Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX MAF KIT vs TNT F1/F2 MAF?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 10:36 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LC1
hehe.. all NX crew is checking the forums at the same time..
Good business sense I guess.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TNTramair
LOL...i was just getting ready to type the same thing David. this kit makes a ton of power....way more than advertised...cant go wrong in that department with a TNT F2 kit.
And there ya have it, hard to complain when your makin real power isnt it
Old 11-09-2005, 10:57 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by David@TNT
And there ya have it, hard to complain when your makin real power isnt it
.....as opposed to making artificially enhanced power? Just messin' with ya' David..
Old 11-09-2005, 06:02 PM
10 Second Club

LOL...i was just getting ready to type the same thing David. this kit makes a ton of power....way more than advertised...cant go wrong in that department with a TNT F2 kit.
Now wait a damn min...making "WAY MORE POWER THAN ADVERTISED?" are you suggesting that any kit is better because it is advertsied to make say 100 and suddenly it makes 125. Frankly I want my system to make the power it says it's going to make. I have no friggin problem with TNT...I have a big problem with possibly giving my motor more than I asked for. I have the same problem with ZEX being UNDERRATED power wise. Yea I bought a ZEX kit way back when just to find out that it was UNDERRATED. Anyway...I find that NX, for me, does pretty close to what I expect. If I want more I can change the jets...but to say it makes more than the advertised power is boarderline dangerous.
Comments, cliches, cusswords?
Old 11-10-2005, 07:22 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Macon
Now wait a damn min...making "WAY MORE POWER THAN ADVERTISED?" are you suggesting that any kit is better because it is advertsied to make say 100 and suddenly it makes 125. Frankly I want my system to make the power it says it's going to make. I have no friggin problem with TNT...I have a big problem with possibly giving my motor more than I asked for. I have the same problem with ZEX being UNDERRATED power wise. Yea I bought a ZEX kit way back when just to find out that it was UNDERRATED. Anyway...I find that NX, for me, does pretty close to what I expect. If I want more I can change the jets...but to say it makes more than the advertised power is boarderline dangerous.
im not suggesting anything. im responding to the original posters question of which kit makes the most power. that is what he asked...wasnt it???
regardless of how much your spraying, if your tuned to handle that amount of spray than it shouldnt matter. this age old disscussion has been beat to death since the beginning of time. i posted my personal experiance with a TNT F2 kit...thats all. my car has had it on there now for a year..sprayin atleast once a weekend....i havent had any trouble thus far. you can argue that point till your blue in the face about sprayin too much...tha point is...it works...thats all that i care about. get er' tuned right and you wont have any trouble.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:24 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by boostedrs
Right now I'm trying to decide which kit to go with. I want to make the most power as possible. What jets would be possible for me? Motor is fully built Diamond Forged pistons / Eagle rods. Will the MAF work with a 85mm SLP MAS? I tried to search but couldn't find the answer. I'm trying to decide what kit will make the most power and be the safiest for my setup.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:38 AM
10 Second Club

im not suggesting anything. im responding to the original posters question of which kit makes the most power. that is what he asked...wasnt it???
regardless of how much your spraying, if your tuned to handle that amount of spray than it shouldnt matter. this age old disscussion has been beat to death since the beginning of time. i posted my personal experiance with a TNT F2 kit...thats all. my car has had it on there now for a year..sprayin atleast once a weekend....i havent had any trouble thus far. you can argue that point till your blue in the face about sprayin too much...tha point is...it works...thats all that i care about. get er' tuned right and you wont have any trouble.
You missed my point completely. What I said (or meant to say) was something should do what it claims...no more no less. I'm not talking about what is too much or too little. I'm talking about being precise. It don't give a damn if it's Joe's Nitrous System, Nippon Nitrous, NX or TNT or whoever...if you say 100 hp average gain in HP make it 100 NOT 150 or 75!!!

Originally Posted by boostedrs
Right now I'm trying to decide which kit to go with. I want to make the most power as possible. What jets would be possible for me? Motor is fully built Diamond Forged pistons / Eagle rods. Will the MAF work with a 85mm SLP MAS? I tried to search but couldn't find the answer. I'm trying to decide what kit will make the most power and be the safiest for my setup.
BTW I am speaking towards the original question in terms of safety.

Last edited by Macon; 11-10-2005 at 09:20 AM.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:33 AM
11 Second Club

You missed my point completely. What I said (or meant to say) was something should do what it claims...no more no less. I'm not talking about what is too much or too little. I'm talking about being precise. It don't give a damn if it's Joe's Nitrous System, Nippon Nitrous, NX or TNT or whoever...if you say 100 hp average gain in HP make it 100 NOT 150 or 75!!!

