Sponsored by:

Dry Dyno Run

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 01:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GrannySShifting

Black02SS, Im going to tell Dirk you want to put the MAF on
I don't know about that one just yet Jeff. I am really partial not having it, but I am strongly liking the idea of a dry more and more.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Just out of the sake of conversation, with a full H/C setup and a 150 dry shot, what size of injectors would you think I need? Robert? I currently have SVO 30lb's and I know that isn't going to cut it. I just really like the idea of a mellow powerband then one that hits hard at once. That is just ONE of the reasons I don't like my TNT kit.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GrannySShifting
I think a third stage is a little overkill. We only run two on ATVRacers car. Just shrink the front stage a little and bring the rest in up top. Timing and fueling can help soften the hit if need be as well as make it that much safer

We have seen very big changes on the IAT temps depending on ambient, ATVs car has been 9.9s in 110 degree heat and saw only 40-50 degree IATs, and on cool days/10.0s on just the front stage it has seen -20 degrees. Never had both on blast on a cold day to see how far it would go

CAT3 -"convert over to a -6 mainline, the -4 aint going to work much longer"

ATV is running a 4 an feed, and its running thru a y block which cuts it down even a little more. You can make a good chuck of power thru the 4, Dave seems to think its maxed around 250. Eventually I guess we may jet it up to find out where it maxes out before he switches over to 6 AN feed

Black02SS, Im going to tell Dirk you want to put the MAF on
I respect your advice and input, however, I think the 3 stages is a good comprimise for us vette guys and others who do not have a full out racer. We have to watch our rearends, trannys, drivelines and output shafts to mention a few areas. So, having the progressive nature of 3 stages will spread the torque over a longer linear curve, and thus saving vital drivetrain.

On the iat thing, I guess I am lucky living in the NW as we generally only see 80* Temps as max ambient air. So, I think the IAT vs fuel adder has some real benifits to offer. also, using a true ram air will minimise the intake air temp, such as a Vararam on the vettes. Ambient air compared to under hood air can be very different in temps.

On the 4an line NX Jeremy had stated that in can flow a max of 440rwhp. I sure wish we could get an absolute answer on this, as I am also running a 4an and wonder where I will run out?

Robert
Old 11-12-2005, 02:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Black02SS
Just out of the sake of conversation, with a full H/C setup and a 150 dry shot, what size of injectors would you think I need? Robert? I currently have SVO 30lb's and I know that isn't going to cut it. I just really like the idea of a mellow powerband then one that hits hard at once. That is just ONE of the reasons I don't like my TNT kit.
(projected BHP x bsfc .5) / (no of inject x duty cycle .8) = min injector size to meet rec 80% duty cycle

Robert
Old 11-12-2005, 02:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks!
Old 11-13-2005, 01:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert56

On the iat thing, I guess I am lucky living in the NW as we generally only see 80* Temps as max ambient air. So, I think the IAT vs fuel adder has some real benifits to offer. also, using a true ram air will minimise the intake air temp, such as a Vararam on the vettes. Ambient air compared to under hood air can be very different in temps.

On the 4an line NX Jeremy had stated that in can flow a max of 440rwhp. I sure wish we could get an absolute answer on this, as I am also running a 4an and wonder where I will run out?

Robert
Damn, why such a wide variety of thinking on the feed line.

I played with using the temp tables for a fewthings for Waynes car but we see such wide temp variations here its hard to pin it down
Old 11-13-2005, 01:50 AM
TECH Junkie

42s will do you fine. Weve made some 9.7 passes on 42s at stock fuel pressure on dry kit, heads/cam. 46s feeding a 408 dual wet/dry kit at 9.6s
Old 11-13-2005, 04:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks Jeff. Went to the track today and hesitant about putting the MAF back on, but serioiusly thinking about it.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:18 PM
TECH Junkie

No problem. Make sure you remind Dirk about how much of an ahole we are also, wouldnt want him forgetting

Weve done alot with the dry setups lately.