Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Dynotune dry results

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 06:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Dynotune dry results

Had my car dyno tuned a week ago and on the spray the car would run a little lean(13.0). I relocated the nozzle to right in front of the MAF and got much better results with the A/F. Now starts off at 10.0:1 and at the end of the run it leans out to 11.5:1.

One thing thats puzzling is that I increased bottle pressure to 1050psi this time(up from 950psi last time) and still dynoed the same rwhp. Both runs were using a 52 jet. Im wondering if Dynotunes nozzle is just really restricted and wont allow for more power. Im either gonna order a 57 jet or order a dual nozzle conversion from them to get me to 100 rwhp.

Car is bolt-on only(00 C5) and made 357/359 on motor and 440/497 on the spray. Here is the link to my previous results.https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/453985-dyno-tune-dry-kit-results.html

Here is my dyno sheet from today. Sorry about the quality but Speed Inc's printer was pretty much out of ink.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:55 PM
TECH Addict

Jeff I got my bottle in, but that is as far as I got this time home, back offshore again starting tommorrow.

Any recommendations based on your expierence on nozzle location on my blackwing? Here is what I was thinking...

Naturally that is just a test plate, I want to flow the nozzles under pressure to see where they will mix. Your car is more stout than mine with your bolt ons, I am hoping for about 410-425 at the wheels. How did your A/F gauge fair verses the dyno A/F?

Here is a link to the bottle install using the DynoTune Billet Bracket
http://www.retrorelics.net/jim/bottle_bracket.htm

Cheers
Beer
Old 02-22-2006, 07:05 PM
On The Tree

Hi Beer. 3 weeks go by already? Your gonna have a hard time hiding that bottle from the warden!

Honestly I would put the nozzles as close to the MAF as possible. Ill take a picture of where I have my nozzle now and post a pic later.

Couldnt tell ya about the A/F guage as I wasnt in my car for the run. I didnt order the wideband like you so all I get is a milivolt readout. Not real accurate and I only use it to tell if im really lean. Yours should work great and I dont see a need for you to even get on a dyno except to see power increases. I would however get ahold of someone with autotap(or similar) to see if your getting any knock.

Jeff
Old 02-22-2006, 07:26 PM
TECH Addict

I got a Diablo Predator, I have not done any logging with it yet I think I can check that with the Predator?

Yea the three weeks went quick, had a week long Advanced Firefighting School in Ft Lauderdale ate up 9 of my days including travel. Wife got a vacation out of it, I got burns out of it LOL.

Dean and Dan went crazy on the deals when I visited them, Vin at 860 is gonna put in the wideband I hope in March and go over my install. After the install I am gonna dyno starting with 50 RWP jets and see how high I can go with stock Pump and injectors, then back off 25hp or so. Hope to be above 400when its said and done, safely.

Last edited by Beer99C5; 02-22-2006 at 07:45 PM.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

Im not sure about the Predator and what its capabilities are. Also I dont know if you tuned with it already, but if you added any timing you should probably take it back to about 28* total.

Be sure to post the dyno results when your done. I may just end up ordering a dual nozzle conversion from Dynotune.

Jeff
Old 02-22-2006, 07:51 PM
11 Second Club

i dont have too much experiance w/ the gas - just my two dry kits, but i found that mine hit the hardest the nozzle pointing directly into the intake. i could be wrong, please let me know if i am, but with the set up pictured i think it would be more efficiant w/ the nozzle in the filter point towards the MAF.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Glad everything worked out for ya Jeff
Old 06-04-2006, 09:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Likely the reason that you dynoed the same hp is your much fatter now. Running lean will produce more power, but is very hard on engine internals on the spray. Then to compensate for the lost power by going fat with the a/f you raised the bottle pressure. Raising the bottle pressure is the same as putting in a larger jet. A wash out, but now running correctly concerning the spray, however, a tad rich to start out but that's fine and won't hurt anything. Another post I had missed, and dug up from the grave.
Robert