Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno Tune dry kit results

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno Tune dry kit results

Went to Speed Inc today for a dyno tune. Thought the car did pretty well for stock motor. The guys at Speed said the car is lean and that the a/f should be around 11.5:1. This was with a 52 jet and 950 psi. Let me know what you think.

Jeff

Old 02-14-2006, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

Nice, this could make things a little more interesting at the stop lights this summer
Old 02-14-2006, 07:58 PM
Staging Lane

Yikes… that is lean for the juice.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:17 PM
On The Tree

So is there any way to fatten it up a bit on a dry hit besides adjusting the NA tune a little richer?

Jeff
Old 02-15-2006, 03:32 PM
dug
Banned

You can tune the pcm to fatten up and retard the timing when on the spray and leave everything else alone when not spraying. Takes some work though. Do a search.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:11 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Make sure the nozzle is not blasting the nitrous past the Maf Wire......
It does look a bit lean....Bump up the fuel pressure or larger injectors or tuning...

Dan
Old 02-16-2006, 03:28 PM
On The Tree

Here is where my nozzle is. Does this look good or should it be closer? It is a 90* fan.

Old 02-16-2006, 08:50 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

It does not really spray at 90 degrees.... The tip simply makes the pattern fan out.
I would think if you had a dual nozzle setup it would work a bit better but maybe you should experement with nozzle location so the spray heads toward the maf more.
Is that a blackwing intake? It could be shooting to far down into the airclearner looking some of the coldness of the nitrous thus running a bit lean. Try mounting it in a diffrent location noting that the nozzle will spray streight out.

Dan
Old 02-16-2006, 08:56 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

It does not really spray at 90 degrees.... The tip simply makes the pattern fan out.
I would think if you had a dual nozzle setup it would work a bit better but maybe you should experement with nozzle location so the spray heads toward the maf more.
Is that a blackwing intake? It could be shooting to far down into the airclearner looking some of the coldness of the nitrous thus running a bit lean. Try mounting it in a diffrent location noting that the nozzle will spray streight out.

Dan
Old 06-04-2006, 05:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the ideal location for the Vararam. I am using currently a 90* degree fitting on one side, and a straight shooter on the other side, for about 11.25 a/f. When I was running dual straight shooters the a/f was 11.5/11.7. this is both on my 1st stage. what i see from your pic is that you maybe a little to far away. A buddy had his Vararam nozzles a little farther away than you and he actually blew holes throughhis air filter. Mine are about 3 inches away and dual nozzles. they meet in the middle and create a sort of null area and mixes well then with incoming air. like Matt suggested, maybe go to dual nozzles and or add true 90* nozzle(s).

Notice the apex of the nozzles, they meet in the middle, rather than blasting to the other side or through the filter, and thus the benifit of dual nozzles on the Vararam. check your apex and I'll bet it meets in the filter.

Here is quad nozzles on the vararam.

Yes, you can address the lean issue in the tune, however, it's best to find/locate the best a/f by nozzle placement first, as this often is enough.
Sorry I got to this so late, and dug it up from the grave.
Robert
Old 06-04-2006, 07:33 PM
TECH Addict

Jeff has a follow-on results where moving the nozzle closer did fatten up the AFR.

Here is that Link
https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/458438-new-dynotune-dry-results.html

For Dan, both Jeff's and Robert's intake are Vararam's.

I have a Blackwing and did a dual nozzle dry setup and came across the same issue as Jeff (Jeff's was single nozzle); my AFR was 12.5 with a 50 shot.

I am switching to 90° nozzles next week (close in nozzle location is pretty limited on the Blackwing, especially on the drivers side).

Here is my Blackwing

The nozzles are indexed with a file mark I put on them so I know where they are pointing, so yes they are pointing to the MAF, I will have new numbers next week