Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Purge Install and Braided Line Question (Big Show Purge). Vette

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Purge Install and Braided Line Question (Big Show Purge). Vette

Guys. I did some searches, but am a bit confused on the Purge Install. I am getting mine installed, but in order to get things how you want them, you need to tell them what to do.

I have a Nitro Dave Big Show Purge which will be combined with my NX Wet Kit. I have a 01 Vette and think I want the Purge over the windshield, but a little more of a straight up in the air stream vs. following the angle of the windshield. The way you see the videos of the Master Blaster Purge on their website and on this forum, but maybe not quite as straight up in the air.

Here are my questions comments: I am looking at the kit right now.

1. What is that 3/16" skinny 2 foot long silver metal line/pipe/tubing that comes with the kit do and how is that connected to the rest of the purge components? I don't see any small hole on the solenoid.

2. Then I have a 4 foot long black plastic 5/16" (Parker Parflex is printed on the tube) and this looks like this is the line where the nitrous purge shoots out and exits the purge line. I assume this is right.

3. I would rather have the steel braided line, like my nitrous line, IN PLACE of the 5/16" Plastic Line that comes with the Kit for stability and Looks. I hear people talking about brake line at an auto parts store. Is this the same as braided line? Where do I get the braided line for the purge and do I get the same 5/16" size line? How Long do I need to get?

4. Robert56 (Guru and my Nitrous Mentor) I see your set up for your Vette on your website and you use steel braided line, right? You have a small square metal piece (sitting on the ledge of the windshield) where the line connects and purges from, what is that thing? I think you said on the site you do a dual purge. That's cool. Wish you had a pic.

Also, how do you route the line to shoot over the windshield, do you have to DRILL into that plastic area where the windshield lines are???

5.. Do you guys think over the windshield looks cool. Is it DUMB to go more straight up in the air? It just seems you can see it better when it is more straight up than at an angle, and remember I have the Big Daddy Purge (Dave's Big Show Purge) .

I am getting my Nitrous next week for REAL finally , so I want to have all that I need to tell the installer how I want it and want to buy those steel lines for my purge for them to install.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

The Bandit
(Gary)

Oh Ya. Here is my Kit, just FYI In case you think of any other tricks:

NX Dual Nozzle Wet Kit w/10 lb. Bottle
TNT Power Ring (going to do dual since there is 2 holes for it. (Silver)
NX Remote Bottle Opener
NX Bottle Heater
NX Electric Nitrous Gauge (for ashtray where cig lighter is)
NX TPS
NX FPSS
NX (3) Switch Panel for ashtray
NX Nitrous Filter
Nitro Dave's Big Show Purge with NX Solenoid (to pick up the chicks with)
MSD Digital Window Switch
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
Billet Aluminum Nitrous Bottle Holder

THANKS

Last edited by 2001 Red Coupe Bandit; 09-17-2005 at 11:35 AM.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

You can get the steel braided line from probably any of the nitrous vendors, or a local paintball shop. The paintball line is rated at 3000psi and works no problem, that's what I use. The small black line is for your purge and also works fine, just may not look as cool.

As far as purging up over the windshield, if you like the way that looks then do it! I would bet there will be drilling invovlved by the looks of it. CA't see how it could be done without it.
I have mine purging out the front and it looks cool too; even more so when I steam rice!
Good luck wild man!!!!
Old 09-17-2005, 11:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mike,

Where exactly do you purge from, the front screen/screens? Elaborate please.

Thanks, you have my same bottle bracket holder, but your base looks slightly different. I am either going where yours is, or 1/2 in 1/2 out of the trunk area of my Coupe pointed at an angle with the tip of the bottle facing toward the front of the car. Will have to cut part of the trunk cargo cover to let the bottle out, but it will look cool.

The paintball store. That will work!

What size do I use. The black plastic tube that came with my purge kit says 5/16th on it?

Thanks

Gary

Love your set up, very nice
Old 09-18-2005, 12:30 AM
Staging Lane

Mine goes up the windshield. Probably not as big as you're looking for, but it works for me.

Short Purge Video Here
Old 09-18-2005, 03:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gary, it's the "Bulls Nostril" over the wind shield from DynoTune. On my current set-up I run braided part of the way then swap to the plastic, which is ok because of being open ended.
DynoTune purge noid,

and dual outlet "Bulls Nostril", hooked to parker then to braided by battery area. A good location, but drilling is required, however a small plug later and no one will ever notice. It's hidden when hood is closed, but still works well.

