Yea I bet you would..lol
Ricky
Old 09-12-2005, 03:07 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL! Good one!

Matt

Originally Posted by CAT3
I will vote to be an independent 3rd party to test both systems, which I would have the advantage over some with a track that is open every weekend year round, except Christmas I also have a laptop and an LM-1 and can log, so send me your Maximizer or Max2 and an Edge and I will be glad to punish them accordingly
Old 09-12-2005, 06:36 PM
TECH Resident

Guys, thanks for the information.

Didn't mean to start a border war

Uncle Marc
Old 09-12-2005, 07:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
hello Rober,
How things going.
The reason we only use FJO widebands with our units is, we can guarentee the accuracy of the units... FJO is the only w/b company I know that specs each sensor.. You can do other testing I guess and get you close but whats the point. We are a nitrous manufactor, so we make units that we know will work with our products... Alot of parts will work just fine with other MFG. stuff, but all the parts are designed to work toether...
I am curious if you can control 3 stages or Program 3 stages. There is a difference.. I did some checking the maximizer 2 can drive a hole bunch of noids sets.. and if you want to program 3 stages go with the tri stage controller.. no biggie..
I will give one point to the other boxes out there... You can push a button and make some changes, but in no way can you have the adjustment that the maximizer 2 has..
Basicly you have to decide do you want box that you can load your grocery list and go shopping or one that can launch the space shuttle...
It all comes down to
do you want a calculator or a computer.?
Ricky
I don't disagree at all. the point I was trying to make, is that some of us have allready heavly invested in other WBs. I believe it to be a mistake on NX's part that we will be excluded. I don't doubt the accuracy of the FJO WB, but also don't doubt the accuracy of the Innovate WB. Some of us are very frugal with our money and we need to make product choices sometimes on what fits our wallets best, not allways the highest end product, eventhough that would be my choice if $$ wasn't an issue. This is why I am still in the dark ages, using old school multi stage (still adding #3) over progressive, but that will change one day to multi stage progressive.
Robert
Old 09-12-2005, 07:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Robert...you have a damn Z06!!!!

Whats all this talk about frugal??!?!
Old 09-12-2005, 07:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
Robert...you have a damn Z06!!!!

Whats all this talk about frugal??!?!
But that's how I got one.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah!
I wish I was like Robert and had a Z06.....

Actually some very good info on these controllers. Both units look good. I still would like to see a "less" complicated model come out with a "window" of operation like the NX motorcycle controller that never quite made it to market for the automobiles. I guess just wishful thinking... Seeing we seem to be going the other way and getting more complicated.

The price point on the Edge is hard to over look. I love NX products, BUT if the Edge can do what I need, then I am on board.
Time will tell and I am listening!!!!
Old 09-12-2005, 08:45 PM
TECH Resident

LMAO some things never change!

Last edited by ACW; 09-16-2005 at 09:55 PM. Reason: non-sponsor
Old 09-12-2005, 09:54 PM
FormerVendor

Hey Robert, you do have a very good point with this. The accuracy of these guys is amazing. Mustang Dynamometer is using the LM-1 for the wideband A/F for there dynos, and if you opened up the black A/F box on the Dynojet you might or might not be surprised what's in there....

Matt

Originally Posted by Robert56
I don't disagree at all. the point I was trying to make, is that some of us have allready heavly invested in other WBs. I believe it to be a mistake on NX's part that we will be excluded. I don't doubt the accuracy of the FJO WB, but also don't doubt the accuracy of the Innovate WB. Some of us are very frugal with our money and we need to make product choices sometimes on what fits our wallets best, not allways the highest end product, eventhough that would be my choice if $$ wasn't an issue. This is why I am still in the dark ages, using old school multi stage (still adding #3) over progressive, but that will change one day to multi stage progressive.
Robert
Old 09-13-2005, 06:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

We sell several of the 2-dial nitrous controllers to the automotive market as well as to the motorcycle crowd. I am not a sponser so I can not elaborate any more. I do not understand why NX chose not to market the small controller for the automotive group. They seemed to have it dis-credited from the start. Oh well, I am still having trouble keeping up with demand as it is. I just do not understand how so many others get it to work just fine and they had so many issues.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
Just be sure that you guys bring a lap top to control your controller. lol
So wait... if I got the Edge, I won't be able to upload new settings to it with a laptop or PDA??? How do I tell it what to do!?

