Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project 99 Ss

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 01:34 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Robert, good info and I think I was reading your earlier posts wrong on the puddling issue with these two intakes concerning the backfires. It's all good though.
Glad to hear you got that bike running, it's always a blast isn't it? And yea, I too tend to get more attention than nice cars do most of the time.

As for my nitrous system, I didn't like the way the switches were mounted so I removed them and am fabbing up some new mounts using different switches. Plus the fact that I completely broke the coil cover from vibration (the switches were mounted to the underside of the cover). I am going to try and get everything rewired so it will be operational by the San Antonio race.

I'm done jacking your thread Dave, please continue,lol.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Macon
Are you sure you don't? LOL. The "they are safer than ever" is referring to nozzel designs? Because how else are they different? The manifolds ie, LS6 and FAST are essentially the same, and that's not part of the wet system per se. Other than the nozzels they are what they've always been...or not?
The LSX manifold is/was designed with burst panels, so when you have a wet nitrous bacfire it has somewhere to go, rather than exploding the intake.

Safer than ever refers to times, all the way back to 70's, where it could be a crap shot on a nitrous run. Many many reasons why. No they are not what they have allways been. I installed my first wet kit in about 1977 and it survived, but plenty of guys blew their motors apart. nozzle design is part of it but not the whole story. 90% plus of all the kits I have installed have been wet. But, for the lsx platform my belief, based on the facts and practical knowledge/use, is dry is a little bit safer. I am in negotations for a MAF kit for my vette, that should tell you what I think of a well designed wet kit.
Robert
Old 10-18-2005, 02:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
The LSX manifold is/was designed with burst panels, so when you have a wet nitrous bacfire it has somewhere to go, rather than exploding the intake.

Safer than ever refers to times, all the way back to 70's, where it could be a crap shot on a nitrous run. Many many reasons why. No they are not what they have allways been. I installed my first wet kit in about 1977 and it survived, but plenty of guys blew their motors apart. nozzle design is part of it but not the whole story. 90% plus of all the kits I have installed have been wet. But, for the lsx platform my belief, based on the facts and practical knowledge/use, is dry is a little bit safer. I am in negotations for a MAF kit for my vette, that should tell you what I think of a well designed wet kit.
Robert
Good stuff...hope all goes well with the new system!

Returning thread control to Nitro Dave Vasser Clemments Jr...btw thanks for the insight this morning...
Old 10-18-2005, 02:20 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Robert,
No.... Dont do it. Then you will become a wet kit lover to and you and i will not be able to poke at each other as much You will be like Wet systems.

No really I have fun on this conversation with you.
Dave
Old 10-18-2005, 05:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
Safer than ever refers to times, all the way back to 70's, where it could be a crap shot on a nitrous run. Many many reasons why. No they are not what they have allways been. Robert
Robert - first Dave knows me a little and I'm serious about this stuff, not just some ah just hijacking his thread (well maybe a little) lol -

So help me understand here...the other problems, aside from the atomizing agent, ie the nozzle, had to be solenoids or jets being inconsistent? Since jets are pretty much jets as long as they don't clog up...I can see inconsistent solenoid operation causing loading up on nitrous. What else outside add on features like a window switch could cause problems. Still talking about something past a design that was not meant to perpetuate the flow of anything but a pure gas (ex. air) vs. a liquid albeit atomized like 93 octane mixed with nitrous gas?
Old 10-21-2005, 11:38 AM
FormerVendor

Ok here are a few updated pics of our Intake build up.

WE ARe USING NXs NEW 90MM THROTTLE BODY

Dave
Old 10-21-2005, 11:57 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS SWEET! NICE JOB GUYS!!!
Old 10-21-2005, 12:31 PM
9 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

That Looks Very Nice.i Want One
Old 10-21-2005, 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh Damn!!!! That is Sweet. I stand by my word for testing on an Engine Dyno
Old 10-21-2005, 02:07 PM
10 Second Club

Bueno.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Sweet Dave. Who is doing the actual engineering on this set-up? Just curious if your doing it and/or with the NX guys. Some trick work for sure.
Robert
Old 10-23-2005, 08:25 PM
FormerVendor

My self and a few freinds came up with this.The only place NX plays a role is selling us some of the parts.
Dave
Old 10-23-2005, 09:28 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
My self and a few freinds came up with this.The only place NX plays a role is selling us some of the parts.
Dave
I may have missed it...but is the TB for sale yet?
Old 10-23-2005, 10:09 PM
FormerVendor

Macon.Yes we are now selling the NX throttle body.
Dave
Old 11-02-2005, 09:44 PM
FormerVendor

Ok guys please see this thread for the final pics and pricing on the intake build.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/404043-nitrous-outlet-ls1-intake-system.html
Thanks
Dave