Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX "WARRANTY"????????????

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 01:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NX "WARRANTY"????????????

Well I just called NX to ask for suggestions on why my solenoid stopped working, and I ended up speaking to Jeremy (NXJEREMY I'm guessing...).

He was helpfull in giving me suggestions on what to look at (why it stopped working, which I will get to the bottom of in a little bit), HOWEVER told me that if the "magnet is melted" I will need to BUY a new solenoid. His explanation was that it was on for too long (but I have it all logged, and it was spraying from 3700rpms untill 5200rpms, which was about a ONE SECOND timeframe). He stated it didn't matter and the only thing that could cause that failure (which I honestly do NOT think is the cause as to why it stopped working anyway) is it being left on for too long (spraying for 25-30 seconds).

SO WHAT THE HELL DOES THE NX LIFETIME WARRANY CONSIST OF???? I literally bought this solenoid LAST WEEK (in which I was supposed to have it in 2 days, however, something happened at NX with my order and I didn't get it untill tuesday/yesterday, ordered wednesday night, they did overnight it on monday though, which was still MUCH later than when I wanted/PAID to have it by). It's just dis-heartening to hear that I will have to BUY a new solenoid if this is the problem.

Again, WHAT THE HELL DOES THE NX LIFETIME WARRANY CONSIST OF????

My initial response to this solenoid was, "DAMN, that's a fine piece, no wonder they warranty it for life." I guess that's not the case.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:22 PM
FormerVendor

Sorry to hear about that. Did you already go over the connections? If so, crack her open and take a look at her. We're not far from ya, if you need any help let us know.

Matt

Originally Posted by 5.8litrels1eater
Well I just called NX to ask for suggestions on why my solenoid stopped working, and I ended up speaking to Jeremy (NXJEREMY I'm guessing...).

He was helpfull in giving me suggestions on what to look at (why it stopped working, which I will get to the bottom of in a little bit), HOWEVER told me that if the "magnet is melted" I will need to BUY a new solenoid. His explanation was that it was on for too long (but I have it all logged, and it was spraying from 3700rpms untill 5200rpms, which was about a ONE SECOND timeframe). He stated it didn't matter and the only thing that could cause that failure (which I honestly do NOT think is the cause as to why it stopped working anyway) is it being left on for too long (spraying for 25-30 seconds).

SO WHAT THE HELL DOES THE NX LIFETIME WARRANY CONSIST OF???? I literally bought this solenoid LAST WEEK (in which I was supposed to have it in 2 days, however, something happened at NX with my order and I didn't get it untill tuesday/yesterday, ordered wednesday night, they did overnight it on monday though, which was still MUCH later than when I wanted/PAID to have it by). It's just dis-heartening to hear that I will have to BUY a new solenoid if this is the problem.

My initial response to this solenoid was, "DAMN, that's a fine piece, no wonder they warranty it for life." I guess that's not the case.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:44 PM
TECH Resident

Well I'm not sure of the exact circumstances that led to that conversation I have to give both sides the benefit of the doubt.

I would be happy to help you and get you another solenoid though, our lifetime warranty is a no questions asked, just send it back type deal.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:50 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The warrenty covers the machanical part of the solenoid.The coil part is not covered.Ofcourse no electrical device covers a lifetime warrenty.The olny known thing to fry the electrical part of the soleniod is bad wiring connections(ground) or leaving the solenoid open to long.Give me a call and let me know whats going on.Let me see if its something I can help with.
Dave
Old 09-22-2005, 01:59 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by 5.8litrels1eater

Ok the lifetime Warranty on our solenoids covers the solenoid except coil burn out... If the magic smoke is let out a noid, the noid was on for to long... Now that could be turned on to long at one time, cycled on and off several time checking for leaks or showing off.... Other things that cause coil burn out is a poor ground.. If the ground is junk, you can still get the noids to click but the amp draw goes thro the roof.The warranty that NX does cover ever thing except that, that is call abuse...
So with that said, if you were it out, becuase of trash, or you just the use the hell out of it and flat wore it out. Then you get a new part, the part that is wore out..
Or if you want it cleaned and get a check up thats free.

Now onto the way my tech guys rep themselves... I appoligize if any comments came across as wrong or harsh... We are just falling the rules laid out by NX...
You do not have to purchase a new noid, just send it back and I will look at it...

