Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Twisted Sanity Nitrous Controllers

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 10:56 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Twisted Sanity Nitrous Controllers

I noticed Harris Speed has started selling what looks like the Twisted Sanity Nitrous Controller. Is anyone familiar with this product out of the UK? Is it the same? Is it a match to the maximizer?

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Twisted-San...ssystemsQQtZkm

http://www.twistedsanity.com/contact.htm

Marc
Old 09-11-2005, 12:49 PM
Restricted User

Looks like the same as the UK's top dog one, same description and pic, just repackaged for sale in US?
Old 09-11-2005, 02:05 PM
FormerVendor

A few changes have been made to them. We are the exclusive US dealer for them.

Matt
Old 09-12-2005, 03:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Matt, you ever deal with Wizards of NOS out of the UK? They have some ok controllers.
Robert
Old 09-12-2005, 10:21 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1st and goal
I noticed Harris Speed has started selling what looks like the Twisted Sanity Nitrous Controller. Is anyone familiar with this product out of the UK? Is it the same? Is it a match to the maximizer?

Marc
According to what I have been told.The originator of all these controllers was Wizards of NOS.Trevor desighned the maximiser 22 years ago.He contracted out building his desighn to what is now Twisted Concepts that built them for 12 years. He ended up having a Bad batch of them so he took his build and contracted it to a new company.The original company used his Intellectual Property to make an sell products based on his old designs.That company is now selling them through Twisted Sanity.This is now tied up in the British Justice system.
Now here is the down fall.If Trevor,(Wizards of Nos) wins.What would already be a warranty nightmare because they are in England will be even worse if they go out of buisness do to the lawsuite. I have been told that "both companys are run by a pair of cowboys and their current copy products are housed in cheap plastic cases and generally badly made and presented as most cheap copies of an original product are."

All the info I have is from Trevor at Wizards OF NOS.None of this is something I know from being there.Just thought I would share what I was told.

I do know this according to all of Twisted Concepts advertisement.You can have them put your companys name on the screen of there controller and they will private label there parts for you..Thereis nothing wrong with doing private labels.Tone of companys do it.

However No this is no match for the quality or fuctionability of the Maximizer that is currently built by FJO for Nitrous Express.
Dave
Old 09-12-2005, 11:00 AM
Restricted User

Dave, good info and sharing, although we both know how this can end up....

"Got Flame Suit On?" (denotes my new t-shirt & bumper sticker)
Old 09-12-2005, 11:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yea, I have talked to Trevor a few times, and they were designing a specific system for the C5 through their state side distributer, Denny Hansen-Racetested. However, nothing ever came of this discussion to run their set-up as a first line test vehicle. They have some very good ideas, but really are against shooting out of the hole big time like we do. I think is because of the small engines they tend to run in the UK. If I remeber correctly, they have a Pulsoid noid designed specifically for progressive set-ups. They are, WONos, a little hard on American companys for some reason, but do have some knowledge base to work from.
Robert
Old 09-12-2005, 12:06 PM
FormerVendor

Dave, why is it that you always resort to scare tactics in ALL of our threads? I honestly felt bad when you came crying to us on CZ28.com (private messages) and have stopped myself from replying to some of your mis-informational threads and other blatant bashing of our products solely on the grounds that I hoped you would stop these childish/used car salesmen tactics. Are you that hard up for sales? This has to be your all time low-ball post though...To completely bash a product based on merely hear-say is totally obsurd! You blatently admitted that you didn't know any of the facts yet you still decided to post your "story". Facts are that there is NO current lawsuit for the controllers nor will there be any! This is not copied technology...it was developed soley in house. Here are the facts:

1) Twisted Sanity manufactures our product for us similar to FJO making it for NX.
2) Twisted Sanity NEVER made any products for Wizards of NOS OR NX, therefore all quality issues are NON-RELATED to us and fall on the shoulders of other vendors/manufacturers.
3) There is no pending lawsuit against Twisted Sanity concerning intellectual property.
4) Appearance is in the eyes of beholder, while you may think the case is cheap others feel that its terrific.
5) Our pricing is extremely attractive to users.
6) The technology of this product with its multiple features is extremely competitive.
7) There have been no quality issues thus far and as a matter of fact we use the product in our own vehicles, just as we use Cold Fusion products.

