Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

solenoid style bottle opener leaks?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 11:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default solenoid style bottle opener leaks?

I know this bottle opener stuff has been beat to death already. I am just intrested in going the cheeeep way at the moment. I was wondering if someone that has used or currently uses one can tell me if they experience any leaking? I was thinking of making it so the noid is always open when the system is armed, and just leaving the bottle open all the time. Will it leak? Am I going to waste a gang of nitrous that way?

Anyone have any real world experience?
Old 07-12-2005, 12:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go with the Dyno Tune opener for a noid type. It has a small inner plunger that opens first to stabalize pressure then the full size plunger opens. This keeps wear/tear down on main plunger so it's less likely to leak. Not sure if the Mech openers can be set-up for auto on/off, but that may be an option as well. I have left the Mech bottle valve open for 6-months and used only my noid (auto on/off) with no leaking. I was using a industrial noid at that time. Also, the Dyno Tune is a low amp draw noid, so is better suited for the auto on/off thing compared to some that get hot if left on for long periods.
Robert