Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Burst Disc HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burst Disc HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought a TNT bottle that was unused but the safety valve and burst disc had already been put on. I bought a DynoTune Blow Down tube and it came with a new saftey valve and burst disc and I was just going to swap them. Well the DynoTune one is double maled and the TNT bottle is male coming out so I can use the DynoTune one. 1st off I need to know can I reuse the burst disc that was already in the saftey valve(I cant use the dynotune burst disc because it is a different style) or do I need to replace it. There isnt anything wrong with it I just read that regardless of it is or not you need to replace it. 2nd is would it be ok to buy a double female fitting so the DynoTune saftey valve will work?
Old 11-01-2004, 08:36 PM
Restricted User

If the TNT has the externall threads allowing you to add the BD tube, then its setup already, if not, then you will have to swap as it would only be a burst disc rather than a safety blowoff. I wouldnt mess with adapters.

good luck

Charlie
Old 11-01-2004, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok I already took the saftey valve and the burst disc off. IU want to know if it is ok to reuse the burst disc if it isnt damaged?
Old 11-01-2004, 10:52 PM
Restricted User

If it only a disc and not a pressure relief valve, than no it cannot be reused, once removed the disc is "popped" and will not hold pressure. If its a prv, then yes it can be reused.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah it is a release valve. So it is ok to reuse the burst disc in the relief valve? Has anyone seen a TNT burst disc? The one I got from Dynotune(although it went to a different designed relief valve) looked like a bottle cap without the jagged edges but the one That was with the TNT valve looked sort of like a baby bottle nipple. I thought the only way you could have a burst disc was if you had the relief valve.