Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions Placement Nozzle(s) NX Wet Kit(Pics inside)

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
2001 Red coupe bandit.
If you need a TNT power ring I have one left in stock.
Dave
Dave, Gary here (The Bandit). I sent you a PM asking for a price and a few questions.

Thanks

GT
Old 07-19-2005, 07:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Bandit and Xtrooper, As I said in my first post you can't go wrong any way you choose. Both of you will be very happy. Just take your time on the install if doing it yourself, it will be worth the extra effort.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:47 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Airwolf
Bandit and Xtrooper, As I said in my first post you can't go wrong any way you choose. Both of you will be very happy. Just take your time on the install if doing it yourself, it will be worth the extra effort.
Thanks, Mike!

A machinist friend of mine and I are going to do the install. We're going to take our time and do it right.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Machinist friends are the best friends to have , especially ones that work for free
Old 07-20-2005, 02:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2001 Red Coupe Bandit
Machinist friends are the best friends to have , especially ones that work for free
I agree!

However, although he would do it for free, I'm going to pay him for his time. Not much for it, but something.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:10 AM
Staging Lane

Red face

I have seen three cars they did in person (ls1, lt1, old mopar), botched jobs on all three. All three customers very very unhappy, one or two considering litigation. If I wanted to bash, believe me, I would bash. I will say this...I have been street racing in Ft. Wayne since 1990 and have never seen a DTE car on the streets or at the tracks around here. I have never even heard of someone that had substantial work done at DTE that had a fast car (just some people with negative experiences). Just offering my experience on the plate system they offered, and like Nitro Dave said it has some faults with being too close to the TB.

SDB, Scott or whatever you want to be called~ That is exactly why we stated that there are *ALWAYS* two sides to every story...period. You would be VERY surprised and enlightened to hear just how much B.S. is in their claims if you heard the other side of these stories- yet you choose to continually base your narrow-minded judgements on this company from just your "buddies" erroneous claims without hearing our side of the events. (You know *EXACTLY* who we are talking about and the type of people/personalities involved.....)

We are a very successful company that is continually growing and we provide exceptional work/service/products, but in any business, there are *ALWAYS* some customers that just cannot be pleased even if the work one did was FREE and you gave them the keys to the building; therefore it would have been best not to even have met them in the first place.

As we also stated previously, you're welcome to come here to hear the *REAL* truth about the other side of the story and if you're going to continually bash this company based on only hearing your "buddies" one-sided story, you at least owe it to us to hear our side before you continue. Than, if you still feel the same way, you have our blessing to bash-away!

We suspect that you still will refuse stop by to hear our side, but rather choose to continue your unjustified bashing ways so your "buddies" don't take offense to you coming here. We expect that type of behavior from folks in this city and this instance further solidifies that belief...... Everyone's an expert around here no matter what the field or there level of experience in that field....

Finally, we didn't build this business to cater to the local community in the first place and 94% of our business comes from out of State, via the Corvette~ all across the USA. We suppose your simplistic belief that just because your relatively small "street racing" crowd does not have many DTE cars in it than we *MUST* be a bad shop..... There is a bigger world out there than that Scott and it's this very type of narrow-minded, nieve line of thinking is what re-assures us that we don't wish to have the kind of business that your "type" of street racing group would bring~ which we don't condone anyway.

As we previously stated twice now, stop by and hear the truth, we're always here.... We suspect you will not and you'll continually bash this company due to simple convienance, plus it's a lot easier for someone to be a "keyboard warrior" than to hear the *REAL* truth in a face-to-face meeting. Based on your post history on this and other boards, you'll more than likely choose to argue back and forth here via extended posting/typing until your blue in the face, rather than taking the very little time to come here instead.... Some folks have more time than others and we *really* just don't care in the least or have the time to argue either way about topics that are menial in nature and so completely distant from the truth.

You have your invitation, so we'll see if our predictions of your common behavior are accurate......
Old 07-22-2005, 09:20 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about this Phil....
I will race any car you have done at your shop....for money. You name the amount and I am pretty sure I can handle it. We can race at hwy. 30 or at Muncie your choice.

I know all three people, one of them is the person who originally got you your loan to start your business, and sold you a Corvette. The Corvette was in danger of being repossessed a couple of times years back when you were paying on it (or not paying on it as the case was). I have seen the shoddy work on the Mopar and the Trans Am in detail...the wiring was absolutely ridiculous. I don't want to waste my time stopping by your shop, as you ahve nothing to offer me. Your charges are ridiculous for what was done to the Mopar and the Trans Am.