BTW I am speaking towards the original question in terms of safety.
yeah...but thats like buying a supercharger kit...they'll tell you if you run such and such boost you'll get 450 to the wheels. after you install it and run said boost and end up with 500 to the wheels...are ya gonna complain cause it was supposed to put out 450 and now its putting out 500 to the wheels cause its unsafe for the motor?? theres alot of variables involved. and i know its not a apples and apples comparison, but generally speakin, its the same concept. forcing something into a motor to abstract more power.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

You need to understand that we brought the RW rating to the nitrous industry and we set them on stock vehicle's.. So if you get a bone stock car, put a 100hp setting on it and it will make aprox 108 to the tire.. Now if you take the "other" kits out there and run them they will make approx 90 to the tire.. So when you through a variety of parts in the equation then of course its going to make more power than it was setup for... There is no way you can base jetting off of what parts are going to be on the car in the future, you have to base it on a stock application.. Also last of all we set our jetting @900psi and most set them to 1050, so if your raise the pressure to 1000psi then its going to make more power than it was set 2.. Honestly though if you make 20hp more on a setting and your "motor" comes apart then it was going to do it regardless, just my .02 .. David@TNT
Old 11-10-2005, 10:05 AM
10 Second Club

yeah...but thats like buying a supercharger kit...they'll tell you if you run such and such boost you'll get 450 to the wheels. after you install it and run said boost and end up with 500 to the wheels...are ya gonna complain cause it was supposed to put out 450 and now its putting out 500 to the wheels cause its unsafe for the motor?? theres alot of variables involved. and i know its not a apples and apples comparison, but generally speakin, its the same concept. forcing something into a motor to abstract more power.
I'm not going to complain personally...i'll take the power. Again for myself, i'm always pushing for my power. Throughout this whole discussion i'm really just trying to have eveyone keep in mind that there is no panacea for power...if that makes sense. I'm going to quickly say that I prefer two nitrous companies to others. NX and TNT. Since I own NX i'll happily explain why I chose them over TNT for my car. Healthy competetion will help both companies build better products. I'll say again...and i'm not blue yet (lol) that products, on the average, for various reasons should "do" what they "claim to do". It is far more unusual for a product to outperform it's claims. Okay I'm bluish....
Old 11-10-2005, 10:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm not going to complain personally...i'll take the power. Again for myself, i'm always pushing for my power. Throughout this whole discussion i'm really just trying to have eveyone keep in mind that there is no panacea for power...if that makes sense. I'm going to quickly say that I prefer two nitrous companies to others. NX and TNT. Since I own NX i'll happily explain why I chose them over TNT for my car. Healthy competetion will help both companies build better products. I'll say again...and i'm not blue yet (lol) that products, on the average, for various reasons should "do" what they "claim to do". It is far more unusual for a product to outperform it's claims. Okay I'm bluish....
I highly agree with this, well put.. David@TNT
Old 11-10-2005, 10:18 AM
11 Second Club

You need to understand that we brought the RW rating to the nitrous industry and we set them on stock vehicle's.. So if you get a bone stock car, put a 100hp setting on it and it will make aprox 108 to the tire.. Now if you take the "other" kits out there and run them they will make approx 90 to the tire.. So when you through a variety of parts in the equation then of course its going to make more power than it was setup for... There is no way you can base jetting off of what parts are going to be on the car in the future, you have to base it on a stock application.. Also last of all we set our jetting @900psi and most set them to 1050, so if your raise the pressure to 1000psi then its going to make more power than it was set 2.. Honestly though if you make 20hp more on a setting and your "motor" comes apart then it was going to do it regardless, just my .02 .. David@TNT
well said. if its gonna break...its gonna break. **** happens. and if you dont want **** t happen, than dont play with the happy juice..
Old 11-10-2005, 12:34 PM
FormerVendor

TNTramair- I understand where you were going with the supercharger comparison, but I think that was kind of reaching, lol. A supercharger/turbo is affected much more by atmospheric conditions (plus engine/drivetrain variables) than a nitrous motor, which accounts for the variations in power made. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for making more power, but I personally would much rather be precise than make a lot of power unexpetedly. Again, I'm not trying to bash TNT or anyone else, their systems make good power.

David- I agree with most of what you said about not being able to calculate the jetting based on different parts that may/may not be on a car. I also agree that if a motor is destroyed when the nitrous system makes a little more power than it's set for, then it is not the little extra hp that did the damage.

However, I personally think that people tend to give to much credit to bottle pressure. I admit that it does make some difference, but not as drastic a difference as some people think.

On a side note, here's a bit of nitrous trivia for everyone. John Stewart (R.I.P) had 4 or 5 nitrous companies that were rating the systems at the rear wheels before Nitrous Express, TNT, and Zex were even created. Most of the people on here probably have no idea who this guy was, but he did more for the nitrous industry than 99% of us in this industry will ever do.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:50 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmm, well I will say this... Since we are talking about jetting...

Yes I also know about John Stewart and many of his accomplishments. I am pretty sure its safe to say that he had rearwheel hp jetting before TNT...