As far as the freights go in the performance industry as a whole.. If you order a part red, blue, or what ever, that does not mean you will get that part in that time line... I know when I order something red label and it takes a few day to get it, it pisses me off too. But companies have pending orders that are set to go out... If any company bumps an order to get another out that pushes the hole line back... So lets say your order was next to leave and its a ground order, but I get 3 red labels in and those have to go.. Your order just got pushed back, you as a customer or dealer would be pissed because some other order left before yours....
Trust me I totally understand the catch 22 on this... K&N told me once you ordered that filter red label. and you got next freight.. But it took them 2 weeks to get to that order...

Again I am sorry the noid failed and it was late getting to you, so please send it in, or call me and I will take care of this...

Ricky
Old 09-22-2005, 02:21 PM
10 Second Club

hey NX ricky grounding the noids to front bolt of the head is that a good anough ground?
Old 09-22-2005, 02:28 PM

Perfect as long as wires have good connection to the terminal, and there is no grease between the connection terminal and the head.. It is a perfect location...
Ricky
Old 09-22-2005, 02:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
Ok the lifetime Warranty on our solenoids covers the solenoid except coil burn out... If the magic smoke is let out a noid, the noid was on for to long... Now that could be turned on to long at one time, cycled on and off several time checking for leaks or showing off.... Other things that cause coil burn out is a poor ground.. If the ground is junk, you can still get the noids to click but the amp draw goes thro the roof.The warranty that NX does cover ever thing except that, that is call abuse...
So with that said, if you were it out, becuase of trash, or you just the use the hell out of it and flat wore it out. Then you get a new part, the part that is wore out..
Or if you want it cleaned and get a check up thats free.

Now onto the way my tech guys rep themselves... I appoligize if any comments came across as wrong or harsh... We are just falling the rules laid out by NX...
You do not have to purchase a new noid, just send it back and I will look at it...

As far as the freights go in the performance industry as a whole.. If you order a part red, blue, or what ever, that does not mean you will get that part in that time line... I know when I order something red label and it takes a few day to get it, it pisses me off too. But companies have pending orders that are set to go out... If any company bumps an order to get another out that pushes the hole line back... So lets say your order was next to leave and its a ground order, but I get 3 red labels in and those have to go.. Your order just got pushed back, you as a customer or dealer would be pissed because some other order left before yours....
Trust me I totally understand the catch 22 on this... K&N told me once you ordered that filter red label. and you got next freight.. But it took them 2 weeks to get to that order...

Again I am sorry the noid failed and it was late getting to you, so please send it in, or call me and I will take care of this...

Ricky
Thanks for the response. Let me just clear up the shipping...that was honestly not a worry of mine, and it was handled fine.

Now on to the warranty, thanks again for the reply. HOWEVER, as assumed, the SOLENOID IS 100% FINE . I ended up tracing the problem back to a fuse coming off of the relay. This is what I assumed (somewhere there was a bad fuse.).

But thanks for clearing up the warranty issue, and....

NX IS STILL 100000000000000000000000000000000 TIMES BETTER QUALITY THAN NOS

Thanks for the great product and also, the responses (as far as clearing up the warranty issue).

Steve
Old 09-22-2005, 02:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

"Other things that cause coil burn out is a poor ground.. If the ground is junk, you can still get the noids to click but the amp draw goes thro the roof."

I have been working with electronics for a good number of years. When you have a poor connection the current can NOT flow at peak. This is the law of physics. Now the point in the circuit where there is high resistance(the poor ground connection) will become heated as this connection is disapating power and the energy is released in the form of heat.

I agree that a high current solenoid if left on will heat quickly. The current through the coil can only occur if it can be supplied by all of the other paths of current flow though.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:18 PM
TECH Resident

Glad to hear it!!! See nothing to worry about at all a majority of the time it is electrical, bad ground, bad fuses, etc.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:46 PM

Thanks STeve glad to see you got it going..
Ricky
Old 09-23-2005, 10:27 PM
Launching!

ON a more positive note I sent in my NX soleniods to be checked out (they still worked but have been used for two years) and they completely rebuilt them for free! Not many places will do that for ya!