Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What do you like or dislike about the NOS NOSzle kits?
Too complicated
0%
Too expensive
26.67%
Love it
40.00%
Installation is hard
0%
Easy to install
13.33%
Don't like plastic fuel/nitrous lines
46.67%
Hard to install lines to NOSzle
6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

NOS NOSzle Poll

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 11:27 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOS NOSzle Poll

We are looking at the possibilty of adding some new NOSzle kits and we are looking for some feedback from customers to find out what you like and dislike about the kits. Thanks for any comments you have.
Jay
NOS Product Manager
Old 05-12-2006, 11:44 AM
8 second mod

i ran this kit last year, it performed great.
the only issue i had was if the injectors where not lined up perfect it would idle like ****.

i was also not a fan of the plastic lines, however i never had an issue with them, so i guess they work fine.

i did sell the kit, but it was a good kit.
i still have a buddies car i did running this kit, and we will be sticking with it, i have all the tricks all taken care of, and it works well.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a NOSzle kit on my car, that is based on pro race fogger and converted to NOSzles. The lines (Pro Race Fogger hard lines) were prebent for the NOSzles, so I didn't have to deal with that, but in regard to changing jets, I rather like the location of the NOSzles as it's easy to get to, vs. some of the traditional nozzle style direct ports I've seen.

I'm looking forward to seeing it's performance on my new engine setup, but on a design and installation standpoint I'm very happy with my "hybrid" setup.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:05 PM
Restricted User

The plastic lines could be swapped out for Braided, that would be a big bonus. And the spacing of the jet holders is not ideal. Sorry, but NXL and CF bungs have their spacing spread out some more and angle so its easier to do jet changes. That and the price is a little much, compared to other DP's I guess the ease of installation counters the price.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:58 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I was really hoping for more feedback.Anyone else have comments good or bad?
Old 05-15-2006, 04:16 PM
8 second mod

not many people run these setups, so feed back wont be great im sure.
in all my years with these cars ect, i have seen 5 kits, and i was one, and the other car i did was 2.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

my biggest problem with the kit were the fittings for the distibution block. maybe it was just me but it seemed like a PITA to thread seal all of the nos fittings then the gas part on the same block and same side. one thing i would keep in mind though is the bracket that you mount the noids to. if you could have a place where you could route the wires so it looks like a cleaner setup along with some brackets that will hold the plastic lines together (instead of using zip ties).....something like what people use for plug wire...know what i mean? like a section for 8 lines (four top four bottom) then have it split and have two more (one for a pair of nozzels) for four lines (two top two bottom)....other than that i liked the kit. and didnt have a problem with anything else.

oh and i found the jets are kinda a pain to change but im going to assume thats with every direct port kit
Old 05-16-2006, 07:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I've ran the kit. No real complaints here seemed to work flawlessly for my application. The only thing that I didn't like were the plastic lines which I switched to bent lines instead and the price was a little high.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Wanna let me test out one of your new/revised kits?
Old 05-16-2006, 12:27 PM
8 Second Club

Got my car into the 9.70 range on the 2nd or 3rd outing with the car about 2 seasons ago with it - one of the first small cube motors to really haul the mail with it.

It's OK at best. You can convert the lines over to stainless and change whatever else you want, but you are still stuck with the nozzles that come with the kit. They are proven to restrict injector flow on bigger injectors. I guess NOS has since come out with a revised dry nozzle with a larger orfice and I don't know how it really works.

Good luck.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love how people are saying they are OK, call the shop and talk to Ken the owner he has worked with the car mentioned above and was one of the first to run these kits and the first to go 8s with this NoSzLe System with his shop race car a few years ago, Ken knows this system inside and out
Old 05-17-2006, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm running a Cold Fusion/ Nitrous Direct 'Pro' setup with braided lines. My only problem was lack of room from the 'mock-up' to install on my car. The 3 Point STB is a bitch to clear.
Hawk

Last edited by 227Hawk; 05-18-2006 at 06:50 AM.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:44 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by thechef
I love how people are saying they are OK, call the shop and talk to Ken the owner he has worked with the car mentioned above and was one of the first to run these kits and the first to go 8s with this NoSzLe System with his shop race car a few years ago, Ken knows this system inside and out
hmmmmmmmmm..........hope you aren't referring to my car.

I used ESP's help for a while, then ESP and I parted ways. Wasn't on the best of terms, but thats so long ago I really don't care too much about it at this point. No offense, but all ESP did was help me go through head gaskets and cause me to spend time on things I thought I had paid to have done right.

I just wish I would have gotten with W2W and TEA a little earlier in my hobby. I couldn't ask for 2 better companies to help me obtain my goals with the ls1 motor.

If anybody wants to know one of my secrets:

Brain Tooley at TEA gave me the info I needed to make the car fast. Switched to his tune ups (plug, fuel, timing tables, nitrous tunes, etc) and the car gained over a half a second, and was more reliable after making some changes to our engine combo.

I guess that's why TEA has a more than a few nitrous champions out there in the Mustang world. We're tuning my W2W/TEA engine combo in a few weeks.......I'm sure it isn't going to disappoint - not bad for another home built car (lets just see if it holds together )

Last edited by FastBlackTA; 05-18-2006 at 12:48 AM.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:49 PM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would have to agree with Conrad, the first nitrous system I was going to put on my car was a Nozzle kit. But with needing to split the fuel rail in the middle so the fuel rail could go forward on the one side and rearward on the other, turned me off from it, it was NOT a Nozzle kit made for a LS1, I just had the Nozzle's, lines, selenoids, etc.

I would build a kit similar to what I went fast with which was the TNT power ring, we went 9.80's pretty easy and then picked the car up almost another 100 RWHP after that, all with just the standard F2 power ring kit. Of course the "tune up" was a little trick
Old 05-26-2007, 12:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jay M
We are looking at the possibilty of adding some new NOSzle kits and we are looking for some feedback from customers to find out what you like and dislike about the kits. Thanks for any comments you have.
Jay
NOS Product Manager
Being a long time NOS fan, it's good to see you guys on board. You guys have been loosing ground on this site for years. There would be more people using your products if you had some techs that actually participated in threads and promoted NOS products. I hope this is a sign of future dealings, and that we may see more NOS support. After all, this is the biggest/best nitrous site on the web. Good luck and I hope you get the input your looking for.
Robert
Old 05-31-2007, 12:11 PM
11 Second Club

Talk about digging something up lol...

-Will
Old 06-05-2007, 10:18 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jay M
Jay
NOS Product Manager

whatever you do id be more than happy to test out a second stage on top of my NOS pro shot fogger i have now