Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Related Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 05:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

any diagrams out there for this setup: Msd 6a, Msd 3 step retard (8970), msd window switch (8956), NX bottle heater, zex dry box, zex purge?
Old 09-19-2006, 06:11 PM
TECH Junkie

I know it's asking alot, but you guys seem to be pretty damn good with this wiring stuff.

How about mixing that FJO diagram in a dual stage with the transbrake/linelock diagram that I was just asking about. I've got both in front of me, and I'm trying to figure where that red/white off the FJO is going to go
Old 09-19-2006, 07:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slow Z28
I know it's asking alot, but you guys seem to be pretty damn good with this wiring stuff.

How about mixing that FJO diagram in a dual stage with the transbrake/linelock diagram that I was just asking about. I've got both in front of me, and I'm trying to figure where that red/white off the FJO is going to go
The red/white wire goes to your throttle position switch or your nitrous activation switch.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:33 PM
TECH Junkie

that's right, i was just a little slow on the typing. i mean that small red wire for the trigger switch of the transbrake
Old 09-19-2006, 07:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Transbrake and linelock

Here's another wiring diagram and quote from the famous and handsome (I guess), NX Ricky.

Paging Nx Ricky-word-single-stage-relay-transbrake_linelock.jpg

[QUOTE NX Ricky]The idea behind this is when you push/lock in the trans brake, and release your foot brake waiting to launch the car settles. You can see at the track some cars tires move a smedge and the car seems to relax. What that is, everthing from the transmission rearward touching parts have become NONtouching. Like your ring gear, etc.

So you release the brake and now all those non-touching parts slam into each other.
With this wiring in place when you push the transbrake your linelock and front brakes will stay applied. Keeping the car stage, ready for launch. I know it saved my gears from breaking, cheap old street gears.

Anyway thought I would just throw it out there.
Warrning!!! If the diode fails your line lock could activate the transbrake choose the diode appropiate for the amp draw you would to control.[/QUOTE]

Robert
Old 09-20-2006, 09:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Thanks Robert. I had just made a post about that in which Ricky responded with that diagram as well as another one.

I'm just a little slow with this stuff, so I'm trying to figure out where the small red wire that is the "trigger" for the transbrake, where that wire gets tossed into the mix with that linelock/transbrake setup.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Slow Z28
that's right, i was just a little slow on the typing. i mean that small red wire for the trigger switch of the transbrake
It ties into the activation button for the transbrake. Basically if the transbrake gets activated by pushing the button then the trigger switch gets activated also, causing the nitrous activation to be shut down temporarily until the button is released.
Here's the link to the diagram. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and there is an illustration for your setup. http://www.fjoracing.com/products/2s...%20rev%20G.pdf
Old 09-25-2006, 12:03 PM
TECH Junkie

i guess my question, now that i figured how to word it properly, would be this:

for the trigger wire, how would it be wired in?

A) do you have one wire from the TB solenoid to a ground, then the other wire go to the trigger switch of the FJO box and it's getting power from the power supply wire of the box?

B) do you have the one wire from the TB solenoid to the power source, then the other wire to the trigger input of the FJ box and it's getting the ground through the ground of the box?

C) you splice together the wire from the FJO box, and if so WHICH wire?

if it's the power source, wouldn't that mean that the box is getting the power no matter if the solenoid was activated or not?
Old 10-25-2006, 01:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

heres a simple quick link to a TNT F1 wiring, i had trouble finding out what wire went to what terminal on the relay, http://www.nitrous-power.com/instruction.htm
Old 11-12-2006, 01:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Trick Window SW Wirirng

Robert
Old 11-17-2006, 07:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 01'WS6
Will this setup work on a digital window switch the same way?
IIRC, yes they wire up the same. Check out the other wiring dia for the dig (remember other dia may have FPSS in a diff spot).
Robert
Old 01-12-2007, 12:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Default Dual Stage Trick WS

Posted by mrr23 straight from Trick.

Robert
Old 02-20-2007, 09:18 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

For the LT1/SBC
Basic nitrous kit with Mallory 685 Ignition Box and FPSS

Old 02-20-2007, 06:37 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Single Stage with FJO controller and Mallory 685 ignition (pulling timing)

Old 02-23-2007, 08:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Default Nitrous Direct/Cold Fusion Progressive Controller

Act: Activation power for noids in
SG: From Solenoid Ground (one pair noids)
SG: From Solenoid Ground (one pair noids)
(can do four large noids)
BG: To Body Ground
12v: Arm switch keyed 12v supply for unit

Pic thanks to Scapaldo.

Robert
Old 03-20-2007, 08:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Default Dual Stage Dry 5177

Here's the dual stage dry set-up using the 5177. This is exactly the way I had my 5177 set-up. Note in this shematic it's using a MSD WS and a MSD RPM activation sw, I ran it this way with the first gear lock out I posted earlier for second stage.

Robert
Old 04-16-2007, 08:23 PM
TECH Resident

Location: sneaking in your back door as you leave!/cartersville ga

nos progressive controller thru a timing tuner
Attached Thumbnails Nitrous Related Wiring-nos_mini_wtimingtuner_and_wot_fpss.jpg  

Last edited by Robert56; 04-06-2008 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Opened up the schematic
Old 04-30-2007, 12:54 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
Trick Window SW Wirirng

Robert

Robert,

I am looking at this diagram and wondering why the Trick window switch shows a blue wire going to the TPS or WOT switch and then the WOT switch pictured is not connected to that wire at all? The WOT switch instead shows one wire going to The Acc terminal on the arming switch and the other wire going to #86 on the relay. I am kind of a newb when it comes to wiring so I'm sure you have a good reason, I am just trying to learn how to get my setup to work. Thanks.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ARCTICWHITE98Z28
Robert,

I am looking at this diagram and wondering why the Trick window switch shows a blue wire going to the TPS or WOT switch and then the WOT switch pictured is not connected to that wire at all? The WOT switch instead shows one wire going to The Acc terminal on the arming switch and the other wire going to #86 on the relay. I am kind of a newb when it comes to wiring so I'm sure you have a good reason, I am just trying to learn how to get my setup to work. Thanks.
Good thing to point out. here's my take. The actual wot sw is wired into the low amp activation side of the relay, as per normal. The referal to TPS or W.O.T. sw is actually one in the same-the TPS. So you can run it one way or the other ie: tps activation, or WOT sw activation. I don't have my copy of the directions handy, but believe this to be correct info, maybe someone else would/could colaberate? I have set one up using the wot sw as above, and just capped off the tps wire, IIRC.
Robert
Old 05-04-2007, 08:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by fotoboy
Is there a good diagram for a MSD dig window switch on a C5 w a wet kit?
Yes, there is one here somewhere IIRC, many of us have used.
Robert

Quick Reply: Nitrous Related Wiring