Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nothing Compares to our plate!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 01:28 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I looked at it on BBKs web site. What is the reason in the plate? Is it to do something with the bolt pattern. If you still have your stock throttle body put it on the car and send tme the bbk with that playte. I will build you one to work if ours will not..
Dave
Old 03-03-2006, 10:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Dave, you really need to do something about your website. I have a 2001 Z06 and I can't figure what plate to order. Yea, I know I should call, but,,,

And what's this about a p/s spacer?

Thanks, TJ
Old 03-03-2006, 10:48 AM
FormerVendor

Tony,
We are in the process of building a new site. I agree that the current one needs alot of work. We have been neglecting it and putting all the info in the new one. Please bare with us. When you see the new one you will lknow it was worth the wait.

Let me know what info you need..
Dave
Old 03-03-2006, 10:54 AM
FormerVendor

Tony, When you call in your order you would just need to tell us what car its going on. We will know what plate you need.
The new site should be up this weekend. It will not be completly finished though.
Dave
Old 03-03-2006, 11:00 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyJ
Hey Dave, you really need to do something about your website. I have a 2001 Z06 and I can't figure what plate to order. Yea, I know I should call, but,,,

And what's this about a p/s spacer?

Thanks, TJ
Do a search: http://www.nitrodaves.com/catalog/mo...del=51&dept=11
Old 03-03-2006, 11:11 AM
11 Second Club

A link to the page I was having issues with didn't quite help. Thanks for the effort, though.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:29 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Tony,
We are in the process of building a new site. I agree that the current one needs alot of work. We have been neglecting it and putting all the info in the new one. Please bare with us. When you see the new one you will lknow it was worth the wait.

Let me know what info you need..
Dave

Thanks, Dave.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Somebody09

Hey, you found our "hidden" site! lol

Our new site should be up VERY VERY soon. It was just a build up site. Nothing like our new site.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:05 PM
11 Second Club

Has anyone put 250 through this yet? (or even 225)

Dave when you tested this.... what was the largest shot you tested this on on what intake was on it.

Im about to order one in the next week or so ( I have a ported 90/90 setup going on my 408) for no other reason then its a 90mm plate - I sold my NX maf ends so its ALMOST a wash.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Like someone posted earlier, I would like to see a head to head comparison between a single nozzle and your plate with the same jets. I understand the theory of how it would be superior, but would really like to see some dyno #s. If it works better than the injector as advertised, you can get one packed up for me
Old 03-13-2006, 08:16 AM
TECH Addict

Hey Dave, same for me. I`m in the process of either getting a new TNT 90mm ring to fit my TPIS TB or going with your plate. G-Force just put a LME 408 with ET 245`s heads together for me. We haven`t sprayed her yet. I need a new ring or this new plate. I was going to spray 200 shot. Tell me your thoughts about the pros and cons between the TNT ring and the plate. I`m at a stand still on this. But I need to do decide ASAP to complete the set-up. Please tell me your thoughts. Thanks!
Old 03-13-2006, 09:13 PM
11 Second Club

Dave.... where are you!
Old 03-14-2006, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Moving

I do remember him doing a test with his plate vs. a regular nozzle and if I remember correctly the plate made more power NA and on the gas
Old 03-14-2006, 08:37 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bad Habit Bird
Moving

I do remember him doing a test with his plate vs. a regular nozzle and if I remember correctly the plate made more power NA and on the gas

My bad
Old 03-14-2006, 02:02 PM
FormerVendor

Ok,
Guys I have limited time right now to answer all questions. However I looked back at what info I had available from when we tested this plate back in November 05.

THe airfuel on our testing is leaner than I like do to fighting the fuel system on the car. However I was able to get the results we were looking for with that testing. I shared the testing in a post back then.
Here is what I typed.

OK we used a 2000 formula with GTP heads and the pig cam for testing. I could not get a stock car in time.This car already had a single nozzle NX kit on it so it saved tons of prep time.

All pulls were tested at 1050 psi.
Our base N/A HP was 403 and Base torque was 378 air fuel was 12.5

We then did a N/A pull with just the plate on. The pull was 409HP and 385 Torque air fuel was 12.5

Next was to fire the nitrous For some reason this car really liked the juice.
The car seen higher numbers than expected with opur plate and the NX single nozzle. I feel that the cars set up just really likes the nitrous

Here is the pulls with jetting.

