Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how important is fuel pressure safety switch

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 06:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SStolen
Is there any thing you can do prevent objects from getting inside of your noids? I don't really see how anything could get into them but I have heard stories.
-What do you mean 'crack the bottle open before you hook it up?'
-When you say you should clear the lines, what do you mean and how often? There might be months when I go without spraying. Should I clean the lines by purging every once in a while? How often, how long?

-What goes wrong with the FPSS? How can you hook it up wrong?
-What problems?
Sstolen, Nitrous filters are the best insurance for not getting trash in your noids, they are reasonably cheap and available from most nitrous companies such as ourselves, We stock them at all times. ( other guys) The FPSS is is just another safety feature in a long line of safety devices to keep your car togethor, unfortuanately it cant make your entire system safe. Thats the reason window switches, FPSS, purge kits etc have been created. Ive seen one company in here that has a A/F safety device that cuts the kit off if it reads too lean, again a great safety feature. The best thing to think about is you get what you pay for, IE. If you just purchase a nitrous kit thats all you have, a nitrous kit. If you purchase a nitrous kit and all the fail safes then you have that, A safe nitrous kit. Hope this helps guys.

Last edited by Steve@NitroDaves; 09-08-2004 at 06:48 AM.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Steve@NitroDaves
Sstolen, Nitrous filters are the best insurance for not getting trash in your noids, they are reasonably cheap and available from most nitrous companies such as ourselves, We stock them at all times. ( other guys) The FPSS is is just another safety feature in a long line of safety devices to keep your car togethor, unfortuanately it cant make your entire system safe. Thats the reason window switches, FPSS, purge kits etc have been created. Ive seen one company in here that has a A/F safety device that cuts the kit off if it reads too lean, again a great safety feature. The best thing to think about is you get what you pay for, IE. If you just purchase a nitrous kit thats all you have, a nitrous kit. If you purchase a nitrous kit and all the fail safes then you have that, A safe nitrous kit. Hope this helps guys.
I just looked at you site for the filters. I have the NX EFI kit. Which filter kit do I need the 15607 or 15610?
Old 09-09-2004, 08:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Dynotune has a A/F ratio switch that they just redesigned. It used to cut off if you went to rich or to lean while spraying(it read of your 02 sensors/milivolts) but since a lot of people run rich especially when spraying they redesigned it to only cut off when you run lean! It comes with a red led light that goes in your dash that comes on when you go lean or rich(different patterns for each) so you know whats going on! Ill be geting this instead of the FPSS because it does what the FPSS does and more!
Old 09-09-2004, 08:35 AM
Staging Lane

SSTOLEN if you have the -4 line then you need the 15607 the 15610 is for -6 lines. I would assume your kit is the 20920-10 single nozzle system. That one requires the 15607.
Old 09-09-2004, 03:00 PM
12 Second Club

Am I the only one using one of these?

http://www.speedshop.org/store/scrip...p?idproduct=97

It screws right into the solenoid. Although, I have a big NX filter on my fill station, and blowing through it by mouth it's alot less restrictive, but probably not enough to affect my little 100-shot system.
Old 09-10-2004, 08:33 PM
Launching!

where can i get a nitrous fuel pressure safety switch??? I have a TNT f2 kit with a seperate fuel system and would like to be safe incase i catch a bubble in the line or whatever. thanks.
-james
Old 09-11-2004, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

Does anybody make a FPSS that is adjustable?

Steve
Old 09-11-2004, 04:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

every FPSS i have seen is adjustable.

There is a rubber cap you remove, and a screw you adjust.

Ryan
Old 09-11-2004, 06:13 PM
On The Tree

Sweet. Thanks.

Quick Reply: how important is fuel pressure safety switch