Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Co2 fake purge

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 01:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Co2 fake purge

I know this is rice but I was thinking and there is a reason to get this. To save on refilling the damn tank. It is fun ******* with ricers and scaring them off but not cheap. So I thought about installing one of these and just using the actual N2O purge on the car right before using it. A cheaper way to steam rice if you will. Any comments? Keep in mind this is in addition to my TNT set up not in place of.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Waste of money.. but if all you do is chance around rice then go for it I guess..
Old 08-27-2004, 01:13 PM
10 Second Club

Waste of money is a subwoofer, This saves money. It ain't cheap filling the bottle. Besides when the pull up and blow off their turbo at you it's nice to throw something back. Of course they never want to race anymore?
Old 08-27-2004, 01:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't see the need for purging at rice... But whatever floats your boat.

I purge for function, not for fun. Instead of wasting the $200 on a fake kit, why not apply the $200 towards a filling station. I pay $1.36/lb for nitrous wholesale.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:29 PM
10 Second Club

I agree put the money into a refill station. It's one of the best investments I've made for my car (plus you can make alittle money on the side too). Or just stop purging at the rice. Just hit the nitrous from a 15mph roll and they'll be shitting their pants, if they talk to you agian just tell them all you have an airfilter and cat back. I love doing that, they get this look on their face like you just kicked them in the *****.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:38 PM
10 Second Club

200.00 for a kit? I didn't know they cost that ******* much. All it is is a CO2 canister. **** that. I thought it would be like 40.00 or so. How much is a refill station and where do you get them?
Old 08-27-2004, 01:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Side Note: A Subwoofer is not a waste of time or money. Unless all you do is drive around trying to scare Hondas. I have to drive to work, and like music to sound decent. When I decide to race, I guess I will scare them with my taillights, not my fake purge.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:51 PM
10 Second Club

Subwoofer is a huge waste of money! To much weight and you can get decent sound with an after market system w/o a sub, unless you run with a ricer crowd! I don't scare them with the purge, I entice them to race. I scare them with 630 rwhp of GM muscle. If you carry a sub you don't race much. Subs require boxes, amps heavy wiring, etc. I know this cause I used to do it, when I was 16 that is. Too much weight for racing.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

waste of money is installing a co2 purge kit... serves no purpose whatsoever ... a subwoofer on the other hand has a purpose ... and doesn't cost anything past the initial purchase
Old 08-27-2004, 02:11 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by HAMRHEAD
200.00 for a kit? I didn't know they cost that ******* much. All it is is a CO2 canister. **** that. I thought it would be like 40.00 or so. How much is a refill station and where do you get them?
Brand new refill stations are about $800 (no scale or compressor). However, you can peice one togethor pretty cheap off ebay. I think I spent about $390 or so on mine with a scale and compressor. Cryo pumps pop up on Ebay often, mine was around $150.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:15 PM
10 Second Club

Is that all that is needed? A scale, compressor, and cryo pump? Will be getting one very soon just want to make sure I get everything needed.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Four 15" subs is a waste of money. Nothing is wrong with adding one ten or twelve for some in-car sound quality. It makes a huge difference. Music sucks without low frequencies. All you have left is midrange and highs. Imagine going to a concert without subs, it would suck. Not everybody is trying to be heard ten cars away. I have a ten-inch sub and amp in my car, maybe 25lbs total. How much is your cop-out CO2 purge going to weigh? What a hipocrit.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:25 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by HAMRHEAD
Is that all that is needed? A scale, compressor, and cryo pump? Will be getting one very soon just want to make sure I get everything needed.
That's it for big stuff but you will need a bunch of small stuff like, lines, fittings, bottle nut (regular bottle nut fits the bulk bottles too), shut off at the pump for the air compressor. Also a good idea to buy a gauge for the big bottle, filter, air water seperator for the compressor and a shut off for the nitrous (I don't use one). Make sure you buy a compressor that can flow atleast about 4 cfm @ 90psi, I got mine from Harbor Frieght on sale for $89 shipped. I think they are still at that price, it's the 2hp pancake style.
Old 08-27-2004, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

