Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TNT dyno challenge

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 10:04 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by David@TNT
Wow, guess that contradicts comments like this..

"bla bla bla, this is old and proves nothing. Same jetting, I say its 100 and it makes 100, you say your jetting is 100 and makes the 100 or at least almost makes the 100 depending on the car proves nothing."

Anyways thats alot of power from a 42n x 25f jetting @900psi..
Now see David here we are again, contradicts nothing it was the 150 setting. Again putting my words in the wrong context. You should be ashame of yourself giving that custom more HP then he thought he was putting in the car. shame shame

I tell you what, you do the leg work, present me a documented layout, on the testing steps, whos is going to it, when it will happen. You know a complete layout for this test. Send it over to me, I will look it over.

Layout guide lines comparing kit:
Packaging
instruction
completeness of kit(s)
install time
install complication not mentioned in instruction
jettings in the system
tuning tips
final look
dyno results hp and torque curves
track times before and after
Nitrous used during the dynoing

Then after that we we put your jets here my jet there.
Still interested.

Oh yea your challenge you fork the bill, sounds fare to me.
Ricky
Old 06-02-2005, 10:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
After readying through the posts I noticed a couple of members, made great power with a TNT kit., But also notice they were suppose to make less for the advertised jetting. Why, I have dyno our kits on stock car, mod cars, and the 150 does move around about 5 hp one way or the other but damm that was some huge jumps. I would be scared to run that jetting. Lets say you cars system can handle " O idonot know" 150hp. you put the jets in and BAMMMMM you get 225 now that is 75hp more then you calcucalted for. Hey does anyone have a droplet measuring tool lay around the house. That is the only way to tell who atomizes better.
David I look at your website were in the instruction does it say your kits are at 900 psi? Help me here I must have missed it.

Now for the testing. I personel can not see how this is going to be pulled off. Lets say you have 5 companies system, that is 5 installs, 5bottle to fill with nitrous, and lets say 4 pulls per car. I see this costing someone about 2K+ in nitrous,labor, and dyno time. Not to mention the kits. You have to compare the kits, meaning the complete kit, even down to the wiring.
Still interested.
Ricky

But didnt you say "or at least almost makes the 100 depending on the car" now you say that we make way more than rated? So which is it Ricky? So all of the sudden you are now concerned about the pressure diff?? I think that all companies involved can contribute since they can then prove there points that they claim daily.. Right now its TNT vs ?? Then we work out the details..
Old 06-02-2005, 10:51 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Each company involved should have to provide their own kits and the manpower to install them. We just need to find a test vehicle and dyno.

Good luck getting any companies involved other than NX, TNT, and maybe CFN, all the rest of the companies aren't in Texas (as far as I know).
Old 06-02-2005, 10:54 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

IMO this is total BS
It'll never happen boys,move on...
Old 06-02-2005, 11:21 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

But didnt you say "or at least almost makes the 100 depending on the car" now you say that we make way more than rated? So which is it Ricky? So all of the sudden you are now concerned about the pressure diff?? I think that all companies involved can contribute since they can then prove there points that they claim daily.. Right now its TNT vs ?? Then we work out the details..
You notice that too, meaning the jetting is not consistent.
You want to challenge then fork the bill thats all.
So David when ever your proposal is ready, I will look at it. Until then this is hot air, water under the bridge, he said she said, moments in time, or any other phrase you want to use.

Ricky
Old 06-02-2005, 11:30 AM
12 Second Truck Club

It could just be me (usually is) but from how I'm reading this thread, Dave@TNT seems a bit hostile towards Ricky and Ricky has kept his cool.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

You notice that too, meaning the jetting is not consistent.
You want to challenge then fork the bill thats all.
So David when ever your proposal is ready, I will look at it. Until then this is hot air, water under the bridge, he said she said, moments in time, or any other phrase you want to use.

Ricky
We know exactly where our jetting stands Ricky, its just you just seem to say one thing but also say the other.. So if I am 2 show ya up I have to know where you stand there guy.. As far as the testing we have done our own independent testing so if we set the ground rules then I would think that would be bias and unfair.. Silly me thought we could come to some mutual test agreements but it involves commitment, ya know since you seem to talk about our systems but havent even done testing with them.. We know exactly how our competition stands so we are ready to back up our claims.. I also never claimed to make a comparison based on hp numbers, but I will gladly compare tq numbers all day long with not only you but anyone else in the industry.. Also if you offer the most complete kit on the market as you say you do, why dont you offer a blow down tube and blow off cap standard in every kit you offer like we do?? Is the customers saftey not worth that few extra bucks..
Old 06-02-2005, 11:42 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree your hostile...
Move on bro it AINT gonna happen,both companies make nice stuff

FWIW I ran NOS products (2 stage DRY) conrolled by DFI
Old 06-02-2005, 11:43 AM
12 Second Truck Club

I dont know about that, maybe you should reread the TNT vx NX thread that is about 4 pages back, it wasent ended on me calling somone stupid.. But it is nice to meet all the NX supporters on the board, so Hi how are you doing today
Yes, I am an NX supporter, but that has nothing to do with what I just said. It has to do with what I've observed in this thread, I haven't read the other thread. Even though I'm an NX supporter, I have recommended TNT products. It is common knowledge that NX and TNT are better than the other guys and I've recommended them both as such.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Magic Chicken
It could just be me (usually is) but from how I'm reading this thread, Dave@TNT seems a bit hostile towards Ricky and Ricky has kept his cool.
My take on this is, not so. It's passion talking, nothing personal.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

I agree, this is getting very similar to the last guy who ranted and raved about having the best nitrous kits on the market.
I dont think this is constructive citicizm anymore.
My vote is stop yapping about it and do it on your own dime or drop it.
And for the record I run NX stuff in my car, but I like the TNT sytems too. Both companies are good reputable companies imho.

