Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nx bottle warmer solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 01:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default nx bottle warmer solenoid

hey guys i just finished putting my nitrous kit back on my car and also hooked up a nx bottle warmer. i haven't had the nitrous on my car for about a month now because the cars been at the shop. well anyways when everything was hooked up, i tried the car out and everything went fine. i mean the nitrous was turned on right where i set the window switch at, and the bottle warmer was doing it's job. so after trying it out, i went out to go and play with some cars. also, i remember when i was hooking up the nx bottle warmer that the solenoid for the bottle warmer has this very small hole in it. well the problem is that when i opened the nitrous bottle, n2o started shooting out that little hole from the bottle warmer. dude, i freaked out when i saw that! so i pulled the car over and turned the n2o off. i thought i forgot to tighten the nitrous hose from the bottle, but it was coming from the solenoid. my question is that why do u guys think this happened. i mean, is the solenoid still good? was the wiring from the bottle warmer hooked up right? (its kind of hard to remember what goes where when u don't have the instructions for nx bottle warmer kit) remember that the bottle warmer was heating up the bottle, so i really don't think it could be the wiring. i could be wrong though.
right now i'm just running the n2o hose straight to the bottle, so nothings in the way. if u guys have any ideas or suggestions it would be appreciated.
Old 11-07-2004, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

When you say Noid I think you are talking aout the pressure transducer, it mounts to the front on the bottle fitting using a small manifold. There may be a hole directly on the other side of the trasducer, it is another 1/8th NPT port it needs to be plugged, it should have come with a plug.

Here is a picture of the part I am speaking of
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
transducer.bmp (4.1 KB, 94 views)
Old 11-07-2004, 07:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BTL FED
When you say Noid I think you are talking aout the pressure transducer, it mounts to the front on the bottle fitting using a small manifold. There may be a hole directly on the other side of the trasducer, it is another 1/8th NPT port it needs to be plugged, it should have come with a plug.

Here is a picture of the part I am speaking of
yeah, the transducer. but there's only one little hole on it and the kit didn't come with any sort of plug. if anything a guy asked if i could plug it up using some sort of epoxy. do u think this would be a smart and safe way to do it? if not, what would u recommend? thanks
Old 11-08-2004, 09:12 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

If the transducer little hole is leaking the diaghram in the unit has gone bad. Itmay still be under warranty. Call in and talk to josh for a rga.
Ricky 888-463-2781

pewter-peiter]yeah, the transducer. but there's only one little hole on it and the kit didn't come with any sort of plug. if anything a guy asked if i could plug it up using some sort of epoxy. do u think this would be a smart and safe way to do it? if not, what would u recommend? thanks [/QUOTE]
Old 11-09-2004, 04:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
If the transducer little hole is leaking the diaghram in the unit has gone bad. Itmay still be under warranty. Call in and talk to josh for a rga.
Ricky 888-463-2781

pewter-peiter]yeah, the transducer. but there's only one little hole on it and the kit didn't come with any sort of plug. if anything a guy asked if i could plug it up using some sort of epoxy. do u think this would be a smart and safe way to do it? if not, what would u recommend? thanks
[/QUOTE]
alright just got finished speaking with josh at nitrous express. told me just to send in the old transducer and he'll send me another. thanks for the info guys!