Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Okay to run two solenoids for dry shot?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 08:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Okay to run two solenoids for dry shot?

I have been following this forum for a while and still tossing the whole N20 thing around. Thought I would go wet and have decided I will just go dry because I will never use more than a 100 shot. I think it was Robert56 that mentioned he had two solenoids on his dry system for safety. So, looking at a dry system here is what I want to do:

nitrous system with two solenoids
MSD window digital switch
TPS switch
FPSS switch
Bottle Opener

From my understanding, bottle pressure is not as important for a dry system, right?

Have I covered the bases? Is adding a 2nd solenoid as easy as wiring them together? I know these topics are covered here and there but haven't seen the 2nd solenoid covered. Doesn't that up my chances of not having a solenoid be the reason my engine gets . Thanks,

Jim K.

Last edited by Corpsvette; 03-23-2005 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Typing error
Old 03-23-2005, 08:23 PM
TECH Junkie

the second solenoid is incase the first one gets stuck open. they are wired together, so it doesn't really complicate things. bottle pressure is still important with a dry, but not as important as a wet due to safety things with wet. NOS has 2 solenoids on its dry kits for us. u need to give dave at nitrous outlet a call. hes a sponsor -->. he might chime in here, but if u call him hell hook you up
Old 03-23-2005, 11:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good bottle pressure is important for power, but with dry you can start hitting the n2o before pressure is up or wherever it is (no blanket) because maf allows a varable a/f ratio. A wet kit has a jet set to an a/f ratio at a certain bottle press and no way to vary a/f when bottle is cold or low. Redunant n2o noids should be considered on all kits wet/dry for the added safety. The chances of two noids failing at the same time is about 0. The NOS 5177 comes with two n2o noids and this is one of many reasons it's known as a safe kit. Some will say their kit doesn't need redundant noids because they are of quality (NOS is ok also). I say quality yes, but that doesn't stop crap from getting in and causing failure. Good filters are in order.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:21 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Jim, we have all those parts plus a kit for your vette thats dry!
Go to WWW.DynoTuneNitrous.com PM us if you need more info.
Cheers
Dan
Old 03-25-2005, 08:58 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes you can run two solenoids.However if you buy top a quality solenoid there is no reason for it.Unless you are just looking for that warm feeling of insurance.
If you need any tech questions answered feel free to shoot me a pm.
Dave