Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW window switch from FJO.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 12:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No no...I believe NX has commisioned FJO Racing Electronics to build these units for NX.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CAT3
Kind of weird that NX would be advertising a competitive product to their own? I guess they have some connections though since the Max uses FJO Wideband huh? Oh well, off to pm land to hit Dave up.....again!
The max is made by FJO for NX..

This sounds like it will be awesome... Cant wait!
Old 03-18-2005, 09:09 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

WOW alot of interests in this part. This is a FJO part that I put my 2 cents on while it was being built. It fills a void in the market place, just purchasing a window switch and a tps switch and you are already close to the base units price.
Now we all know that some times those window switches have to go back in for tweaking to work on certin cars. The best thing I think about this unit, is how you can configure it.
The progressive controls is only 1 parameter, time. So you can tell it what window to work in and then how much time from the start to finish. It gives customers the chance to see and play with progressive nitrous without spending a ton of money. But it does no where near what the maximizer can do for good reasons, (it is a base unit).
Once I get the final inputs in from the test subjects time to ship 7-10days. FJO has some of these units sitting waiting on my go ahead.
things I am checking on, instruction read ok and are understandable, wiring pages up to par, installation time, etc.
One final note a change has already been made that allows the transbrake wire to be configured to do differnt things. Like if you do not have a transbrake it can be configured to control the 2nd stage like a push button, still has to meet the window specs, but allows you to control when it turns on.

Ricky
Old 03-18-2005, 01:12 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm really liking the sounds of this...
Old 03-18-2005, 10:24 PM
TECH Veteran

here are a few pics of the guys at Rev Extreme begining the install of the controller and one noid driver. Everything will be tidy and pretty when done. Its a very small unit and can be put about anywhere.

This is going on an RX 408 LS1 that was built for juice. Its a 10.5 to 1 compression street motor that makes about 500 rwhp. We will be hitting it with a dry shot of about 125-150 first stage followed by the direct port progressive of about 200 or so. This car is a semi-daily driver with AC and stock appearance. But has a 9 inch rear, K member, A arms, E-cutouts, etc, etc. Should be a stout car. The NX controller fit the bill perfectly for what we had planned.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:28 PM
Restricted User

Question on the ProCon part, if I have two stages and set the ProCon to operate the second stage, your saying it only goes off time, is it the time that the window switch is set before it begins ramping the shot? I assume it would meet the WS setting, then begin its time.
Is the time you speak of, a delay then 100% for that stage, or build time ramping up the second stage 0-100%?
Thanks.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:36 PM
TECH Veteran

it seems to me that it will begin ramping when the "on" rpm of the window is set. At that point it will begin ramping from 0% to 100% in the time you set. So the ramp times for this unit used on an M6 would probably be very quick...in the less than 2 second range I would imagine. For an Auto that had a high stall and stayed up in the rpm alot more...it would be more traditional. I imagine a few passes at the track and you would have your ramp times and rpm activation points set up easily. There are lots of ways to configure all this.

I would suggest using the controller and 1 noid driver for an auto car...and just the controller and two stages of juice coming on at say 3000 first stage and 4400-4800 second stage for a manual car. Although even a manual car could benifit from the progressive driver if it was going to see track time...or running from a stop alot.

Last edited by 383LQ4SS; 03-18-2005 at 10:51 PM.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:21 PM
12 Second Truck Club

not to change the subject or anything, but have you heard anything about the progress on FJO's Tri-Stage Controller yet Ricky?
Old 03-19-2005, 09:50 PM
11 Second Club

so basically this is a cheap and simple (key word) to have a progressive shot?

i need traction on the street from a dig
Old 03-19-2005, 10:21 PM
Restricted User

Al, Ricky...I am likely this product more and more. Coupled with a timing tuner and I should be set for those boring weekends when all there is to do is race, race and race.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

or get 2 NX-maximizers for the dual stage... if I ever convert my dp to dual-stage, I'll get a 2nd Maximizer.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:55 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by Magic Chicken
not to change the subject or anything, but have you heard anything about the progress on FJO's Tri-Stage Controller yet Ricky?
I think the Tri stage stuff is done just a lot of $$$$$. 3 drivers, and 3 times the ramp windows to play with per gear. FJO sales that unit directly was not cost effective for us.
Ricky
Old 03-23-2005, 08:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

This product looks awesome... especially if it can be used to basically lock out the Wet side from spraying in 1st on a dual stage setup.

Put me in line for one with the progressive controller!