Old 06-02-2005, 11:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yes, I am an NX supporter, but that has nothing to do with what I just said. It has to do with what I've observed in this thread, I haven't read the other thread. Even though I'm an NX supporter, I have recommended TNT products. It is common knowledge that NX and TNT are better than the other guys and I've recommended them both as such.

Well sorry about that man, I thought about that after I posted it and deleted it cause it was silly.. I also apoligize if im coming off as argumentative I really dont mean to be that way, cause NX is the only company we reccomend to somone we cant help or appease.. I didnt start this thread to go against just NX, I wanted to give a chance to the other companies out there to prove there designs as well, it just ended up in a 2 company debate..
Old 06-02-2005, 11:56 AM
12 Second Truck Club

I understand. Unfortunately, you are the only 2 nitrous companies on the board. I think Zex is only a sponsor because their parent company is a sponsor. CFN doesn't come around here anymore.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Now for the testing. I personel can not see how this is going to be pulled off. Lets say you have 5 companies system, that is 5 installs, 5bottle to fill with nitrous, and lets say 4 pulls per car. I see this costing someone about 2K+ in nitrous,labor, and dyno time. Not to mention the kits. You have to compare the kits, meaning the complete kit, even down to the wiring.
Still interested.
Ricky
I would give the nitrous, the dyno time, and pitch in on the labor, since I think each company would want their person to do the install. Each company could donated the kit used to me to help with my costs Not sure if it is worth a trip to Calif for you guys though, since you both are in TX.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

IMO I think a test of everyones kit would be great. Yeah there are differences in NX and TNT and etc... but who cares. I would like to see what kind of power each kit makes. I really dont think and buisness will really be gained or lost with the results. I wish a magazine would do this under the supervision of a rep from each company on the same car with say 2 kits from each company. I really dont care if one makes 5 or 10 more hp than the other I just want to see real world numbers on each kit. Some people are gonna buy the one that makes the most power but most people are going to buy the ones that looks better or is easier to intsall or maintain, or buy from the sompany with the best reputaion or cust service.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ataylors
I would give the nitrous, the dyno time, and pitch in on the labor, since I think each company would want their person to do the install. Each company could donated the kit used to me to help with my costs Not sure if it is worth a trip to Calif for you guys though, since you both are in TX.

Hey man thats not a bad idea at all, we havent been to Cali in a while.. Where exactly are u located?? Just outta sheer curiousity..
Old 06-02-2005, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think if it goes down some 3rd party should attempt to install the kits with ONLY the supplied instructions. That way you can get an ease of install question anwsered.

Then NX/TNT/ whoever can come and make sure it is set up correctly prior to testing.

My guess, it aint gonna happen and if it does the things are going to be very similar. A 3/16" line can only flow so much nitrous or fuel. The only real difference is the nozzle designs and I bet both companies have spent plenty of $$ to make sure theirs aint crap.

I do have to say though the guy getting 225+hp out of a 150 jet scares the **** out of me. If it says 150 it should be 150. If that means to get 150 NX uses 42f/12n and TNT uses 42f/15n or vice versa then so be itmaking the same HP with a smaller jet and same A/F means more efficient but that is going to be damn near impossible to test.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey man thats not a bad idea at all, we havent been to Cali in a while.. Where exactly are u located?? Just outta sheer curiousity..
We are in the east San Francisco Bay Area.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by DOC OTIS
Im well aware its not free hp, thats what the advertised 150 pills made with my combo, thats all

I hear you. I know you tested yours and got XXX hp and thats what you run. What I am worried about...and the reason I pointed that out...is the kid on the street who buys a kit and puts in a 150 shot using a stock pump thinking hes getting approx 150 hp. He never dyno tests it. But in reality he gets an additional 85 hp over what the kit was rated for. Thats substantial and can put someone in harms way.

Granted..I think anyone who sprays over a simple 100 shot should be on the dyno with an AF reading.....but many dont or cant.

As far as the testing. I would like to see it. I think since TNT issued the challenge that they should take the bull by its horns and set something in motion. Here is my suggestion:
1) contact any nitrous companies you would like to enter the challenge, or make a post inviting them.
2)Via PMs or EMAILS, hash out the parameters to be tested with these companies. If you try to hash it out in an open forum nothing will be agreed on.
3)determine WHO will do the testing, obviously some independant shop with a dyno and wideband and some equipment
4) have the independant shop post up results...good, bad, or ugly

Thats about the only way I can see anything constructive happening.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:34 PM
dug
Banned

Maybe some kits allow more hp to be added without harming the motor than others.