Thanks,
-somebody
Old 09-21-2005, 06:22 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Technoman64
We sell several of the 2-dial nitrous controllers to the automotive market as well as to the motorcycle crowd. I am not a sponser so I can not elaborate any more. I do not understand why NX chose not to market the small controller for the automotive group. They seemed to have it dis-credited from the start. Oh well, I am still having trouble keeping up with demand as it is. I just do not understand how so many others get it to work just fine and they had so many issues.
It works great on the smaller solenoids.However it was not dependable for the amp draw on the larger solenoids.I liked the unit and will continue to sell it to motorcycle applications.
Dave
Old 09-22-2005, 01:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NitrousDirect
Wait.. I thought it's an HSW controller.. like they built it themselves?? Isn't that what you call it? With some changes huh.. what changes are those? Why not just sell it for what it really is? A Twisted Sanity controller from the UK??

We originally looked at importing them but found they they were too hokey, over priced and hard to get support being that they are not in this country. But we would have called them Super Duper Maxum Rocket Launching Controllers
Boy I can see you making friends right and left on this site.
Robert
Old 09-22-2005, 07:35 AM
TECH Resident

Plenty of friends and lot's of great customers. I just call it like I see it and don't try to convince people that certain junk products are our own. I'd rather be honest with our customers. Just here to help
Old 09-22-2005, 07:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
It works great on the smaller solenoids.However it was not dependable for the amp draw on the larger solenoids.I liked the unit and will continue to sell it to motorcycle applications.
Dave
The small 2-dial controller has dual 40-amp drivers on each output. I have had 2 of the large Nitrous solenoids on one output with no problems. I have had several car guys with 2 Nitrous and 2 Fuel solenoids running these with no problems.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NitrousDirect
Wait.. I thought it's an HSW controller.. like they built it themselves?? Isn't that what you call it? With some changes huh.. what changes are those? Why not just sell it for what it really is? A Twisted Sanity controller from the UK??
Must really bug you to know about 75% of the things inside your house are not manufactured by the name on the product! Hell, even this gateway monitor I am using now was produced by sony.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:22 AM
TECH Resident

Not at all.. But when dealing with something that could vehicle failure, something so important and fragile I think you should know what you're dealing with. Buddy.. it's in your best interest not mine.. I'm not even selling a controller.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

HSW is FAR from the only people that do this in the auto world. Buy a bbk in tank fuel pump.... it's a walbro, buy jegs heads, they are canfiels, buy jegs rockers, they are jesels, buy XXXXX shops custom cam grind, it's really made by comp cams, NX controllers are made by FJO and the list goes on and on and on. If everyone really revealed who makes what the car world would turn around in a day!

I know you are not selling anything, I am jsut stating a point the same way you are.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:47 AM
TECH Resident

Right but walbro doesn't make crap, are canfiels crap, FJO makes good controller.. Why are you arguing something you have not even tested? We did and passed because we care about what the customer gets.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:52 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by XJOSHX
HSW is FAR from the only people that do this in the auto world. Buy a bbk in tank fuel pump.... it's a walbro, buy jegs heads, they are canfiels, buy jegs rockers, they are jesels, buy XXXXX shops custom cam grind, it's really made by comp cams, NX controllers are made by FJO and the list goes on and on and on. If everyone really revealed who makes what the car world would turn around in a day!

I know you are not selling anything, I am jsut stating a point the same way you are.

exactly. I dont see anything special on nitrous directs site for a controller besides the same one nos has been making forever. What else do you guys have? I am in the middle of choosing one right now.

Quick Reply: Twisted Sanity Nitrous Controllers