Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new homemade bottle warmer!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or you could just save all the headaches and turn the blower motor on in your car with the heater on high and put the bottle in the footwell on the passenger side.

Gets plenty warm enough and costs ZERO
Old 01-24-2006, 12:33 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question....

If you guys run out of nitrous, do you just open the bottle and let the air run back in because its cheaper than spending $4/lb on nitrous?

Footwell heating will not raise pressure in a bottle...I tried it on the way to a track once, did NOTHING....

heating pads for people are not NEARLY as hot as the elements designed for nitrous use....

get the proper heater OR have access to hot water, like from a sink. That is the most effective way to raise pressure in a cold bottle PERIOD. I can take my bottle (empty) out of the deep freezer, fill it, and then put it under running hot water in my utility sink in my garage and watch the pressure go from 600 to 1100 literally right before my eyes. Takes about a minute. Then in the car and hook up the pressure controlled heater to keep it there. Once a bottle is at proper temp/pressure it doesn't take much to keep it up as long as it is 50+ degrees outside.

side note....if you ever want to check to see how good your insurance is for jump starts, leace your bottle open and heater on (and have it wired direct, not to an ignition source), leave the car to go eat, and make sure its about 30 degrees outside. Optima red top DRAINED....

SDB
Old 01-24-2006, 12:51 PM
11 Second Club

the hot water method is great too

we would get a big cooler (large enough to completely submerge the bottle) and boil water on the stove enough to fill it half way up....it will stay HOT for about 4-5 hours...even when it's 40 degrees outside!
Old 01-24-2006, 01:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SDB
Footwell heating will not raise pressure in a bottle...I tried it on the way to a track once, did NOTHING....
Worked great for me years ago. It wasnt a cold day but cool and the bottle got up from about 750psi to over 900 in maybe 15 minutes. Safer than a torch in a pinch.

Now I have a heater so no worries
Old 01-24-2006, 02:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I need to get one of those heaters. I've been doing it all wrong, I usually bungy cord my bottles to the engine and drive around a while.

Quick Reply: My new homemade bottle warmer!