All that would happen in a face to face is you getting mad and me laughing at a bunch of slow cars! Your come off so aggressive in your emails....I will see if one of the people I am referrnig to will post his email conversations with you...I read them and they are hillarious. He was so enthralled with your work, that he scrapped his entire motor you worked on, the nitrous kit your put on, and bought a TSP built 408 with AFR heads and is having it tuned at EPP.

I think the fact that NO FAST CARS in the city of Ft. Wayne come from your shop speaks for itself. Your are able to market to out of towners with a fancy website and by posting a lot on COrvetteforum.

So, Phil, are you going to bring out some bad *** DTE car to race my Camaro (or hell, even my GTO for that matter) or just insinuate that I am too afraid to come out and meet you face to face?

SDB
Old 07-22-2005, 11:22 AM
Staging Lane

Nice try..

That's what we thought.. Very predictable indeed...
Old 07-22-2005, 01:43 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

SO, does that mean your going to call up one of your many DTE local customers to race me? Or maybe, you have a shop car that is bad ***? You sure do talk alot Phil...

SDB
Old 07-22-2005, 03:21 PM
Staging Lane

Old 07-22-2005, 06:33 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Wow...some smileys and no talk about taking me up on my offer to race my Camaro or GTO....interesting. A nonsponsor shop defending their bsiness, and too afraid to race an individual street car in his home town. Keep on posting the smiley faces......everyone will probably go to you and spend lots of money with your flourishing company. Did Bryce's old black Corvette ever get paid off or did you let it go back to repossession? Hows that loan coming from Hicksville?

Moron.

SDb
Old 07-22-2005, 07:23 PM
Staging Lane

This is *really* entertaining..... It's nice to know where your buttons are..... You're easier then we thought......LOL!
Old 07-25-2005, 07:45 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

So, you don't want to race my cars...hmmm...who would have thought. On a positive note, you can pick really cool smileys to put in your post. I don't have too many buttons, just people trying to rip off other people.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:24 AM
Staging Lane

It's been *very* entertaining to watch you argue with yourself for the last few posts and all of us here at the shop has had a good chuckle from it. We especially like the part where you stoop to an even lower level by calling us names like a child, which certainly defines your personality of who you really are. We'll not stoop to your level however....

It's also very interesting and amusing to see how you *really* need to prove something to yourself by "racing" us, or anyone else for that matter, to validate the "legend in your own mind" status you have of yourself. That's fine, we've seen your type before and it's your perogative, but it's *definately* funny to watch none-the-less. Additionally, this may be of a surprise to you, but we *REALLY* just don't care about any of your car's or how fast they are or whatever....we really don't. To us, it's just another car, but to you obviously, it's a shrine. To each his own, but we just don't give a darn in the slightest......

We certainly have nothing to prove to you or anyone else and we're fine with that. We don't need to "self-validate" ourselves to know who we are and are quite comfortable with ourselves to not need to impress someone at the track and especially not on the street.

Everyone here has street-raced at sometime or another way-back in high school when we were all young and foolish to know better, but now that we are adults and are responsible, tax-paying citizens, we do *NOT* do that sort of non-sense anymore because we know the dangers of possibly killing ourselves, or worse~ someone else. We know how bad/helpless we would feel if one of our loved one's was killed by a street-racer that *thought* they knew what they were doing, because once again, "everyone is an expert at everything". How would you feel if one of your children, wife or any other loved one was killed or maimed by a street-racer????? We hope you realize the consequences of your actions by street-racing and that you would stop that foolishness.... Unfortunately, judging by your past attitude, you probably won't change a thing.......

Your arguments with yourself have become very boring to watch now and we're moving on to better, more productive things to do with our time. I'm sure you'll want to get the last word in here because that's your combative, insecure nature, so by all means, we'll grant you that desire~ post away.

Know this~ we'll not respond to you any longer as I'm sure everyone is tired of reading this junk anyway, but we will stop back in from time to time just to see what arguments you had with yourself, as it gives us around here a *great* comic relief. Have a super life and please do the right thing by taking our advice (or any other respectable citizen's advice for that matter) by not street-racing anymore. Not so much for your sake, but for the safety of others. If you even care.....

Good luck......

Last edited by Dynotech Engineering; 07-25-2005 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:27 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

So I guess your shop is backing down...what a surprise. I never would have guessed....

