Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spark Blowout symptoms

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 08:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spark Blowout symptoms

it was doing it in the upper rpm's in 3rd gear and part of 4th. the car seemed to me missing and not making all the power. checked everything and my tr6's even have a green band(good afr). they were gapped.038 for 100 shot.
it wouldnt do it on motor passes just when i used the gas.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chris.shea
it was doing it in the upper rpm's in 3rd gear and part of 4th. the car seemed to me missing and not making all the power. checked everything and my tr6's even have a green band(good afr). they were gapped.038 for 100 shot.

Spark really doesn't get blown out. You just get misfires.
Assuming no bad plugs, wires, or coils, then it's simply a fueling issue causing misfires.
Best bet is to get a wideband and take a look.
A little too lean, or way to rich will cause misfires.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:51 PM
Restricted User

Chris, can you go make a little run, trying to make sure it does the little "misfire" then immediately shut off the nitrous, then the car, pull over and pull a plug, take a nice macro digital picture? If so, b/w white and I, sure we will see something of importance. Just dont drive it once you let off the throttle...it washes the plug reading out.

After that, if you can, I would close the gap to .035" and go again. Z06 higher compression and 100shot might want a tighter gap. Just difference in thought.

Charlie
Old 05-14-2006, 10:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

i closed the gap up but think it may be fueling. i may be running a little lean without the nitrous as P0171(bank 1 lean) came up while i was making motor only passes. i didnt spray after this popped up just incase. cleared the code and it hasnt showed itself again yet...

ill get my bottle filled as soon as possible sometime this week... started with a 50-75-100 and 2 passes on 100 and car was missing on last nitrous pass.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

bank 1 is odd cylinders right? 1357 driver side 2468 passenger... ill check my intake for any leaks to as thats also seems to be a cause for this code. whens your trip to the big isle i want some tuning lol
Old 05-15-2006, 01:31 AM
Restricted User

Bank 1 is drivers side, 2,4,6,8 cylinders. Bank 1 tends to lean before Bank 2 when tapping fuel off the rail (fuel leaves the Bank1 side).
Old 05-15-2006, 03:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CAT3
Bank 1 is drivers side, 2,4,6,8 cylinders. Bank 1 tends to lean before Bank 2 when tapping fuel off the rail (fuel leaves the Bank1 side).
thought i was backward i am taping fuel from the rail but the code was coming up on motor only passes... i checked my intake and tightened the bolts down some more and the problems gone for now. seems to show up randomly every other month... i suspect its from the motor movement and i dont get much flex like i did with the stock acordian intake bridge eventually causing it to get loose over time. as for the missfire i didnt get to read the plugs cause it rained on the track and didnt want to block the return lane without parking in the mud/grass... i jetted it down to 50 and it didnt happen again later. was going to start over 50 then 75 but ran out of nitrous only downside ive found yet to the spray is the limited supply (1 10lb bottle)
Old 05-15-2006, 09:15 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chris.shea
Pull the gap down to about 36. 38 is a bit on the big side. If that does not fix the problem. Also check and make sure your fuel pressure is not dropping off on the top.
Dave
Old 05-15-2006, 02:57 PM
Restricted User

If your airbridge is letting unmetered air in from behind the MAF yeah that can cause your lean bank coding. I swapped back to the stock accordian, luckily so, after looking at Lrry93's lid. Larry has the same MTI Clear lid, he used the K&N Bellows and the lid is cracked all around the base cause it wont flex at all.

Quick Reply: Spark Blowout symptoms