Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newby in Nitrous, whats the safest setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 04:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Newby in Nitrous, whats the safest setup

i have been contemplating running n2o and i was wanting to know whats the safest kit for running nitrous and what else do i need to make this a completely safe system (the last thing i need is a blown motor) and do you have to get it tuned at a dyno shop or will a handheld tuner work i currently have no tune and the car runs a bit rich- i have heard of the "Halo" system this looks like something i would be interested in any feedback on this system
Old 09-06-2005, 05:10 PM
FormerVendor

Do you want to run a dry or wet shot? Take a look at some of our kits. Make sure you install a set of colder plugs, like a set of NGK TR6s. Also get a window switch and a fuel pressure safety switch.

Matt
Old 09-07-2005, 01:26 PM
Teching In

doesnt matter i just want the safest system possible i cant afford to build a motor right now so safety is my number one concern
Old 09-07-2005, 02:06 PM
FormerVendor

Either a dry or wet kit is safe. I would make a decision based on how much you want to spray. 100 or under maybe a dry. If over a 100 maybe a wet kit. The downside to a dry kit is if you want to go up in HP, you might have to upgrade your injectors at a point. Going with a wet kit the injectors don't come into play, so it could be cheaper in the long run.

Matt

Originally Posted by Odessastangslayer
doesnt matter i just want the safest system possible i cant afford to build a motor right now so safety is my number one concern
Old 09-07-2005, 02:11 PM
On The Tree

by far the most reliable zex wet kit simple pug and play but I would not say best I would say safest maybe
Old 09-07-2005, 02:16 PM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

Your question has been debated more than the Maranda Decision. I suggest that you perform some independent investigation of this topic prior to purchase. Everyone has a different opinion on this issue.
i have been contemplating running n2o and i was wanting to know whats the safest kit for running nitrous and what else do i need to make this a completely safe system (the last thing i need is a blown motor) and do you have to get it tuned at a dyno shop or will a handheld tuner work i currently have no tune and the car runs a bit rich- i have heard of the "Halo" system this looks like something i would be interested in any feedback on this system
Old 09-07-2005, 02:18 PM
Teching In

Im porbably gonna run around a 100 shot maybe is there any extra components that would make it even safer that i can get ontop of the kit i choose
Old 09-07-2005, 02:25 PM
TECH Addict

get a wet kit. youll want to spray more than that one day trust me. just get a good kit like a nitrous express kit. get a bottle,lines,solenoids,nozzle,window switch,fuel pressure switch, bottle warmer, purge. i believe thats all not sure if i missed something. i like that kit that i believe nitrous express has out for the mass air flow i believe it might be the one your talking about
Old 09-07-2005, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

a while back i had done the some thing. investigated wet vs. dry, 100 or 125, yata yata yata. then i discovered that it will wreck my trans. now im back to no nitrous.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:00 PM
Teching In

will this wreck my stock 6 speed tranny i want to be able to delay the nitrous until i get into about 2-3 gear how would i go about doin this, i know if i spray off the line i will trash my rear end as this is stock to i want a system that is good reliable safe and a shot that will not kill my stock stuff
Old 09-07-2005, 04:03 PM
Teching In

and also what about tuning i think i might need a tune with just the stuff i have sometime in the near future the car runs pretty rich all the time so how would i go about tuning this thing if i do run nitrous and what about monitoring air/fuel ratios do i need a good meter for this to
Old 09-07-2005, 04:11 PM
Launching!

Keep in mind that any car with N2O will be risky no matter how safe the kit is said to be, mainly because any given N2O run will have too much variable that can go wrong and blow the motor. As for the question of which kit, I would go with a wet kit from NX or TNT, they cost more but better quality.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Teching In

im just tryin to get yalls oppinion on what yall have had good luck with and anything extra that i can find out to make this setup safer, i am new to nitrous and i have never as much as hooked a system up so your input on wich (in your opinion) is the safest way to run this setup i am looking for longevity not just HP gains and i also dont want to have to wory bout the stock rearend and things you guys have had experience with this, i would like to know what works and what doesnt i dont want to spend that kinda money spray the first time and have the rear end crater on me so how much spray could i do on all stock drive train with suspension mods i like to hear opinions and then take everything into account when searching for a system any input on this is much apreciated
thanks
Old 09-08-2005, 11:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

will this wreck my stock 6 speed tranny i want to be able to delay the nitrous until i get into about 2-3 gear how would i go about doin this, i know if i spray off the line i will trash my rear end as this is stock to i want a system that is good reliable safe and a shot that will not kill my stock stuff
Window switch, also, go with a WOT switch.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:51 AM
Restricted User

How about read this:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140389
Old 10-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Banned

Default agree

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
Either a dry or wet kit is safe. I would make a decision based on how much you want to spray. 100 or under maybe a dry. If over a 100 maybe a wet kit. The downside to a dry kit is if you want to go up in HP, you might have to upgrade your injectors at a point. Going with a wet kit the injectors don't come into play, so it could be cheaper in the long run.

Matt
he said it all!
Old 10-12-2005, 07:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have been running a 150 shot for a while on stock rear/tranny and its fine, not everyone has so much luck. I spray off the line at 3k. There is somethin gout there that will delay till second gear, I just dont remember the name of it or who makes it.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most know my opinion around here. I say based on the facts, dry is safer, simpler, cheaper, less wear/tear on drivline concerning launching. A dry kit will not blow the intake/hood off your car like a wet can and has done. I will use the 5177 as an example: I have been stating for a few years (on a couple sites) that a person would be hard pressed to find someone who hurt their motor running this dry kit, you know what, no one has come forward. The other dry kits are close in the safety, but don't use redundant noids. Go back and read posts from the last month or two and see what kits have had problems that can/or did cause problems (wet vs dry). Only an informed decission on your part can you choose the best kit for your needs. Now if your daddy big bucks, yes, then go with a direct port progressive set-up, and all of the drivetrain upgrades that follow. If you would like clarification on anything I said, just ask, online or pm.
Robert

Quick Reply: Newby in Nitrous, whats the safest setup