Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fogger Nozzle Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 08:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fogger Nozzle Questions

My main question comes down to the different Fogger nozzles. Whats the difference between a "soft plume", a standard, and a Fogger 2 nozzle. I have my guesses but nothing concrete. Simple questions I know but I cant seem to find good answers. Thanks

Josh
Old 12-30-2004, 08:39 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok i will try I think you are talking about nos nozzles here. The first on soft plume. The nitrous discharges at 90 degrees to the fuel. this is probably nos's best nozzle. The fuel intersects the nitrous discharge at the tip of the nozzle. This nozzle and all nos ones are 1/16 npt. If you installed this nozzle into a piece of tubing straight it would blow or discharge out the end on the tube.
standard nozzle was old faithful before the fogger 2 and soft plume. It has a tube that carries the fuel to the tip but goes though the nos cavity. The tip of the nozzle has a pie cut. both fuel and nitrous slam into the pie cut making the mixure kinda of a 45 degree angle. pretty ugly of pattern I might add.
Fogger two. The nitrous discharges 90 degrees to the part. The fuel discharges like at a 45 degree roughly. Also the fuel tube goes though the nitrous cavity it requires and perfect internal seal or you could nitrous flowing back up into the fuel side causing a lean condition. The fuel comes out of the nozzle about .150-.200 above the nitrous discharge. They mix away from the nozzle. This design can allow the fuel to miss the nitrous lume and not mix properly (or to maximum).

The standard nozzle was first then came the fogger 2, soft plume and there last design was the annullar. Hope this helps.
Ricky

Originally Posted by badburban
My main question comes down to the different Fogger nozzles. Whats the difference between a "soft plume", a standard, and a Fogger 2 nozzle. I have my guesses but nothing concrete. Simple questions I know but I cant seem to find good answers. Thanks

Josh
Old 01-07-2005, 10:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope this is not considered a jacking but. Do you know what some of the others offer. Maybe some pros and cons thanks

Quick Reply: Fogger Nozzle Questions