Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to mod ls1 zex wet kit for 200 shot??

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default how to mod ls1 zex wet kit for 200 shot??

thanks
dave
Old 10-03-2004, 07:53 PM
TECH Addict

i would get some forged pistons and rods and u should be fine with that!!!
Old 10-03-2004, 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

i should be clearer. I mean mods to the zex kit. its advertised to 125HP only

Dave
Old 10-03-2004, 09:02 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TT_Vert
i should be clearer. I mean mods to the zex kit. its advertised to 125HP only

Dave
You could always just run with no jets...that should work.

Actually, you have to have the line size, solenoid capacity, correct fuel and nitrous jets, a nozzle that will effectively disperse a 200 shot, timing retard, good gas, big enough fuel supply for the car..

Basically, if you have to ask how to mod a standard cheapy kit to spray 200 hp, you have no business going over a 125 shot. Not eing a dick, but its just not that easy, that kind of thinking is exactly how people blow their motors. If you really want a 200 shot, you should sell that Zex junk and get a NX Express kit, a Walboro 340 intank pump, hotwire kit, TR6 plugs (maybe TR7 as well to try), all the safety features and entire Gen X 2 kit, timing tuner to act as window switch and timing retard, and install everything, go to a good tuner with a chassis dyno, and make some pulls to figure out where you are at. Also, at least 94 octane pump gas with some Torco additive if not 110 unleaded gas. ALso to actually use a 200 shot, you will need long tube headers / good entire exhaust, and a good air intake system as well (to maximize the effectiveness of nitrous)..In other words, be prepared to spend about $3,500 to get it done right. Otherwis, just keep the Zex and use a 125 shot, should be ok on stock timing and pump gas, and stock fuel system (if no other mods are done to the car).

SDB
Old 10-03-2004, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

i know what im doing fuel/timing/tuning etc. wise. I dont have the kit and ive read that people are using the kit up to 200 shots. IM wondering if its the solenoid that is limiting the nitrous flow or if its something else internal to the unit. i've always dealt w/ NOS and in the past their solenoids were the limiting factor. Im assuming its more of an internal issue w/ the zex kit then the solenoid or jets limiting the capabilities. I've used ever possible power adder including nitrous over the past 10 years and have yet to not drive my car home from the track in over 1000 passes.

my car is a c5 and i will beusing the stock fuel system and injectors. i plan to pull about 10 deg out and probally start around 10.8AFR or so. I will be running 93 octane as well. I have long tubes, gears and tires. Im going 12.1s at 115 now and i want to see mid to high 10s before winter. oh and i will be going a few steps colder on the plugs. I didnt include any of this info because it wasnt pertinent to what i needed to know.
Dave

Last edited by TT_Vert; 10-03-2004 at 09:33 PM.
Old 10-03-2004, 10:39 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't be anthing limiting size except solenoids....unless the line is stupid small or the nozzle is not worth a ****...I det if the solenoids are big enough, it should work if you can get the appropriate jetting. Why get the Zex kit over the proven NX kits? I have the GM MAF kit and really like it. I am only having to take out 2 degrees on a 200 wet shot with 93 octane and a can of Torco race gas concentrate (no KR, about 11.6 AFR on the bottle).
Old 10-03-2004, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

the zex kit is all self contained so it'll be easy to pull out, intall and it uses a TPS wire to activate vs. a WOT micro switch (i dunno if the NX uses this) and I can get the kit for 529 new!. I plan to take out 10 deg and slowly increase watching for KR. Ive never had hypercrap pistons on a forced induction or nitrous motor before so im gonna be safe. Another reason for the ZEX kit is that it is least intrusive. I can have the kit out in 10 mins and take it back in for warranty work should anything happen and nobody would be any the wiser. Unless they checked pistons for sulfer content I plan to use straight 92 octane w/ no other additives and i want it to be safe even though it is in fact under warranty.

I assume the lines are all 4an (i dont know about internally though). I dont have the kit so i cant take it apart to see whats inside. Im looking to see if its feasable to modify the zex kit for higher HP, if it isnt maybe ill get a different kit or just forget about nitrous. Im just wanting to get a cheap thrill before winter.

BTW what ET's do you see before and after the 200 shot?

Dave

Quick Reply: how to mod ls1 zex wet kit for 200 shot??