35N-22F= 483HP and 500 Torque air fuel was 12.7
52N-33F= 549HP and 595 Torque air fuel atarted at 13.2 went down to 11.8
62N-38F= Ran out of fuel pump so we had to let off at 5000 rpms. 590HP and 620 Torque air fuel spiked 13.8 droped to 13.0 and was still dropping from the fuel pump recovering but I had already let off.

We did a 100 shot comparison with the plate and the single nozzle
The plate made the 549-595
The nozzle made 538-590

This is my take on this desighn. A well desighned nozzle that is placed back in the intake track will work just as good as our plate. The only advantage of our plate will be the cleaner install. However if you take that same nozle and place it between the throttle body and intake aimed at the back of the intake common since will explain that our plate desighn will do a better job attomizing the nitrous and fuel mixture to the front cylinders. The reason why is this. A single nozzle discharge aimed at the back of the intake does not have time to attomize into the intake air stream and hit all cylinders evenly. Our plate has 6 nitrous and 6 fuel discharges aimed across the intake throat instead of towards the back of the intake. So the discharge is broke up into 6 streams of nitrous and fuel. As this fogged plume sprays across the throat the induction pulls the mixture into the intake plenum. The mixture will flow with the airstream to each runner.

Ok now lets talk about a plate with a single discharge aimed across the intake throat like ours. In theory since our plume is made up of 6 fuel and 6 nitrous discharge ports. Our mixture is broken up more and attomized into the air stream better than one wall of nitrous and fuel.

On a larger shot like 200 or more I would rather use 6 holes than 1. The reason is simple the better the plume is broke up the better it can mix into the airstream and flow correctly to all cyliners. Since we are placing the plate so close to the front runners this is where our desighn comes into play.

Im not saying that a single discharge will not work as long as its aimed across the intake throat and not at the back of the intake.. I think it should work fine. Im just saying that in theory a better broke up discharge is going to better attomize into the air stream that one big beam of nitrous and fuel.

I would think think our desighn would be better for the guys spraying larger shots that close to the two front runners.

Now. For the guys that are asking if the plate is any better than placing nozzles in the air bellow. I do not think that you will bennifit in anything other than a cleaner looking install by going to our plate. With the nozzle back in the air intake it has plenty of time to mix into the air stream before hitting the intake track.

I hope this helped.
Dave

Last edited by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet; 03-14-2006 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:36 PM
11 Second Club

Great explanation, Dave. Thanks
Old 03-14-2006, 06:47 PM
9 Second Club

Dave I've been following your posts recently as I am going to be ordering your supplemental 1 gallon fuel cell for my LT1 very soon... I just wanted to say that once I recieve my single plane manifold i am going to send it right out to get you to direct port it.. Simply because you obviously take care of your customers every time whether it's answering questions and offering parts like this that revolutionize our sport.... and that to me is more important than who has the best product or price..... As an owner of a business you certainly do more than your share of what is expected as busy as you obviously are... thanks again.... and I look forward to working with you on the supp system and direct porting my victor jr....

Jason Brisson
Old 03-14-2006, 07:30 PM
TECH Addict

Dave, does it come in 90mm. I have a TPIS 90mm TB and LSX90mm intake. Just curious what would go with my set-up. Also, would it hook up to my TNT kit I already have installed on my car? I`m wanting to spray a wet 200 shot on my 408. Thanks!
Old 03-16-2006, 04:59 PM
TECH Resident

Location: Richmond, VA Where fast cars, well......are hard to come by.

Tried sending a PM about a plate, but your box is full.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by beardWS6
Dave, does it come in 90mm. I have a TPIS 90mm TB and LSX90mm intake. Just curious what would go with my set-up. Also, would it hook up to my TNT kit I already have installed on my car? I`m wanting to spray a wet 200 shot on my 408. Thanks!
yes it comes in 90mm i got one, it looks awesome but unfortunately i havent gotten my car tuned yet (futral F14) so i havent gotten a chance to spray it yet

Quick Reply: Nothing Compares to our plate!!!