A digital copy of this thread has been saved and forwarded to our corporate attorney for a potential libel lawsuit. Maybe then you'll finally stop bashing products?!?!

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
According to what I have been told.The originator of all these controllers was Wizards of NOS.Trevor desighned the maximiser 22 years ago.He contracted out building his desighn to what is now Twisted Concepts that built them for 12 years. He ended up having a Bad batch of them so he took his build and contracted it to a new company.The original company used his Intellectual Property to make an sell products based on his old designs.That company is now selling them through Twisted Sanity.This is now tied up in the British Justice system.
Now here is the down fall.If Trevor,(Wizards of Nos) wins.What would already be a warranty nightmare because they are in England will be even worse if they go out of buisness do to the lawsuite. I have been told that "both companys are run by a pair of cowboys and their current copy products are housed in cheap plastic cases and generally badly made and presented as most cheap copies of an original product are."

All the info I have is from Trevor at Wizards OF NOS.None of this is something I know from being there.Just thought I would share what I was told.

I do know this according to all of Twisted Concepts advertisement.You can have them put your companys name on the screen of there controller and they will private label there parts for you..Thereis nothing wrong with doing private labels.Tone of companys do it.

However No this is no match for the quality or fuctionability of the Maximizer that is currently built by FJO for Nitrous Express.
Dave
Old 09-12-2005, 12:34 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
Dave, why is it that you always resort to scare tactics in ALL of our threads? I honestly felt bad when you came crying to us on CZ28.com (private messages) and have stopped myself from replying to some of your mis-informational threads and other blatant bashing of our products solely on the grounds that I hoped you would stop these childish/used car salesmen tactics. Are you that hard up for sales? This has to be your all time low-ball post though...To completely bash a product based on merely hear-say is totally obsurd! You blatently admitted that you didn't know any of the facts yet you still decided to post your "story". Facts are that there is NO current lawsuit for the controllers nor will there be any! This is not copied technology...it was developed soley in house. Here are the facts:

1) Twisted Sanity manufactures our product for us similar to FJO making it for NX.
2) Twisted Sanity NEVER made any products for Wizards of NOS OR NX, therefore all quality issues are NON-RELATED to us and fall on the shoulders of other vendors/manufacturers.
3) There is no pending lawsuit against Twisted Sanity concerning intellectual property.
4) Appearance is in the eyes of beholder, while you may think the case is cheap others feel that its terrific.
5) Our pricing is extremely attractive to users.
6) The technology of this product with its multiple features is extremely competitive.
7) There have been no quality issues thus far and as a matter of fact we use the product in our own vehicles, just as we use Cold Fusion products.

A digital copy of this thread has been saved and forwarded to our corporate attorney for a potential libel lawsuit. Maybe then you'll finally stop bashing products?!?!
Matt,
Sorry to step on your toes.I was just repeating what I was told from Trevor at Wizards of NOS.The words above are the exact words I was told.So easy there buddy.I even said that I did not know first Hand.Im sure Trevor and Twisted Sanity can deal with it on there own.
NO where in there did I bash you or your product so get real.I know nothing of the product twisted sanity sales and could care less.
No we are not hard up for sales,I was not trying to sell anything.

The question asked if it can compare to the maximizer.In my openion NO.If it does would you like to compare the two controllers.I will lay it out there for you.
I never said it was a bad product I know nothing about it.
All I did was answer the question about Twisted Sanity.

