Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TNT dyno challenge

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 04:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
I hear you. I know you tested yours and got XXX hp and thats what you run. What I am worried about...and the reason I pointed that out...is the kid on the street who buys a kit and puts in a 150 shot using a stock pump thinking hes getting approx 150 hp. He never dyno tests it. But in reality he gets an additional 85 hp over what the kit was rated for. Thats substantial and can put someone in harms way.

Granted..I think anyone who sprays over a simple 100 shot should be on the dyno with an AF reading.....but many dont or cant.

As far as the testing. I would like to see it. I think since TNT issued the challenge that they should take the bull by its horns and set something in motion. Here is my suggestion:
1) contact any nitrous companies you would like to enter the challenge, or make a post inviting them.
2)Via PMs or EMAILS, hash out the parameters to be tested with these companies. If you try to hash it out in an open forum nothing will be agreed on.
3)determine WHO will do the testing, obviously some independant shop with a dyno and wideband and some equipment
4) have the independant shop post up results...good, bad, or ugly

Thats about the only way I can see anything constructive happening.

This thread was to get the publics oppinion on the topic 2 see if people would even care, other than that before I waste my time writing up papers I needed to know whether the other manuf are more than merely "interested".. We have already approached a few magazine's and tv producers so were ahead of ya.. Now 4 the ground rules this is what we had in mind.. Since we cant take in account what an individual is going to do to his car we figure that we will just use a bone stock car, right down to the paper air filter with the exception of some holes in the stock manifolds for some real time egt's.. Then we will just order the kits from someone that has them in stock so they cant be "modified" from the factory, then use the same bottle, line and even the same solenoids so that there is no "magic" and put the products "design" and ablility to deliver the nitrous/fuel, to the test.. Theres alot more but so far thats what we had in mind, till we get the built motor on the dyno.. I say heads up with a built motor, so our F2 vs our competion to the 350hp mark.. We will see how everyones a/f and distribution is on the real time egts.. Ohh and I am dieing to see where this extra 85hp comes from other than someones comments, its not rocket science here guys.. Just my .02
Old 06-02-2005, 04:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dug
Maybe some kits allow more hp to be added without harming the motor than others.

I dont know if I would go there, but when you rate a kit @900psi and you have the pressure @1100 it will definately make more power than it was rated 4..
Old 06-02-2005, 05:16 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

This thread was to get the publics oppinion on the topic 2 see if people would even care, other than that before I waste my time writing up papers I needed to know whether the other manuf are more than merely "interested"..
Still interested meaning do the leg work geeeess.
We have already approached a few magazine's and tv producers so were ahead of ya.. Now 4 the ground rules this is what we had in mind..
Likely hood of a magazine showing any product in a bad light not likely.
Since we cant take in account what an individual is going to do to his car we figure that we will just use a bone stock car, right down to the paper air filter with the exception of some holes in the stock manifolds for some real time egt's..
Y
Then we will just order the kits from someone that has them in stock so they cant be "modified" from the factory, then use the same bottle, line and even the same solenoids so that there is no "magic" and put the products "design" and ablility to deliver the nitrous/fuel, to the test..
You will order I find that interesting, maybe going to modify something. And personelly compare kits, is comparing kits, why in the world would I want your kit gain the benefit of my solenoids.
Theres alot more but so far thats what we had in mind, till we get the built motor on the dyno.. I say heads up with a built motor, so our F2 vs our competion to the 350hp mark..
Shouldn't a stock engine get close to the 350 mark without nitrous.???
We will see how everyones a/f and distribution is on the real time egts..
8 egts going to cost some money.But this did answer my "Y" from above
Ohh and I am dieing to see where this extra 85hp comes from other than someones comments, its not rocket science here guys.. Just my .02

So now you really got me confused kinda easy these day. .lol
What are you testing or compairing, kits, nozzle, noids, bottles. If its kits, thats cool anything else is just a joke. See you take any piece away from a puzzle and the puzzle is not complete and will not look right. I know I know you buy peter paul noids yeppppy. But they are not mine, and since one will out flow another not a fair test to show the difference between kits. So here we are again,somewhere, overthere, next to here, in the middle of nowhere.

I see the light at the end of the tunnel, and its a train!!!
Ricky
Old 06-03-2005, 09:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well fella's??