Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cam only z06 need N20 advice.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 05:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Elite_Hot_Rod
I disagree with that Jeremy, you'll find that if you launch with the bottle pressure at 950 PSI your passes will be more consistant as the bottle pressure doesn't fluctuate as much going down the track as it will if you launch at 1050.
That is only due to the lower pressure differential ... the thing is that the NX systems are calibrated and flowed at 1050 psi, so that is where they want you to be at. If consistency is that much of a concern with you, then maybe a nitrogen push setup is what you need. I am in the process of setting up a push for my truck along with a dedicated secondary fuel system. If you want to setup the system for 950, then you will have to spend some time on the dyno and do some logging or at least with a WB02 to tune it in correctly. Even with the lower pressure, the pressure is still going to drop throughout the run, and richen the mix.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jaypee1217
Kirk, you saw what my car put down w/ the TNT kit in person
thanks for the great info everyone!

yea i was very impressed your car gained a lil over 200 lbs/ft torq on a 150 shot!

it'll be cool to see what darren's car does its got the cold fusion kit w/ x3 cam making close to the same #'s on motor as you are.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cantdrv65
This is the hobbs switch Im referring to... As noted in the specs it is prone to malfunction with vibration....

http://content.honeywell.com/sensing...reSwitches.asp

As I've said before go with the NX brand switch, AVOID the Nos, Im not the only one who has seen vibration cause the NOS (hobbs) to malfunction...
I did go check and the three Hobbs switches I have came from NOS and I never had a problem. I have seen Hobbs fail after a certain service life. For someone to get on here and bash a couple national companys, HoneyWell/NOS/Hobbs, based on one opinion takes some real ***** or arrogance. Your quote "As noted in the specs it is prone to malfunction with vibration..." is a direct link to your bias towards NOS. Here is what it really states "Extreme heat and vibration should be advoided..." no where does it say it's prone to malfuction. The $15 million boat we are building right now is running dual 16cyl Detroit Diesels, you don't even have a clue to what real vibration is. Each engine has at least half dozen hobbs sw on them, and these are safety items that peoples lives count on. Learn how to set your sw up for the proper psi drop and you won't have an issue with the Hobbs brand. It really is sad that so many guys jump on the copy cat band wagon (NX camp) and call everything else junk. InsomZ, sorry to get on a rant here, use what ever brand pressure sw you like as long as you have one. Does anyone know what/where the N/X sw is/comes from.
Robert
Old 07-21-2005, 07:20 AM
TECH Junkie

The specs clearly state "avoid mounting on top of engine over a hot manifold." Since I have seen them fail with vibration thats my interpretation.... It doesnt take ***** to state an opinion....and my opinion is AVOID the NOS switch...Though Ill admit my choice of wording using "prone" was incorrect, now corrected.

You sound like it takes a rocket scientist to set the pressure trip point. Thats easy especially with an ISO certified pressure calibrator. I also have the means to add a little vibration at whatever frequency desired. Ive seen them fail...end of story.

You obviously have no problem stating your OPINION as well, and there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with it. I just disagree with ya.

BTW Im not on any brand bandwagon, i just prefer a wet kit and the NX brand FPSS.....

To be fair has anyone had a problem with an NX FPSS???

Last edited by cantdrv65; 07-21-2005 at 08:56 AM.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:53 AM
FormerVendor

In all of my time of working here at NX I have only seen one of our FPSS's fail. It was an oddity though, the customer told me that his FPSS blew up on him so I asked for pictures. Sure enough the thing had literally blown up, and from what the customer told me I couldn't find anything wrong with his set up. It was very strange to say the least.

I can't say anything positive or negative about any other brand since I have never used one.

Robert- I agree that people make comments on parts/systems that they have no personal experience with, in which case I usually just dismiss those comments. However I don't think people jump on any brand bandwaggons, they just use what they like.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NXJeremy, what brand psw does NX use.
Robert
Old 07-21-2005, 12:34 PM
Banned

NITROUS EXPRESS WET KIT.. MAF PLATE SYSTEM.

I havent read ANY responses uptop but I figured I would let you know what to do.

1)- NX Maf Plate System
2)- 15 pound NX bottle if you are gonna squeeze 1-2 bottles A MONTH
3)- All safety features should be considered
4)- You can shoot up to 100 shot right now but you are maxed. Your injectors and fuel pump cant take more than 500 rwhp.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:26 PM
FormerVendor

Elite Hot Rod- NX system are designed to operate at 1050psi, and they are designed to run on the rich side at that pressure. So if you run one of our systems at 950psi you might see less drop in pressure, but it is going to run way too rich at the start and even worse by the finish line. Every company is different, I think TNT runs their systems at 900 or 950psi (help me out on that David,lol). Also, as it was already stated, the drop in pressure is going to occur regardless of what pressure you start at. The only way to counter this is to run a push system.

Robert- The answer to the million dollar question is.........The NX FPSS is made by......HOBBS. I wouldv'e mentioned that earlier, but it was fun listening to guys bash the NOS switch and blaming it on Hobbs, haha. We've tried a number of different switches and found their's to be the best by far.

Sorry we all hijacked your thread Kirk. I would recommend going with the MAF system w/ 15lb bottle and one of Nitro Daves stand alone fuel systems for vettes. It is all very high quality parts (Walbro 255 in-tank pump, Aeromotive regulator that will handle EFI & Carb fuel pressure, and all the lines and fittings are Aeroquip). Plus all the safety equipment that you already know to get.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Nice info and jab Jeremy....LOL. BTW I wasnt bashing the brand Hobbs, just the model Hobbs switch NOS chooses to market...

Have to borrow your sig on this one....

All posts made by me are my opinions and mine alone. They should all be taken for what their worth to you.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:35 AM
FormerVendor

Cantdrv65- Haha, it was kinda funny while it lasted. I didn't figure you were bashing the brand, just the particular model that NOS uses. It's the same thing with solenoids, the big majority of the nitrous companies uses the same manufacturer for their solenoids, however, the flow ratings and quality of the solenoids differs quite a bit between each company.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by InsomZ
thanks for the great info everyone!

yea i was very impressed your car gained a lil over 200 lbs/ft torq on a 150 shot!

it'll be cool to see what darren's car does its got the cold fusion kit w/ x3 cam making close to the same #'s on motor as you are.
My dry kit pilled at 200 picked up 395rwtq over motor Its also not your average 5177 kit either and needs a boost referenced regulator to work with.