Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX Maximizer II dyno tests inside with dyno graph

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
Thats a fact. It all makes sense. And there is another advantage to the MaxII I was thinking about last night. A buddy of mine that is building a Porsche 944 body with a 500 ci mopar engine with the NX SX2 dual system may end up using the MaxII. And we were discussing the merits of using the system in rpm mode or time based for manual VS auto cars at the track. At first glance it seems obvious that a time based setup is best for an auto. Obviously you bring in juice over time as traction is available and more HP can be applied. This basically will get you through first gear in time mode. But every gear after that will drop in RPM somewhat and then climb to the next shift point. So with the MaxII you could have one stage bring in power over time with traction until it reaches 100%. Then supplement your rpm levels with the second stage in rpm mode after first gear.

That would be kind of cool.
I was thinking about doing something sort of like this except leaving on a wet 125 shot and keeping it at 100% the entire run, then bring in a second RPM based dry stage of another 100 - 125 shot.

Once a forged bottom end goes in I could go up on each stage