Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harris Speed Works installation manual site no workie

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 05:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Harris Speed Works installation manual site no workie

I logged into HSW's website and tried to download installation instructions. There website states you must use your same user name and password to log in to view the pdf files. However, my username and password works on the main website but doesn't work in the pdf website were the installation manuals exist. So, with this said can anyone log in and foward the manual to me for the "The Trigger #16582". Thank you.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:20 PM
TECH Addict

Same trouble here...

I think his site is the best outta the big four N2O Sponsors for layout and content (believe me I have spend alot of time here on the rig, looking at what everyone has!). I am sure he will work out the bug.

Cheers
Beer

Last edited by Beer99C5; 04-19-2006 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:40 PM
Launching!

I don't think HSW knows about this problem. I wrote technical support and they linked me to the broken down site.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nitenshinarmor
I don't think HSW knows about this problem. I wrote technical support and they linked me to the broken down site.
I'd suggest a phone call...Matt is a pretty reasonable guy.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:27 PM
FormerVendor

Emailed them to you.

Weird, it's been one of those days. It looks like it works on my end; I can log in and see everything. I just tried making a new account and it worked too. Oh, it's possible that your user account was made before the manual system was in place. Some of the older user account don’t jive with the newer features.

Matt

I logged into HSW's website and tried to download installation instructions. There website states you must use your same user name and password to log in to view the pdf files. However, my username and password works on the main website but doesn't work in the pdf website were the installation manuals exist. So, with this said can anyone log in and foward the manual to me for the "The Trigger #16582". Thank you.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:29 PM
FormerVendor

You might have to completely log out of the forum first, cookies can be funny sometimes, at least I have to on the machines here. Thanks for the complement.

Matt

Originally Posted by Beer99C5
Same trouble here...
Old 04-19-2006, 09:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Macon
I'd suggest a phone call...Matt is a pretty reasonable guy.
Actually, I tried to call when I got home from work. However, with the hours I work I can't get home in time before HSW closes. I agree, Matt is really cool and this thread is not to bash him or his company. I plan on doing more business with his company in the future. I was just hoping someone on here can log on and get me the wiring diagram before this weekend so I can finish up my installation. All I know is the pdf site is not working for me. So far, others are having the same problem and I am sure Matt will appreciate this thread to help any future problems. Especially when someone is needing info on a weekend when trying to do an install or troubleshooting a system for an event when technical support isn't available via telephone.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
You might have to completely log out of the forum first, cookies can be funny sometimes, at least I have to on the machines here. Thanks for the complement.

Matt
Hold what ya got....Gone to try that now. Be back in a flash
Old 04-19-2006, 09:49 PM
TECH Addict

Yep, I logged out, then logged in from the tech page, it kicked me to the forum, then I went back to the tech DL and it worked...kinda cumbersome though...maybe have the install pdf as a sticky on your forum under each product?
Old 04-19-2006, 09:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
Emailed them to you.

Weird, it's been one of those days. It looks like it works on my end; I can log in and see everything. I just tried making a new account and it worked too. Oh, it's possible that your user account was made before the manual system was in place. Some of the older user account don’t jive with the newer features.

Matt
Matt,
I tried that and it didn't work. I looked at the register members and my username and email is not listed in the member look up. Somehow, I think when I register in your main website it did not transfer over to your forum link. Anyways, something to look at and only trying to help. By the way, I got your email and thank you for the manual. I appreciate the help. I hope it didn't sound as if I where trying to bash you or your business. I think you have one of the top sites on ls1tech.com and the best nitrous products on the net.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:01 PM
TECH Addict

I think the cart, and the forum are separate Databases, try registering for the forum.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:37 PM
FormerVendor

All three pull from each other, but some were created before others. So the cart was first and then the forum & manual system. Anything that was previously in the cart database prior to the forum & manual system being implemented was kind of screwed when it came to logging in to either the forum & manual system as the data couldn't be shared with mysql. So the two options were; 1) Delete all the user accounts from the cart and make the customers re-make their accounts or 2) leave it be and hope it would never be an issue. So much for 2 lol.

Agreed, a little cumbersome, but I’m glad it is working, well sorta.

Matt

Originally Posted by Beer99C5
I think the cart, and the forum are separate Databases, try registering for the forum.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:38 PM
FormerVendor

Have an idea, gonna respond to your email.

Matt

Matt,
I tried that and it didn't work. I looked at the register members and my username and email is not listed in the member look up. Somehow, I think when I register in your main website it did not transfer over to your forum link. Anyways, something to look at and only trying to help. By the way, I got your email and thank you for the manual. I appreciate the help. I hope it didn't sound as if I where trying to bash you or your business. I think you have one of the top sites on ls1tech.com and the best nitrous products on the net.

Quick Reply: Harris Speed Works installation manual site no workie