Now reread my statements. I never said anything bad about Harris Speed.As a matter of fact I even said that many companys private label and there is nothing wrong with that.
Dave
Old 09-12-2005, 01:04 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Marc
Marc at this time there is no match to the NX maximizer or NX Maximizer 2 in quality or performance. There are simular feature but thats where it stops. I mean all progressive unit can cycle your solenoids allowing you to controll you traction issues.
Right now the Maximizer can control 2 stages time or rpm base, drive 4 noids, uses tps or micro switch, oil and fuel shut downs not a problem. Also the direct plug into a the FJO wideband always for lean shut off, and air fuel moitoring during the run. No need to let the nitrous turn on and off like other units if your lean there is a reason and you need to find out.. Controls the botter heater, bottle opener, even a purge if need be.
also the we allow FREE future upgrade via downloads straight from the FJO site.
The Max 2 also you TPS trim mode, were you can pedal you nitrous system safely without just on or off'inf it..
Our latest addition to the MAX 2 will be variable ramps per gear... The customers asked for it and soon downloads will be available.. It always you to set a real curve...

Ricky
Old 09-12-2005, 01:06 PM
FormerVendor

What you “heard” from others does not excuse you from posting libelous statements. And no I’m not going to “ease” up! You continuously make comments on things you even admit you don’t have personal knowledge of. In your “opinion” you said that NO the HSW Edge does not compare the the NX Maximizer 2, yet you even admitted that you know nothing about our controller, how does that make sense? You can’t compare a product that you aren’t fully familiar with, which you admit! Next, THERE IS NOTHING BETWEEN Wizards of NOS and Twisted Sanity, therefore there is nothing for them to deal with and your post is completely irrelevant to anything! Your erroneous post has got the general public thinking negatively about this product which is completely untrue. How would you like it if I posted blatantly false information concerning one of your products?

As to your comparison test…sure, our features are clearly listed on our site. The maximizer 2 is almost twice the cost of the HSW Edge and can do a whopping few more things! We’re more than open to do competitive testing with any company through a third party independent testing facility. Date and Time? Just be sure that you guys bring a lap top to control your controller. lol

Matt,
Sorry to step on your toes.I was just repeating what I was told from Trevor at Wizards of NOS.The words above are the exact words I was told.So easy there buddy.I even said that I did not know first Hand.Im sure Trevor and Twisted Sanity can deal with it on there own.
NO where in there did I bash you or your product so get real.I know nothing of the product twisted sanity sales and could care less.
No we are not hard up for sales,I was not trying to sell anything.

The question asked if it can compare to the maximizer.In my openion NO.If it does would you like to compare the two controllers.I will lay it out there for you.
I never said it was a bad product I know nothing about it.
All I did was answer the question about Twisted Sanity.

Now reread my statements. I never said anything bad about Harris Speed.As a matter of fact I even said that many companys private label and there is nothing wrong with that.
Dave
Old 09-12-2005, 01:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Robert
Old 09-12-2005, 01:32 PM
FormerVendor

Mark,

It's very close to the maximizer 2 at nearly half the cost. The Edge can control three or more stages and drive as many solenoids as you need it, there is no limit. It can be triggered off either the integrated TPS switch or off a WOT (micro) switch. The Edge will shut off your nitrous if fuel pressure drops, oil pressure drops, or if your A/F starts to go lean. We have a high speed data logging option along with a wideband. The Edge will also work with all the other widebands on the market (LM-1, LC-1, wideband commander and so on) so you don't even have to run a propriety wideband unit. The Edge will also work off your narrowband O2 sensors. We did not include bottle control on the Edge for a reason. Most people like to arm their bottle heaters and control their remote bottle openers separately from arming the system. I know I wouldn't like to have to arm my nitrous controller to turn the bottle heater on. Unlike some of the other controllers on the market we don't require you to purchase new hardware when we have an update available. The goal was to provide a rich amount of features while keeping the cost down as much as possible.

Matt

Marc
Old 09-12-2005, 01:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Lets keep this thread to a DEBATE level on the pros and cons of the various types of nitrous controllers please. Keep the cheap shots out of the thread or it will be closed. I think people planning on getting a controller could learn from some factual discussion on this subject. With as fancy as these controllers are these day you really have to use your brain to figure out what you need and the various ways you can set them up.

So guys...play nice and discuss your products in a professional manner.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:57 PM
FormerVendor

Matt,
First of all.
I did not even talk about the edge or what ever you call it.The unit in which I talked about is the Twisted Sanity.Which it clearly says on Ebay that they will private label it to you and put your companys logo on...
Kind of what FJO does for NX but the NX one is exclusive to NX only!!!

