Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT1 Plate+nozzle 2 stage questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 06:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT1 Plate+nozzle 2 stage questions

I just bought a kit, Shark nozzle with compucar solenoids, I was intrested in running a 2 stage set up with a compucar plate and then getting a set of NX solenoids for the shark nozzle. Seems alot of people like to run at least 1 dry stage when doing 2 stages like this, is there an advantage or disavantage to running this over a dual wet? What kind of HP will the factory fuel system with an upgraded pump support, I am planning on 150 plate + 200hp nozzle, both will be controlled by the FJO dual stage progressive controller. Will I be able to get enough fuel out of the factory fuel rails or will I need a stand alone. Thanks

Troy
Old 12-13-2005, 11:52 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am not a fan of the plates that spray to the back of the intake. Check out our LT1 plate ours is a different desighn.
However that is alot of juice for the LT1 intake. The LT1 intake does not flow well on the higher shots. I personally would go directport for that amount of spray. You can still run one stage on a plate but run the larger shot on the directport. Or you can go with a single stage directport and run a progressive controller.
As far as the fuel delivery at that size of a shot.You are better off running one of our dedicated systems.
Dave
Old 12-13-2005, 12:31 PM
FormerVendor

I'm not a fan of the LT1 plates either due to there design. If Dave's LT1 plate is the same design as his LS1 plate then there shouldn't be a problem with using it. I would also recommend using a direct port if you are going to spray that much to a LT1 intake, or change to a carb style intake and use a plate on it. Either way, spraying that much I would definately suggest using a dedicated fuel system, it will make things easier in the long run.

While on the topic of dedicated fuel systems, I would say that Dave's stand-alones are probably the best value on the market. They are built using some of the best parts in fuel delivery systems like Aeromotive (regulator), Walbro (fuel pump), and Aeroquip (fittings, and fuel lines). Not to mention the craftsmenship of the fuel cell itself could be called a thing of beauty, the welds are perfect and look like a row of coins laid out (you welders know what I'm talkin' about, lol.)
Old 12-13-2005, 01:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

So would the shark nozzle work fine for the time being set at 200 off the factory rails with a progressive? Will it support 250 off the stock rails? I really don't want the hassle of a direct port and stand alone,and can't really afford it, although it would be nice. I guess I am wondering what my limits are and if there would be any gains by ditching my Shark for one of Daves plates? I have a holley red pump and already have a 3 gallon cell, will the shark or Daves plate work with the lower fuel pressure and differnet jetting? Hom much HP will a red support? Thanks for the help guy's I have installed and played with lots of NX stuff and love it, I wish this kit had NX noids but it was dirt cheap so I would like to get it to work.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:30 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A 200 shot on stock rails will work (kinda cutting it close though and I dont recommend it). A 250 shot will not. I tried the 200 shot 2 years ago on stock fuel rails and had to go to a stand alone.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
A 200 shot on stock rails will work (kinda cutting it close though and I dont recommend it). A 250 shot will not. I tried the 200 shot 2 years ago on stock fuel rails and had to go to a stand alone.
Cool thats what I was looking for, is it just trying to get all that fuel throught the scrader that is the problem or something else? I would think the rails would be easy to tap for a larger fitting if that was be the case. Sorry I just want to get a plan before I dive in.

I just noticed you have a 93, our fuel rails are a little different would that make a difference?
Old 12-13-2005, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 95ttoplt1
Cool thats what I was looking for, is it just trying to get all that fuel throught the scrader that is the problem or something else? I would think the rails would be easy to tap for a larger fitting if that was be the case. Sorry I just want to get a plan before I dive in.

I just noticed you have a 93, our fuel rails are a little different would that make a difference?
I would think the problem with it would be the fact that you are pulling SO much from the rail at once and away from the injectors. ALSO if you go stand alone you can put race gas in the fuel cell and never hafta worry much.