this is just my opinion,,so dont get offended..if you purge enough to need to fill your bottle from purging rather than racing..you purge WAAAYY to much..cruising around purging at every civic,fire hydrant,and small children is not saying you do this, but a guy here in a mustang would drive around town purging at EVERYTHING constantly..it was the stupidest thing i have ever saw..everytime he would do it i would shout...2 dollars..4 dollars .... if you want to purge,do it before you make a pass,dyno run,or any controlled race..dont just drive around waiting for a vw to rev you so you can purge...just laugh at him, this is way better because not only does it **** them off, they usually take off with fart can at full volume,and if your lucky a smokey will be right there to issue him a ricecake in the form of a ticket. if you still want to spend money on "air" go ahead. everyone has there own thing, if you really want to do it, buy one..im not going to hate on you for doing your own thing, i will however,say that i think a sub is ok. i have never had a sound system without some kind of sub,they say once you have one,youll never be able to be without..and i think its true. i love a little low end..as for the weight: a small amp,wire and sub are not going to make that much of a difference IMO..i love these people who "grind" off excess bolt thread to save weight..give me a break people..its a STREET CAR!! if you wanna gut your strip car,, go for it..it has one purpose.. speed.ill keep my interior,sub,and seats..when you guys with the "stripped cars" roll by me and smoke my *** ill just lay back with my ac on high and jam to my fleetwood mac..hahahahah
Old 08-27-2004, 07:55 PM
10 Second Club

I agree with you about the purging. I purge when someone wants to race. Like when they pull up and blow off their turbo at you. My issue is once I purge they want nothing to do with me. Now I don't even get to race. Just wasted the N2O. Pisses me off. I thought the fake one was like 30-40 bucks not 200. I won't spend 200 on some **** like that. Everyone seems to think it is to impress someone but yet they either don't read all of the posts in a thread or need to be hooked on phonics. I've used Subs in the past. In fact I have a brand new JL10w6v2 that I never installed and a couple audiobahn amps. I thought it was just way to much weight for what I was looking for. I have no clue what a CO2 purge weighs but it doesn't matter cause I'm not paying 200 for one. I'm just gonna buy the refill station.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:58 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SStolen
Four 15" subs is a waste of money. Nothing is wrong with adding one ten or twelve for some in-car sound quality. It makes a huge difference. Music sucks without low frequencies. All you have left is midrange and highs. Imagine going to a concert without subs, it would suck. Not everybody is trying to be heard ten cars away. I have a ten-inch sub and amp in my car, maybe 25lbs total. How much is your cop-out CO2 purge going to weigh? What a hipocrit.
First off it's not a cop-out I actually have and use N2O. So before you try to sound intelligent open a dictionary to see what something means or read all the post einstein. Now run along and play.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:02 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by redbandit98
ill just lay back with my ac on high and jam to my fleetwood mac..hahahahah
I was with you all the way up till the fleetwood mac part.

Old 08-28-2004, 12:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

sweet...buy the refill station..your friends will thank you..."hey man, can i come over and get some cheap nitrous,they charge too much at the speedshop

And Magic Chicken..Fleetwood rules...
Old 08-28-2004, 01:04 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by redbandit98
sweet...buy the refill station..your friends will thank you..."hey man, can i come over and get some cheap nitrous,they charge too much at the speedshop

And Magic Chicken..Fleetwood rules...
I hear ya about the speedshops charging to much. I'd give ya some freebies but the cost of driving to Milwaukee would negate any savings, sorry! I will be refilling friends tanks at cost though
Old 08-28-2004, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

why are you stooping to their level and purging at them cause they let you listen to the BOV w/ their turbo 4banger? **** even if you do win the race they are the ones getting into your pockets. Learn some restraint man. If you are this careless with a purge kit id honestly hate to see what you do with anything over a 100 shot

Be a little more mature adn wise about when, where and how you use your purge. then there is no need. If youjust wanted the effect you could have bought a honda and saved yourself a bunch of money on the car and insurance not flaming ya man just show some self control. The way you purge leads me to think you shouldn't be spraying in the first place, its a big responsiblity.

Travis

Quick Reply: Co2 fake purge