Robert
Edit: I like it at the shield because I can see when purge is done for 1/4 run. And a little bling factor for passengers, and them pesky Cobras giving the rev at the stop light. It usually makes them look away.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Here is where it was before switching to the passenger side:

I am now below the bottom of the bumper connected to the frame.hook assembly. When I went to the Vararam I had to re-do it. The paintball braided line I use appears to be a 4an size with 1/8" fittings. I don't believe there are different sizes then this. I went with a 3' length connected to the small SS tube included with the kit. You can see the line going from my purge solenoid in my sig pic. I will try and get a shot under the car and post it if you would like.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I still don't know what that 3/16 skinny 2 foot Silver HARD Metal tube/pipe that come with the kit is for. Anyone know? It was with my entire kit, so maybe it isn't for the purge line.

I think I just re-read Airwolf's reply and he said "connected to the small SS Tube", so it looks like that skinny metal tube goes into your noid??..... Well, I looked again, that is your fuel or NOS Noid that had a skinny metal pipe going to the direct port. Your Purge Noid is silver & black, right and has a steel braided line connected to it?

X-ZZ4- Thanks for the Video. Your looks cool. That is enough plume, I just might angle mine up a bit more toward the sky. Yours follows the contour of your car, almost like a wind tunnel test BTW, where is your bottle mounted at? I see you have a coupe. Any pics?

AirWolf: As Always thanks for all of your pictures and help. You have been a big help. So YOU are spraying your purge from the Passenger Side Z06 Air Screen, up in the air? BTW, I have the Screens in my car as well. I wish you had a picture of the purge shooting out.

Robert,

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the pics and great explanation. I haven't done this yet so I am asking questions and speaking from inexperience.

So Can I buy just that Bull Nostril metal piece from Dyno Tune(separate) and hook up the 5/16th parkerflex plastic line that came with Nitro Dave's Big Show kit?

So you used braided line from the Purge Noid and ran it back and connected it to the plastic parkerflex tube (how do you connect that to the steel braided line, the parker is just a regular plastic tube with no fittings on it), then you again went from the end of the black parkerflex to now again using steel braided line that you see on your windshield connected to your Bull Nostrils?

Why did you use the plastic tube in the middle instead of using 100% braided line from the purge noid to the Bull Nostril?

Is that 4 foot of Black Parkerflex in my kit of sufficient length to run from the noid to the windshield if I just use that?

(Airwolf suggested going to a paint ball store to buy steel braided line and he used that. Is this OK???)

Also on your Blowdown Tube, does yours go out of your car?? I might mount my bottle 1/2 in 1/2 out of the storage in my coupe, so the tube isn't long enough to be positioned to be utside the car. I guess there is a way to extend the end of the tune with something to make it as long as you need to...

Thanks

Gary

Nitrous goes on Next Week!

Last edited by 2001 Red Coupe Bandit; 09-18-2005 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...ette_purge.wmv

Here is the Dyno Tune Master Blaster Purge Video on a Z06. Mine will look more like this, but I might not go so straight up in the air, maybe a bit more angle toward the window.

I hope I don't get reported to the neigborhood standards commitee when they see this Plume, they might send me back to live in the woods with the beavers

I guess A guy can never have too many beavers

Everytime I watch that video I just laugh, like what am I getting myself into
Old 09-18-2005, 12:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Parker line should have adapter fittings to go from plastic compression to say 1/8 pipe. That's how I did it, screwed one fitting directly into Bull Nostril and used a couple fittings to adapt to braid. I would have went with plastic, but like the look of the braid and had a piece set-up to work until out of sight.

You can get the Bull Nostril by itself, from dynotune.

paintball line is fine, because of being open ended.

Blow down tube must vent to outside the car. I got busted for this at one of my tracks that follow NHRA rules. You can go to any speed shop and get replacement fittings and hose. I ran mine out the drain hole in the spare tire well, after drilling it out. A bulkhead connector works great at this area.
Robert
Old 09-18-2005, 02:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Robert!
Old 09-18-2005, 02:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2001 Red Coupe Bandit
X-ZZ4- Thanks for the Video. Your looks cool. That is enough plume, I just might angle mine up a bit more toward the sky. Yours follows the contour of your car, almost like a wind tunnel test BTW, where is your bottle mounted at? I see you have a coupe. Any pics?
I've got the basic "in the center compartment" stealthy bottle install.....so still allows storage of the top. Not as pretty as some, not laid optimally parallel to the car, but it works for me....

Have fun with yours......you'll love it!
Old 09-18-2005, 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Looks Good!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Purge Install and Braided Line Question (Big Show Purge). Vette