But here is my questions to you David.
1.Why would you rate a kit at 900 PSI. At that low of a pressure and as rich as you guys have your jetting set for the car would come out of the hole good and then suffer on the top end due to pressure dropping lower than 900 and the system going richer.

2. Howcome you guys suggest the same jetting for a LS1 and a LT1 when they have 2 different fuel pressures? This makes one of them not as accurate as the other...

3. How come your dual nozzle kit uses 4 jet sizes larger than NXs dual nozzle kit? A 1,000 psi is not 4 jet sizes.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:07 PM
TECH Junkie

I have the TNT kit and I think if I had to do over again, I would have went with the NX MAF setup (if I still had my MAF). Here are my main two reasons.

1) Fitment of the TNT kit was horrible IMO. I have installed several from the old to the new and still are difficult to get to fit right.

2) I personally would rather the kit be rated a little under then way over.

Here is an example. This is a graph of my car with 224 cam and TEA heads. Inline fuel pump. With the supplied 100/100 jets, the car made over 150hp extra to the wheels. We had to use a 100hp/150fuel jet to get the car to even lean out as the afr with the supplied jets started at 13.1 and didn't go rich (12.0) tiil around the 5k mark.

This graph shows using the supplied 100hp/100 fuel jets.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NXJeremy
TNTramair- I understand where you were going with the supercharger comparison, but I think that was kind of reaching, lol. A supercharger/turbo is affected much more by atmospheric conditions (plus engine/drivetrain variables) than a nitrous motor, which accounts for the variations in power made. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for making more power, but I personally would much rather be precise than make a lot of power unexpetedly. Again, I'm not trying to bash TNT or anyone else, their systems make good power.

David- I agree with most of what you said about not being able to calculate the jetting based on different parts that may/may not be on a car. I also agree that if a motor is destroyed when the nitrous system makes a little more power than it's set for, then it is not the little extra hp that did the damage.

However, I personally think that people tend to give to much credit to bottle pressure. I admit that it does make some difference, but not as drastic a difference as some people think.

On a side note, here's a bit of nitrous trivia for everyone. John Stewart (R.I.P) had 4 or 5 nitrous companies that were rating the systems at the rear wheels before Nitrous Express, TNT, and Zex were even created. Most of the people on here probably have no idea who this guy was, but he did more for the nitrous industry than 99% of us in this industry will ever do.
So ya know, James Jureski designed and made the wet kit for John Stewart when he worked for Top Gun, then branched off to create his own nitrous company TNT.. Since the begenning of TNT we have rated to the tires and the rest of the crowd soon followed.. James had a good relation with John and was sad to see him pass, but he does have all the orginal prints of the nozzle that "cough cough" some company uses to this day.. David@TNT
Old 11-10-2005, 03:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Hmm, well I will say this... Since we are talking about jetting...

Yes I also know about John Stewart and many of his accomplishments. I am pretty sure its safe to say that he had rearwheel hp jetting before TNT...

But here is my questions to you David.
1.Why would you rate a kit at 900 PSI. At that low of a pressure and as rich as you guys have your jetting set for the car would come out of the hole good and then suffer on the top end due to pressure dropping lower than 900 and the system going richer.

2. Howcome you guys suggest the same jetting for a LS1 and a LT1 when they have 2 different fuel pressures? This makes one of them not as accurate as the other...

3. How come your dual nozzle kit uses 4 jet sizes larger than NXs dual nozzle kit? A 1,000 psi is not 4 jet sizes.
Davie I have gone plenty of rounds with you on this subject.. It seems to bother you soo much about the way we do things, why is this?? Shouldent you be more concerned about what you do than what others do??
Old 11-10-2005, 03:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NXJeremy
yes i know i was "reaching" a bit . just makin a point of "extra" power that you did not plan to have all sudden being there...thats all.
all of you gentleman make very good valid points. my whole thing is...if the car is tuned to handle whatever shot you put into it (within reason) it should be ok. there are alot of guys on this board srayin 200shots on stock bottom ends that have held together and they put all the credit to the tune. they have to be doin something right.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:12 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Davie I have gone plenty of rounds with you on this subject.. It seems to bother you soo much about the way we do things, why is this?? Shouldent you be more concerned about what you do than what others do??
I was just asking about Jetting? Simple little questions to help me understand. Can you answer them please?
Dave
Old 11-10-2005, 03:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
I was just asking about Jetting? Simple little questions to help me understand. Can you answer them please?
Dave
Dave I have answered these question 4 you before again and again.. Do you want me to start pasting quotes of how many times you have questioned our jetting?? WE DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY, you can do that when you offer YOUR OWN product and are not just a sales man for someone else.. Hey btw I hear your "sales tatics" are in question, whats up with that?? Its like what you got in trouble for in Corral.net and I can post a link in case you forgot.. Please help me with these "Simple little questions to help me understand??" Ya know..

Last edited by David@TNT; 11-10-2005 at 03:29 PM.

Quick Reply: NX MAF KIT vs TNT F1/F2 MAF?