Hey everybody, I called out a nonsupporting sponsor to bring his fastest car out to race me at the track or on the street, and he declined. After he was being aggressive in his postings. If I did that to any of our supporting vendors, I would have to bring my car to the track this weekend (and up the nitrous a while bunch)!!

Hey Phildo, go back to corvetteforum.com and post all the great products you have other people make for you....I am sure you will do great!

those of us in the NE Indiana area know the reputation of your shop, which is why almost no one locally goes to you. ALso, how many repeat customers do you have?

(last post)

SDB
Old 07-25-2005, 02:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Dynotech Engineering

It's been *very* entertaining to watch you argue with yourself for the last few posts and all of us here at the shop has had a good chuckle from it. We especially like the part where you stoop to an even lower level by calling us names like a child, which certainly defines your personality of who you really are. We'll not stoop to your level however....

It's also very interesting and amusing to see how you *really* need to prove something to yourself by "racing" us, or anyone else for that matter, to validate the "legend in your own mind" status you have of yourself. That's fine, we've seen your type before and it's your perogative, but it's *definately* funny to watch none-the-less. Additionally, this may be of a surprise to you, but we *REALLY* just don't care about any of your car's or how fast they are or whatever....we really don't. To us, it's just another car, but to you obviously, it's a shrine. To each his own, but we just don't give a darn in the slightest......

We certainly have nothing to prove to you or anyone else and we're fine with that. We don't need to "self-validate" ourselves to know who we are and are quite comfortable with ourselves to not need to impress someone at the track and especially not on the street.

Everyone here has street-raced at sometime or another way-back in high school when we were all young and foolish to know better, but now that we are adults and are responsible, tax-paying citizens, we do *NOT* do that sort of non-sense anymore because we know the dangers of possibly killing ourselves, or worse~ someone else. We know how bad/helpless we would feel if one of our loved one's was killed by a street-racer that *thought* they knew what they were doing, because once again, "everyone is an expert at everything". How would you feel if one of your children, wife or any other loved one was killed or maimed by a street-racer????? We hope you realize the consequences of your actions by street-racing and that you would stop that foolishness.... Unfortunately, judging by your past attitude, you probably won't change a thing.......

Your arguments with yourself have become very boring to watch now and we're moving on to better, more productive things to do with our time. I'm sure you'll want to get the last word in here because that's your combative, insecure nature, so by all means, we'll grant you that desire~ post away.

Know this~ we'll not respond to you any longer as I'm sure everyone is tired of reading this junk anyway, but we will stop back in from time to time just to see what arguments you had with yourself, as it gives us around here a *great* comic relief. Have a super life and please do the right thing by taking our advice (or any other respectable citizen's advice for that matter) by not street-racing anymore. Not so much for your sake, but for the safety of others. If you even care.....

Good luck......
I guess that tells we to stay with EPP, you pretty much are saying to hell with the people in the very town your shop is in. Dont care about this dont care about that not someone i would want working on my car.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ws6sojuiced01
I guess that tells we to stay with EPP, you pretty much are saying to hell with the people in the very town your shop is in. Dont care about this dont care about that not someone i would want working on my car.
I was trying to stay out of this, but you need to head over to corvetteforum.com and you will see how DTE is held in high regard.
Lets put this another way, we will weigh your opinions, based on your successfull company, and compare it to DTE's success. Oh, you aren't that successfull, well maybe your opinions fall a little short also.
Nothing personal,
Robert
Old 07-25-2005, 03:19 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Well Robert56, I am successful in my own company, a psychologcal assessment office. If I chose to open a performance automotive shop it would be successful as well. I know first hand from 3 people that have had terrible work done at DTE and have read the insane emails Phil has sent to one of them and heard the excuses from their shop. Phil is aggressive in his online persona, and brings that out of others. My opinion is that his shop is full of incompetent idiots and they do horrible work and charge insane prices. I understand that is just my opinion, but it is pretty well followed by many other in my area.

SDB
Old 07-25-2005, 04:01 PM
12 Second Club

All i'm going to say is that what SBD is saying is true and there is a reason why the people in our area do not do business with them. I'm sure almost everyone in our area can tell you some story as to why they have nothing to do with DTE.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Heck, I started this thread and I am staying clear of this one. I just wanted some nitrous info.

Quick Reply: Suggestions Placement Nozzle(s) NX Wet Kit(Pics inside)