Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX Maximizer Q

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 06:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NX Maximizer Q

I was looking through the instruction manual for the NX Maximizer online at fjoracing.com and it had an ignition retard fuction. My question is how does this work and will it work on an LS1. Thanks
Old 03-07-2005, 06:43 PM
TECH Veteran

will not currently work on an LS1. You MIGHT be able to figure out something to use that signal in conjunction with something like the Ramchargers timing tuner and use the 12 volt out signal from the Maximizer to the TT to trigger the timing retard. Hmmm...that might work well.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:48 PM
On The Tree

That could work..... have to think about it. I just want the best performance N/A and on spray. The only way I can do that now is with a dry shot, but I'm reaching the limits of that. I'm kind of hesitant about using the dry shot to retard timing then spraying a wet/direct port shot on top of that.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Good call to be hesitant. I have done the wet/dry setup. One thing to watch for....is if you use the dry to trigger the timing retard...when you spray the wet after...sometimes it reduces the dry shot so much the timing kicks back over to the NA table you have st. the fix for that is to use a -6 line to ensure you will have sufficient flow the the dry side that it does not drop off when spraying thw wet.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:26 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the heads up. I may try the dry/wet shot combo, but I would have to swap lines out and would probably re-adjust my tables so that it requires less of a dry shot to retard the timing. I Just want to make sure I don't drop down to the N/A table like you said. Do you think there is any way that NX Ricky could get FJO to make the timing retard LS1 applicable? It would be nice to have everything I need in one box. Keeps things simple and reduces the likelyhood of a mishap. What are you doing on your current setup (nitrous tuning wise)? Is it setup solely for spray now? Thanks again!
Old 03-08-2005, 12:33 AM
TECH Veteran

I will be running dual programs for now...although I may do the TT/Maximizer deal. Seems like it would work just fine.

I am sure FJO could build something to do that and even have it all plug and play. I just dont know if they would. As you say...it would be nice!
Old 03-08-2005, 09:34 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

I talked with FJO today here is what I need. I need know how the computers are being retarded. What is the option that is telling the computer to retard X amount of timing. With that information, the maximizer might be able to configure to that mode.

The retard output wire is a switch to ground, either opening or closing to ground.

Ricky
Old 03-08-2005, 09:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Ricky...the only thing that currently works on an LS1 to retard timing is the Ramchargers Timing Tuner. It plugs into the crank position sensor and intercepts the crank signal and then modifies it to adjust timing. So I think FJO would have to make another box and interface that with the Maximizer.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you guys talking about changing the timing value that the pcm selects in the high octane timing table while on the dry hit (in other words changing values on table that n/a doesn't see)?
Old 03-09-2005, 12:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Robert56
Are you guys talking about changing the timing value that the pcm selects in the high octane timing table while on the dry hit (in other words changing values on table that n/a doesn't see)?
Yes, that is how we are changing the timing while on a dry shot. My problem is that I'm spraying the most I feel comfortable with dry. I want to step up to a wet/direct port setup but still need an effective/reliable way to retard timing.