we knew that would happen but it stayed their
rt now I am running 26/14 that came with the kit. a/f is 10:1. on the 26/12 it went 14:1-15:1 I think
Wow, 10.0:1 to 14.x:1 from JUST the jet change??? That seems like quite a big jump from just .002" change. Makes me curious how much mine would change, as I'm still running the 26:14 jets in my car.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:07 PM
11 Second Club

Ricky, can you HONESTLY TELL US that a lean spike of 16:1 for 200rpm is NORMAL??
Old 08-20-2004, 04:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 70Stang
Ricky, can you HONESTLY TELL US that a lean spike of 16:1 for 200rpm is NORMAL??
on a deadheaded ls1 style fuel system, a drop in pressure is normal..... this is the cause of 90% of the "fpss suck" threads

Ryan
Old 08-20-2004, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by 70Stang
Yes, a lean spike on this system is normal. Not sure about 200rpm though. I see 16:1 but for less than 100. Remember it is a spike and spikes are not what tears an engine up. If the 16:1 would of held for a longer time then I would adjust jetting to compensate for a lean tune up.
Fuel pressure in a return less fuel system can not respond to demands like a return style. The regulator is just to far away. So when you open a solenoid the total system looses pressure for an instant, then recovers.
Ricky
Old 08-20-2004, 04:55 PM

Here is the info you have requested. Sorry they are not in order but I believe you will be able to make them out. Hope this helps

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/ls1_nxl2.htm
Originally Posted by marlowchris
First off I see HP graphs ans A/F graphs separately. I would like to see them on the same graph to comfirm the HP versus A/F ratio. Also what did the base tune look like and what was the A/F ratio then?

It seems NX has solved some of the problems:
1) Newly designed brackets
2) New longer crossover hose
3) Chamfers on the O-ring inlets

So is NX going to send us the fixed parts?

Now for the HP rating claim and A/F ratio. In my eyes this has always been the big problem. I know it is on my car. My car did not see the HP numbers and was very lean with their jetting.

So what is NX going to do about this? There is no way all of us are having the same problem. Even if they can not reproduce the problem, a good company will step up to the plate and do whatever it takes to make their customers happy. I guess we will see.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:57 PM
Teching In

Oldtimer,
Actually the jet pattern that we are talking about has been posted on this board many times way before these test take place.You can do a search and find several of these guys talking about it.
However NX is not saying that that is the fix.That was a closer jet pattern than the first one.
Dave

Dave,
Appreciate your response. I guess what I was trying to communicate was that I feel left out of the loop. I spend most of my time on the Corvette Forum board (hope I can say that) and had I not seen your post there, (which I appreciated) I would not had any idea that a potential problem existed with my kit. (I'm one of the non race street guys so no dyno time) Before I bought my kit (from you know who) I spoke to NX on several occasions about the reliability of their kit and was assured that it was safe and finalized with a margin of safety. This was my main concern as I knew that I would not be dyno'g the car. It seems to me that NX was somewhat remiss in not attempting to communicate to the kit purchasers of enhancements/upgrades in a more timely/direct fashion. This is not meant to be a flame job on NX, just my feelings.

Old 08-20-2004, 05:06 PM

Ok guys I have to leave work but I will look in from time to time this weekend.
Ricky
Old 08-20-2004, 05:10 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Old Timer
Dave,
Appreciate your response. I guess what I was trying to communicate was that I feel left out of the loop. I spend most of my time on the Corvette Forum board (hope I can say that) and had I not seen your post there, (which I appreciated) I would not had any idea that a potential problem existed with my kit. (I'm one of the non race street guys so no dyno time) Before I bought my kit (from you know who) I spoke to NX on several occasions about the reliability of their kit and was assured that it was safe and finalized with a margin of safety. This was my main concern as I knew that I would not be dyno'g the car. It seems to me that NX was somewhat remiss in not attempting to communicate to the kit purchasers of enhancements/upgrades in a more timely/direct fashion. This is not meant to be a flame job on NX, just my feelings.

Your post did not come across to me as bashing at all.It seems to me that not everyone is having problems.If your car is working fine and you have the new jets in there odds are its fine.65 of these kits have been sold.There seems to be a hand full of people that have actual rich or lean problems that we know of.NX is working on solving those issues.

Quick Reply: Nxl Re-testing Complete