Now on the Twisted Sanity controller.I have read what it does and how it works.So this is where my openion that it does not compare to the Maximizer in fuctionabilty. As for quality the Maximizer is a bad boy and yes thats why it cost more.

As for the rest all info I have came directly from Wizards of Nos.So I did go straight to the source for the information that I stated I was told..

The childish act is un needed so I will not respond any longer.
Have a wonderful Day
Dave

Last edited by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet; 09-12-2005 at 03:20 PM.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:58 PM
FormerVendor

Sorry Al I must have been typing that while you posted.Im done.
Dave
Old 09-12-2005, 02:21 PM
FormerVendor

Matt,
First of all.
I did not even talk about the edge or what ever you call it.The unit in which I talked about is the Twisted Insanity.Which it clearly says on Ebay that they will private label it to you and put your companys logo on...
Kind of what FJO does for NX but the NX one is exclusive to NX only!!!
Well considering that the Edge is our exclusive item in the US, I'd say that it is similar to that of NX's and FJO's relationship...

Now on the Twisted Sanity controller.I have read what it does and how it works.So this is where my openion that it does not compare to the Maximizer in fuctionabilty. As for quality the Maximizer is a bad boy and yes thats why it cost more.
Thanks for sharing your opinion dave, just hope it's more reliable than what you've "heard" from others.

As for the rest all info I have came directly from Wizards of Nos.So I did go straight to the source for the information that I stated I was told..
Doesn't relinquish you from the fact that a) not true and b) its libelous because YOU STILL WROTE IT!

The childish act is un needed so I will not respond any longer.
Have a wonderful Day
Dave
See children are oblivious to the obvious and say/post things to hurt others, where as adults allow the legal system to resolve issues, which is why a) I won't be posting in this thread any longer except for technical info and b) our corporate attorney will now be handling this matter and has advised us to no longer debate your untrue and libelous statements. I hope the rest of your monday is well.

Matt
Old 09-12-2005, 02:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

One thing I would like to point out, is the fact that the "Edge" can work with any WB. NX's product is fine, for sure, but I was concerned that my LM1 would not work. I quess they figure you can buy a FJO WB? Some of us allready own a different brand WB. So, I see the "Edge" as having an advantage for at least some of us, imo, also three stages . So many new products out there, the choices are broad.
Robert
Old 09-12-2005, 02:40 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by Robert56
One thing I would like to point out, is the fact that the "Edge" can work with any WB. NX's product is fine, for sure, but I was concerned that my LM1 would not work. I quess they figure you can buy a FJO WB? Some of us allready own a different brand WB. So, I see the "Edge" as having an advantage for at least some of us, imo, also three stages . So many new products out there, the choices are broad.
Robert
hello Rober,
How things going.
The reason we only use FJO widebands with our units is, we can guarentee the accuracy of the units... FJO is the only w/b company I know that specs each sensor.. You can do other testing I guess and get you close but whats the point. We are a nitrous manufactor, so we make units that we know will work with our products... Alot of parts will work just fine with other MFG. stuff, but all the parts are designed to work toether...
I am curious if you can control 3 stages or Program 3 stages. There is a difference.. I did some checking the maximizer 2 can drive a hole bunch of noids sets.. and if you want to program 3 stages go with the tri stage controller.. no biggie..
I will give one point to the other boxes out there... You can push a button and make some changes, but in no way can you have the adjustment that the maximizer 2 has..
Basicly you have to decide do you want box that you can load your grocery list and go shopping or one that can launch the space shuttle...
It all comes down to
do you want a calculator or a computer.?
Ricky

Last edited by NXRICKY; 09-12-2005 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:47 PM
Restricted User

I will vote to be an independent 3rd party to test both systems, which I would have the advantage over some with a track that is open every weekend year round, except Christmas I also have a laptop and an LM-1 and can log, so send me your Maximizer or Max2 and an Edge and I will be glad to punish them accordingly

Quick Reply: Twisted Sanity Nitrous Controllers