Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which is safer 100 Shot Wet or Dry

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 07:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah they do come in many different setups. My opinion though still stands. I like the TNT wet kits. I like the foggers and ring design and that it has two foggers instead of just one like most other kits have. I have also found it to be pretty easy to install. Not a big fan of the smaller bottles though, but i think they all come that small on a basic kit. Also not a big fan of the down tube, but atleast here in sacramento raceway its a must to have during the inspection.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

i say dry for a small shot like that.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by white2001s10
It was pathetic so he needs those excuses.
He exaggerates the 200 shot up to 250 shot sarcastically because some other people told him the orifice size of the nozzle was big enough to equal a 250 shot jet. So someone else actually started that.
He was only actually getting a 200hp gain, and it was far on the rich side still, even with 1000 psi bottle pressure.

Even a jet size doesn't automatically equal a certain N2O flow rate, or HP gain. A lot of factors can affect the flow rate. Some systems have more restrictions than others.
Ahh don't bother splain'in to him... he's in lost puppy mode after he got made to look like an idiot. I figure I have a couple more days of him following me around the internet like some pissed off one night stand before the ADD kicks in again and he forgets.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:03 PM
Launching!

Made to look like an idiot?? Explain that to me. Basically you got called out by all of the more knowledgable members on this site and they called you hacks in the nicest possible way. Not to mention they said you have done NOTHING to brag about with your times. You know, pretty much everything I've been saying already. Have a nice day.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:30 PM
11 Second Club

Im running a 125 right now, all installed by me and homeslice, spraying threw the MAF, Ill post some AFR here in the near future.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out links in my web page for some insight on the dry vs wet thing. Imo, dry is safer and has the same power output if tuned the same (jets-a/f). If your getting close to thinking about upsizing your injectors then dry might be a good choice if you want to do a big shot dry later. I haven't had any problems dry with stock injectors on two vettes, but am at my limit for how I spray into box and that is why i'm going dry/wet dual stage. Remember, knowledge is power, and then you can make your choice based on said knowledge. Wet or dry go for it, your Z06 will be a beast.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

for sure wet,only way to go and makes more power.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by white2001s10
yep,
That's correct if it was descreened.
Bottle size and pressure during those dyno runs could also be a factor.
It is also possible that the engine ran richer from the dry shot than it did from the wet shot... that would explain the difference in power.

A dry system with a .47 N2O jet using a 20 lb bottle at 1000 psi
will make a huge amount of power over a
wet system with a .47 N2O jet using only a 10 lb bottle and 1000 psi.

Reverse the situation with a direct port fogger using a 20 lb
vs the dry system using the 10 lb bottle, and things are much different.

There are many factors that can change the results... not to mention the fact that "kits" come in so many different forms as you said.
How much of a factor is bottle size???
Old 02-22-2005, 12:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Robert56
Check out links in my web page for some insight on the dry vs wet thing. Imo, dry is safer and has the same power output if tuned the same (jets-a/f). If your getting close to thinking about upsizing your injectors then dry might be a good choice if you want to do a big shot dry later. I haven't had any problems dry with stock injectors on two vettes, but am at my limit for how I spray into box and that is why i'm going dry/wet dual stage. Remember, knowledge is power, and then you can make your choice based on said knowledge. Wet or dry go for it, your Z06 will be a beast.

I agree with this guy they both are just as safe or not safe as the other...First of all on a dry you have to worry about injector compensation but on the other hand a wet kit u have to hope your fuel noid doesnt go haywire...I personally have a tntf1 kit and love it and although people will argue I have seen dry and wet make the same hp but wet always has more tq for some reason...My window switch is setup for 3k rpms and I also have 30lb inj and a walbro 255lph but I only have the 30lbers because stock ones had a lot of miles and my motor is a 383 so it needs em...

TO THE GUY RUNNING A 250 SHOT on STOCk injectors and pump YOU ARE A DUMBASS I dont care if its working or not you're still horribly stupid for doing it... Also if you do the calculation... Lets say on motor you have 350 hp at flywheel then you add 250hp shot so thats 600hp riight? Well in order to have a 80 percent duty cycle which is standard you would have to have a 42lb injector...and with a 38lb injector which Im guessing you have your duty cycle would be at 120 percent THAT is so smart buddy

Thanks have a nice day
Old 02-22-2005, 12:43 AM
TECH Veteran

I was told that with a dry kit at the moment the spray starts all the pistons run lean until the MAF can tell the PCM to tell the injectors to spray more fuel into the cylinders.

Seems logical and over time it would take a toll on the pistons, the wet kit won't do that.

What do you all think of that????? Its just what I was told about dry kits.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:45 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Quickin
I was told that with a dry kit at the moment the spray starts all the pistons run lean until the MAF can tell the PCM to tell the injectors to spray more fuel into the cylinders.

Seems logical and over time it would take a toll on the pistons, the wet kit won't do that.

