Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can someone set me straight?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 11:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone set me straight?

im thinkin of shooting nitrous in my car next season. Mainly for track use, as im trying to get into the mid 9's. right now, its all motor (427ci).

whats a good kit to use? something that would be complete, and all i have to to is bolt it on. kit doesn't look hard to do, i've looked at a lot of them...i want a wet kit (to be safe) and would probably shoot 150-200 shot...

so my real question is, what should i gain (theoretically) at the wheels with a 150/200 shot? currently, car puts down about 484rwhp/455rwtq with unlocked converter and closed cutouts (no cats either).what should i expect at the wheels are shooting???

thank you guys...
Aj
Old 12-13-2005, 11:32 PM
TECH Resident

Cold Fusion of course!! Best Kits out there at the best prices!! Why pay more when you don't have to, don't believe the hype

You can spray about 150 before you have to look into upgrading your fuel pump.

What you gain with xx shot depends on how that company rates at the rear wheels or crank, etc.. will send ya a pm
Old 12-13-2005, 11:42 PM
TECH Veteran

For your goals I would say an NX MAF kit and an NX/FJO mini controller. That will help with traction and ET's.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

As with most things in life, you get what you pay for. Nitrous Express may not be the cheapest but they are best. Check out NXs new maf kit for the Vettes. You won't find a cleaner or easier to install system anywhere else.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:12 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1badburb,
If you want the best quality available I suggest a NX system.
First the single nozzle system works by placing a single nozzle in your air induction right before the throttle body.NXs single nozzle comes with jetting from 35 to 150 however it can flow 200 out of the box and 250 with just upgrading the hose from the nitrous solenoid to the nozzle. Then they have the maff kit.This system gives a cleaner install look than the single nozzle.This unit also comes with a TPS sensor which you will need on the vette.The Maff system can is dual stageable and can flow 250 on ecah side. Then ofcourse we have our new plate system.Our plate system is our plate with a NX system.

Different systems will yield different hP numbers to the ground.With all the systems I have dyno tuned I have found that NX has the closest advertised jetting.With a 150 shot you should gain 150to the ground and around 200 or more torque.

If you want the facts with out the sales pitch feel free to hit me up.I will do what I can to help you out.
Dave
Old 12-14-2005, 11:35 AM
Launching!

thanks guys! will keep ya all in mind for when the time comes...im thinkin early spring. need to make some more money to buy it.
Aj
Old 12-14-2005, 11:47 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The offer still stands feel free to shoot me any questions you have in order to learn.
Dave
Old 12-14-2005, 11:54 AM
TECH Resident

for 200 and up I would say whatever kit you get go directport.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say direct port also, for going 9's. We have (Nitrous Direct) a very good high quality DP for a reasonable price. I will be running one of these in the near future on my vette. Also, not to conterdict someone else's input, but no expensive tps is needed on the vette. A few dollar wot switch is the standard, and tps, imo, is marketing $$ making piece only. You can also pm me on any nitrous/vette questions as I have much experiance with the vette and installs (currently working on three). Check out my Web for vette install pics, and links section for all kinds of vette/nitrous info. Nice ride by the way. I am looking into getting a LS7 427 for my Z06.
Robert
Old 12-14-2005, 04:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Def look at the NX MAF setup for the Corvette. It is real nice. All integrated into one neat, compact package...sweet setup. Real strong. NX will look after you big time. I'm not sure why DP is important with 150 - 200 shot vs a MAF...the MAF will do it fine. It seems like that motor of your is pumping some serious air volume...all that gas will get to the cyls just fine.