Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Nitrous Wet Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 01:31 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 Nitrous Wet Kit

Just got a couple of dumbass questions but would like to really learn. When installing a wet kit what is messed with and needs to be adjusted? What step by step procedure do I take on the install? Any fuel lines tapped or anything?
Old 12-22-2005, 01:39 AM
TECH Regular

Also curious about a remote bottle opener, bottle heater, and purge kit. Where would be a good place to mount it all?
Old 12-22-2005, 06:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Virtually every decent wet-kit will have an instruction booklet included. Basically you install the bottle/blow-down tube, run the nitrous line, mount the 'noids and run electricity, mount a throttle-switch and tap your fuel line. The nitrous section has a wealth of info and many manufacturer's reps and suppliers post there.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:56 AM
TECH Regular

Default NX LS1 Wet Kit

Just got a couple of dumbass questions but would like to really learn. When installing a wet kit what is messed with and needs to be adjusted? What step by step procedure do I take on the install? Any fuel lines tapped or anything?
Also curious about a remote bottle opener, bottle heater, and purge kit. Where would be a good place to mount it all?

Anyone have any pics of the install? Especially where the fuel line has to be tapped?
Old 12-22-2005, 12:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Go to the NX website they have all the install instructions you need for everything. You will tap the fuel rail at the test port, which is just a schrader valve like a tire has. Look at your rail and youll see what i mean. Only adjustments you need to do are for the nitrous and fuel jets once you get it all installed. Common bottle mount places are on the hump between the back seats, in the wheel well, t-top holding area, or right behind the back seats. A heater is a great thing to have, especially if it is cool where you are. Purge will allow you to clear out the nitrous line of gasous nitrous before you spray it, it will help the nitrous kick in a little quicker. remote opener is a nice convienence to have also. Like I said, just go to NX's site, they have all the install instructions there.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:57 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the help. I do have but one more question.... Is there any switch panel that will fit in that little cubby hole not too far from the shifter underneather the heater/ac controls?
Old 12-22-2005, 02:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1BlackBird99
Thanks for the help. I do have but one more question.... Is there any switch panel that will fit in that little cubby hole not too far from the shifter underneather the heater/ac controls?
This is pretty much plug n play if you have a kit for the lS1. You could make some costly mistakes by NOT asking questions. Search the threads for photos on NX nitrous install...most of the installs will have fuel coming straight out the drivers side rail at the test port with schrader valve removed mentioned earlier.
Re switch panel - go to http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/Switch_Panel.htm
Old 12-22-2005, 02:44 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

I would suggest this one personaly, looks better imho, and that cubby hole your eleminating is pretty usefull imho, can store a Ipod or cell phone, something like that

http://jimmy-jams.tripod.com/ashtrayplates.htm
Old 12-22-2005, 03:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

I like the panel under the ashtray lid. You can make one yourself and have it look really nice, thats what i did.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:52 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Get ahold of Nitrous Outlet I think he has one for the ashtry area also..
Ricky
Old 12-22-2005, 04:10 PM
FormerVendor

I personally really like the new switch panel that Nitro Dave is selling that goes in the center console. Uses quality switches mounted in aluminum that is made to fit in the console and still leave room for whatever else you want to store in it. You can also get the switch panel to include an electric bottle pressure gauge. Not to mention it is concealed, so there are no switches or pressure gauge in site (for those of you that like to hide things, haha).
Old 12-22-2005, 05:43 PM
Launching!

I like the NX switch panel that you can put in the cubby hole in front of the shifter, just below the AC panel. It fit really clean for my car and it has plenty of room for any extra wires. If you put the switch panel in the ash tray you may have to modify it a little bit to get any excess wires to fit. Also you may want to consider how you are going to wire up the kit first before you start the install. Here is a thread i started a week or so ago just before i wired my kit up. I made a few changes to it but you will get the idea... https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/418950-nx-kit-wiring-check.html

I hope it helps... Also, I found that if you look between your AC vents and radio you will see your fog lamps switch and maybe a blank slot just to the right of it. If you take off your the outer panel and you might have an extra wire harness attached to the back of that blank button. If you do, there should be a red and black wire attached to the little harness. These two wires make a great 12 volt power source, and they are ign key controlled so when the car is off the system is dead.

Good luck

Quick Reply: LS1 Nitrous Wet Kit