Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much can the Walbro push?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 02:16 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much can the Walbro push?

Mods in the sig, single in-tank Walbro 255L, stock lines, Speed Inc rails w/ -8 rails and crossover and 42# injectors. Using available calculators, I estimate about 420rwhp NA. I sprayed a jetless single 5177 Solenoid (1st Stage). Didnt have the WB working, and no FP Gauge, but looking at the log I have plenty fuel remaining. I will be attempting to add another 120 or so shot. In the end I want to nail a 200/100 staggered stage dry.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have read 650rwhp with a boosta pump on the walbro 255lph and 42#'ers
Old 02-01-2006, 07:29 AM
FormerVendor

Do you have a hotwire kit on there? Usually a Walbro W/ hotwire kit (or Racetronix kit) can support right around 600 rwhp on a F-Body. Relocate the regulator to the fuel rails and run a return and you can support another 50 hp or so. The add a boost a pump (Racetronix harness has a provision for them) and pick up another 50 - 75 hp or so.

Matt
Old 02-01-2006, 09:34 AM
Restricted User

Sorry, forgot I do have the hotwire kit. Guess I need to research getting a Boost-a-pump, never actually seen one or thought about it before.
Rail mounted regulator sounds nice, but such a PITA to run another line front to back. I have heard other benefits include more stabil fuel pressure (less chance of lean spikes) as well, any comments on that?
Old 02-01-2006, 09:52 AM
FormerVendor

It isn't that bad doing a FRM FPR. You can either run a 6an Teflon hose back as a return or you could use the vapor line that goes to the purge solenoid on the intake. You are correct, the main benefit of the FRM FPR is the FP stability.

Originally Posted by CAT3
Sorry, forgot I do have the hotwire kit. Guess I need to research getting a Boost-a-pump, never actually seen one or thought about it before.
Rail mounted regulator sounds nice, but such a PITA to run another line front to back. I have heard other benefits include more stabil fuel pressure (less chance of lean spikes) as well, any comments on that?
Old 02-01-2006, 04:22 PM
Restricted User

Hmmmm -6 AN line running back.. Now, I could simply put a bulkhead fitting anywhere on the tank, preferable the top, and call it good correct? I wouldn't need to have it enter any specific place to avoid swirling etc... Might be checking into this.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:02 PM
FormerVendor

Usually we just plumb it back to the stock return and remove the stock regulator.

Matt
Old 02-01-2006, 05:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Hmmmm -6 AN line running back.. Now, I could simply put a bulkhead fitting anywhere on the tank, preferable the top, and call it good correct? I wouldn't need to have it enter any specific place to avoid swirling etc... Might be checking into this.
F98 and F99 modules have a return line on them.
The F99 module requires the return port be used AND the internal regulator be bypassed but NOT removed. If you simply remove the regulator it will create problems.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 02-01-2006, 05:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Mods in the sig, single in-tank Walbro 255L, stock lines, Speed Inc rails w/ -8 rails and crossover and 42# injectors. Using available calculators, I estimate about 420rwhp NA. I sprayed a jetless single 5177 Solenoid (1st Stage). Didnt have the WB working, and no FP Gauge, but looking at the log I have plenty fuel remaining. I will be attempting to add another 120 or so shot. In the end I want to nail a 200/100 staggered stage dry.
Well i'll tell ya what, i'm running the racetronix intank and I hit a 200 wet/100 dry combo and she went lean and took out a few plugs on the drivers side! So i'll be getting a standalone to feed the wet kit. She did handle just the first stage 200 shot though, which put 643 to the wheels through a turbo 400, 3 inch steel driveshaft and moser 12-bolt. But on both stages, it was just pushing it too far I guess (she put 713 to the wheels on the dyno and handled it ok for the few seconds on the dyno, but in real world on the track, she couldn't keep up and went lean)!
Old 02-01-2006, 06:45 PM
Restricted User

Matt, the FPR is the small rectangular piece vicinity of the rearend well area, where the main fuel line goes in, and then one line outputs to feed the engine, the other returns to the tank correct?

Racetronix, is there a dual in-tank setup, or larger output single?

Devon, was that your old setup or did this happen recently? I thought you were running good lately. I think with the 28" tires, some weight reduction (already have the parts, jus need to install) and maybe another 100shot I can be where I want it to be w/o messing with anything else. We'll see.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Matt, the FPR is the small rectangular piece vicinity of the rearend well area, where the main fuel line goes in, and then one line outputs to feed the engine, the other returns to the tank correct?

Racetronix, is there a dual in-tank setup, or larger output single?

Devon, was that your old setup or did this happen recently? I thought you were running good lately. I think with the 28" tires, some weight reduction (already have the parts, jus need to install) and maybe another 100shot I can be where I want it to be w/o messing with anything else. We'll see.
A couple weekends ago, the 21st of Jan was the first time I was hittin both stages at the track and that's when it happened! I finally got a chance yesterday to pull the plugs and check **** out after the car started breakin up and I put her back on the trailer and went home and number 1,3,and 7 cylinders the straps on the plugs were gone. Hopin I didn't hurt the motor, don't think I did, changed all the plugs, changed the oil (everything looked good in the oil and no chunks on the drain plug), drove her around a little, no smoking, idles normal, sounds smooth at wot and cruise and all, so I think she's all good! Gonna hit the track sunday and run her on motor just to make sure she's runnin right and when I get a chance, i'm gonna get her up to my buddy's to do a compression test, might actually have him bring the tool with him to the track sunday and just do it right there. She's runnin so good, i'd hate to have hurt the motor cuz I was tryin to push the stock system too far! I can't wait to get a standalone and make a good full pass on both stages if everything is ok!
Old 02-01-2006, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

The easiest way is to use the vapor line 5/16 Dia. as a return line. the other option is plumb your return line into the filler neck.
Hawk
Old 02-01-2006, 10:44 PM
FormerVendor

Sounds like you are talking about the "T" fitting. The regulator is in the fuel pump module, it sits above the pump. The "T" fitting is the return that goes to the regulator.

Matt

Last edited by Matt@HSW; 02-02-2006 at 08:01 AM.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:02 PM
Restricted User

Matt, yes I was referring to the T fitting part. So, if I run a line, and plumb it like 227Hawk mentioned, into the filler neck...Do I need to pull the fuel pump module, remove the regulator or ?
Old 02-02-2006, 08:02 AM
FormerVendor

I assume that since you wouldn't be running the stock return or regulator you could just cap the return and leave the reg in place.

Matt
Old 02-02-2006, 08:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Racetronics, or Matt, when is the return at rails and reg kit for the vettes going to be ready for shipping. I need one, or I'll have to go to '97/98 rails, help. Sorry for hogging your thread Cat, but i have to catch your time before you get to far away.
Robert
Old 02-02-2006, 11:40 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Robert56
Racetronics, or Matt, when is the return at rails and reg kit for the vettes going to be ready for shipping. I need one, or I'll have to go to '97/98 rails, help. Sorry for hogging your thread Cat, but i have to catch your time before you get to far away.
Robert
Lucky for you I am working again this w/e, over both fri & sat race nights I'd much rather run while I can, then sit back and watch you play catch-up!