Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any reason not to use aluminum fittings in a nitrous solenoids?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 03:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any reason not to use aluminum fittings in a nitrous solenoids?

I have a NX nitrous system that I am getting ready to install on my Z28. The fittings that were sent with the kit just barely start in the threaded orifices of the solenoids before they bind up. I have some aluminum fittings of the same type that thread into the pipe threads perfectly so it appears the threads on the fittings that were setn with the kit weren't cut deep enough. Is there any reason I can't use the aluminum fittings that I have. I can't think of any reason aluminum would be a probelm but I wanted to be sure. Thanks

Steve
Old 01-15-2005, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve88
I have a NX nitrous system that I am getting ready to install on my Z28. The fittings that were sent with the kit just barely start in the threaded orifices of the solenoids before they bind up. I have some aluminum fittings of the same type that thread into the pipe threads perfectly so it appears the threads on the fittings that were setn with the kit weren't cut deep enough. Is there any reason I can't use the aluminum fittings that I have. I can't think of any reason aluminum would be a probelm but I wanted to be sure. Thanks

Steve

Aluminum will work fine..
Old 01-15-2005, 04:46 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have used alluminum fittings multiple times.