Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Sneaky Pete Nos" kit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 02:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default "Sneaky Pete Nos" kit?

After taking a nice dump and reading the new summit catalog i noticed Nos had a "sneaky pete" nos kit that is basically a really small, tiny shot of nos that is like a sleeper kit, says it is good for i think 3 mph and 3-5 tenths. Know anything about this, would be nice lil kit to have and it was super cheap. Basically good for 1-2 1/4 runs or however you wanna use it. Let me know, i'm interested
Old 10-19-2004, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mc01ta
After taking a nice dump and reading the new summit catalog i noticed Nos had a "sneaky pete" nos kit that is basically a really small, tiny shot of nos that is like a sleeper kit, says it is good for i think 3 mph and 3-5 tenths. Know anything about this, would be nice lil kit to have and it was super cheap. Basically good for 1-2 1/4 runs or however you wanna use it. Let me know, i'm interested
ok first didnt really need to know u took a dump!! anyways depending on the price it might be a good deal but not sure. im personally looking into nitrous. i say just get the real kit unless the is an unbeatable price.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah why not get the real deal. Even if you have a sleeper car red light to redlight or on the highway nobodies gonna be looking under your hood.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:53 PM
On The Tree

sneaky pete is only good for about 25hp, and about .1 in et. They are supposed to be for a bracket car that has lets say, a bad launch and has to make up a little et. You would barley notice any difference in how the car acts. That's why they are cheap, they don't nake any big power, The solenoids work off a 9 volt battery and have small orifices so jetting is limited, I say go for a specific kit! you will be happier in the long run.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:30 PM
Staging Lane

I would just go with a real kit also. Although I like the idea. Question is, why would you do such a small gain and have it not be seen? It seems like a waste unless you have much more done. I figure if your going to race for money, and don't want him to know about a small nitrious kit might as well race him stock, if you think your going to win. I hope that makes sense and you all aren't saying
Old 10-20-2004, 12:33 PM
12 Second Club

You can build your own setup like this using much better components. The sneaky pete is good for one run. I would recommend at least a two pound bottle.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:29 PM
Staging Lane

are yall serious??? i ran a sneaky pete and was good for 1 full run and it was 100 dry.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:36 PM

i talked to Holley (NOS) and i was told that the lines that come with the kit which are the plastic like black lines without a jet can flow apx a 85 shot i was also told that the solenoid is a super power shot solenoid which can flow b/w 150-175 but you will have to move from the plastic like line to a stainless braided nitrous line 4an 6an ect what ever would float your boat 4an would be more than enough although it can flow up to 150-175 you will more than likely run out of nitrous before you make the full pass. i would put a kit together before i bout that buy a 2.5lb bottle a nos nitrous solenoid relay a 15$ dry fogger nozzle from jegs and throw it together like that the bottle will still be small enough to hide.....
Old 10-20-2004, 02:02 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula

After taking a nice dump and reading the new summit catalog...
I do that SAME thing

i noticed Nos had a "sneaky pete" nos kit that is basically a really small, tiny shot of nos that is like a sleeper kit, says it is good for i think 3 mph and 3-5 tenths. Know anything about this, would be nice lil kit to have and it was super cheap. Basically good for 1-2 1/4 runs or however you wanna use it. Let me know, i'm interested
I would get a regular kit. Like the others said, who's going to be looking under your hood that you need a "sleeper" kit for? Also, you're going to want to run bigger shots (everyone does I think ) and I imagine it's a small bottle right? You'll have to be filling it up often. As it is I got through a 10lb. bottle in one night.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:32 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

stop reading jegs, and give nitrodave a call...get a NX wet kit and be done with it. If you try to do cheap things to your car, you will regret it and then do those things again in the future using the right parts...(from personal experience).
Old 10-23-2004, 04:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you try to do cheap things to your car, you will regret it and then do those things again in the future using the right parts...(from personal experience).
I couldn't agree more. I have spent twice the money that most people have to do comparable things because i have tried the cheap route first only to realize that was not what i wanted...
Old 10-26-2004, 10:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

i had the sneaky pete system i went from pete to a 125 nx wet kit. skip pete and spray big

Quick Reply: "Sneaky Pete Nos" kit?