I would say that there is no worry. You spray a dry setup in front of the MAF... as soon as the MAF senses the increased density it will compensate. We're not talking a matter of seconds here.... near instantaneous. In fact probably by the time the nitrous has reached the cylinders the PCM is cranking up the fuel delivery.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 97M6Formula
I agree with this guy they both are just as safe or not safe as the other...First of all on a dry you have to worry about injector compensation but on the other hand a wet kit u have to hope your fuel noid doesnt go haywire...I personally have a tntf1 kit and love it and although people will argue I have seen dry and wet make the same hp but wet always has more tq for some reason...My window switch is setup for 3k rpms and I also have 30lb inj and a walbro 255lph but I only have the 30lbers because stock ones had a lot of miles and my motor is a 383 so it needs em...

TO THE GUY RUNNING A 250 SHOT on STOCk injectors and pump YOU ARE A DUMBASS I dont care if its working or not you're still horribly stupid for doing it... Also if you do the calculation... Lets say on motor you have 350 hp at flywheel then you add 250hp shot so thats 600hp riight? Well in order to have a 80 percent duty cycle which is standard you would have to have a 42lb injector...and with a 38lb injector which Im guessing you have your duty cycle would be at 120 percent THAT is so smart buddy
Thanks have a nice day
Money says that you've never ran a dry system before, and that you're Ill equipped to be giving advice on such.

I see you had APE build your 383 and that you're enjoying your 30 lbs fuel injectors and your wet "kit". Big congrats on finally breaking into the 12 second club.
You have a nice day too.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

hahah You think the 12s are from the 383 that was just with a cam you idiot...I was trapping 124mph with just a 100shot on my stock lt1 shortblock this is before the 383....I have no numbers on the 383 look in my sig It clearly states no new numbers with new motor and maybe I want everyone to think all I can do is make it into the 12 second club have a nice day god so many ***** on here Im just trying to help the guy out by saying what I have experienced....then stupid *** homeslice writes me a pm saying come down to st louis and race him so homeslice why dont u come out here u can choose to race my lt1 or my friends ls1 either way you will lose u stock injector stock pump idiot...and I do have experience with dry kits thats why its my second stage

this is what he wrote to me...
Well when you finally stop ranting about subjects you obviously know nothing about. Please dive on down here to STL and I'll show you all you need to know for a few hundred dollars. I mean, I am a dumbass right... what could I possibly know
Old 02-22-2005, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm sorry I didn't realize that you had also paid someone for a dry "kit" install as well. Well don't fret so much, your numbers are sure to improve over that.
By the way, you're not supposed to post from a PM. That's what PM's are for.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I installed everything (including my motor myself) what are u talking about ?

This isnt the place to argue why dont you two trolls go over to svtperformance.com and share your supidity with them...
I think I must have done something right to have a cam only LT1 with 100 shot trapping in the mid 120s with stock weight...Im just here to give advice like the other guys... so why dont you and homslice go spray your S10 with a 250 shot on your stock injectors and pump and tell us how it does
Old 02-22-2005, 04:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 97M6Formula
This isnt the place to argue why dont you two trolls go over to svtperformance.com and share your supidity with them...
So why are you doing it... You're the one making the attacks.

Since PM means "Post Me" to you. The offer still stands. Stock injectors are waiting for you Sally. I have a camera waiting, track opens end of this month and bring your wallet. I'm not going to argue with someone who doesn't know what the stock injectors flow. lol
Old 02-22-2005, 04:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Homeslice (tm)
So why are you doing it... You're the one making the attacks.

Since PM means "Post Me" to you. The offer still stands. Stock injectors are waiting for you Sally. I have a camera waiting, track opens end of this month and bring your wallet. I'm not going to argue with someone who doesn't know what the stock injectors flow. lol

Imagine that, these two guys starting more **** Homeslice, you have a vette with a 250 shot that goes 11's. YOU ARE SLOW Leave the people alone. All you two do is try to start ****. You are an asshat
Old 02-22-2005, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok sorry everyone I lied my car is very slow and homeslice has the fastest car around...Also just to finish there is no difference in safeness of either a wet or dry kit... Dry? Hope your injectors and pump dont fail...Wet hope your solenoid and pump dont fail... But once you get past a 250 shot the wets gonna puddle in the intake thats why guys go to DP...
As far as kits the tnt nozzles are proven to atomize nitrous and fuel perfectly as well as there solenoids being very well built

Nice thing about a dry kit is how easy it is to hide it though
Old 02-22-2005, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

i would have to say 100 wet is safer,but alot of people say dry,so its really up in the air
Old 02-22-2005, 05:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Talking

Originally Posted by Quickin

See above for the most informed post of this thread....Both wet and dry kits have flaws. With a wet the fuel noid can and in my experience WILL fail eventually without proper preventive maint. With a dry shot you rely on our flaky MAF sensors. Also you wont see fuel puddling all the way up to a TNT 200 shot.... If you plan on going larger than a 150 you cant beat the NXL system IMHO...