Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: would you get a plate or keep the nozzle?
keep the nozzle
20.71%
get a plate from Dave
79.29%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

stick with the NX nozzle or get a Nitro Dave's plate

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 11:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Big Geek
That is just what I thought, talk **** and then when you get called to task on it puss out. I could give a **** less about being on your ignore list. Don't call people liars unless you plan to back it up. I have watched you bash folks on here for any and everything when it is against your opinion but now you found the right one to call you on your BS. Is this the best history lesson you can give me after calling my test "home" brewed and my results "claimed" with all your experience? You know I usually give everyone the benefit of the doubt but I will concede to those that have clued me in, you really are full of ****. My results stand and you are welcome to challenge them anytime you like. I wouldn't trade 1/2 of my knowledge for all 30 years of yours. I have probably broken more **** than you have lied about. You stick to your theory and I will stick to what I have done. You have an open invite any time you like, just PM me for my contact info and I will pick you up at the airport slim. Seeing is believing.

Jim C.
Your way to easy, why are you taking this so personal. I do not know you at all, and never personaly attacked you or called you a liar (as I don't know yet if your the one I was refering to). My ignore must be broke, as I just heard the ding ding for a reply. when you make it up this way, we'll settle this on the track. Oh did I tell you I have over 45 years experiance at the track, not all driving of course, but...

Ok enough playing around. Let's get back on track here and comment on nitrous stuff. I favor the plate kits a lot and see them taking over the biggest future market of n2o kits. It's a great idea, however, been around a while. The new generation of plates, as far as I know, have a much better distribution compared to plates of past. The front clyinders lean issue has been resolved. I also like how HSW has approached the distribution issue, very innovative with the 360 pattern. Now I still personaly like the dry kits and think they will also continue to grow in popularity. More and more guys are getting the dry thing figured out.
Robert

Edit: God I love this site, my favorite.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ttt, kept the nozzle and got her tuned..... did rather well even with the th400 & 4k stall.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok guys, i'm just a nitrous newbie, but i do know a little bit about how math and science works, so feel free to correct me if i'm wrong. I understand 200hp is 200hp, but i think what Jim is trying to say is that he made more hp using the plate kit vs the nozzle with the same amount of n20, proving that the plate is more effecient. That's what i dont think you understood Robert.

ps - you guys arguing about how much n20 experience you have is quite childish, and i'm only 20 years old.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:59 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sunset'01Z
ps - you guys arguing about how much n20 experience you have is quite childish, and i'm only 20 years old.

i'll be 20 on the 24th
Old 06-13-2006, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

haha nice. so did you ever get a plate SSwanner?
Old 06-13-2006, 07:48 PM
10 Second Club

haha nice. so did you ever get a plate SSwanner?
nope, time got tight and **** started flying so i just kept the nozzle. i talked with dave today and when i change setups it will be to a vic. jr intake with a spraybar, elbow, 90mm t/b, and dedicated fuel system for the kit. in the mean time i'll just suffer through only spraying a 200 shot
Old 06-13-2006, 10:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

ok guys, i'm just a nitrous newbie, but i do know a little bit about how math and science works, so feel free to correct me if i'm wrong. I understand 200hp is 200hp, but i think what Jim is trying to say is that he made more hp using the plate kit vs the nozzle with the same amount of n20, proving that the plate is more effecient. That's what i dont think you understood Robert.

No, I understood about the amount of nitrous. But, the fact of the matter is that fact is really void. the reason being, the amount of diff in n2o is so slight as to really not matter. you can read all about this area and see the math in the nozzle thread. It has been proven that 200hp is 200hp and if one system uses more or less no real meaning. There are so many factors in testing as we have found out, but in the end they are all so close as to say this kit makes more than this kit really dose not fly. Hey, If Jim is happy, that's all that counts.
Swanner, any numbers or times yet? Sounds like you'll be going the next level when you up grade.
Edit: Just saw your addition to the n2o list, congrats.
Robert
Old 06-13-2006, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

well like i said, i know very very little about the juice other than what i've read here. hell, i'm hoping to spray my car within the next year and when i decide on a kit, i want to make SURE i know what i'm getting, and that it is one of the best kits on the market at the right price for the size shot i want. but if i understand what you are saying, the effeciency of the plate vs the amount of extra n20 required to get the same desired hp from a nozzle will not adversly affect how much time i get spraying per bottle, thus making the plate system not so cost effecient. the problem is, what you see as "just a little bit" may not be the same as my "just a little bit". the effeciency is what i'm concerned about. if i can 1 more full pass per bottle using the plate over the nozzle with the same power output, i'm sold. in the end, it all adds up.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:45 PM
10 Second Club

thanks robert, with the single NX nozzle it picked up 100 to the wheels on a 100 shot.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

well like i said, i know very very little about the juice other than what i've read here. hell, i'm hoping to spray my car within the next year and when i decide on a kit, i want to make SURE i know what i'm getting, and that it is one of the best kits on the market at the right price for the size shot i want. but if i understand what you are saying, the effeciency of the plate vs the amount of extra n20 required to get the same desired hp from a nozzle will not adversly affect how much time i get spraying per bottle, thus making the plate system not so cost effecient. the problem is, what you see as "just a little bit" may not be the same as my "just a little bit". the effeciency is what i'm concerned about. if i can 1 more full pass per bottle using the plate over the nozzle with the same power output, i'm sold. in the end, it all adds up.
If you read through the stickie on the nozzle shoot out, Al (383lq4ss) the mod does a good explanation and shows the percent diff, and it really is small. I don't think it would equate to an extra pass. You see, really I was trying to use the same argument, but was schooled on this as you'll see/read in the stickie.
Robert
Old 06-14-2006, 11:08 PM
10 Second Club

i don't mean to step on any toes but.....even depending on how much you purge, what size feed line you have, or anything can effect how long the bottle lasts. i could purge 1/4 a bottle and use 2lbs. on the pass for that matter, but i usually put 12lbs. in my bottle when i fill it

*please disregaurd if you feel offended, i'm kinda d-runk at this point of the evening
Old 06-14-2006, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea that's all true too. and one pass really isnt that much for a 100-125 shot. sad part is, i doubt i'll ever be installing nitrous on the camaro after today, nor any other "big" mod. just dont see it happening in the budget within the next few years. well its not like the car is slow or anything
Old 06-14-2006, 11:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Here is the scoop from the master himself, Dave. From another thread.
This is my take on this desighn. A well desighned nozzle that is placed back in the intake track will work just as good as our plate. The only advantage of our plate will be the cleaner install. However if you take that same nozle and place it between the throttle body and intake aimed at the back of the intake common since will explain that our plate desighn will do a better job attomizing the nitrous and fuel mixture to the front cylinders. The reason why is this. A single nozzle discharge aimed at the back of the intake does not have time to attomize into the intake air stream and hit all cylinders evenly. Our plate has 6 nitrous and 6 fuel discharges aimed across the intake throat instead of towards the back of the intake. So the discharge is broke up into 6 streams of nitrous and fuel. As this fogged plume sprays across the throat the induction pulls the mixture into the intake plenum. The mixture will flow with the airstream to each runner.
and,
Now. For the guys that are asking if the plate is any better than placing nozzles in the air bellow. I do not think that you will bennifit in anything other than a cleaner looking install by going to our plate. With the nozzle back in the air intake it has plenty of time to mix into the air stream before hitting the intake track.
Robert
Old 06-15-2006, 01:29 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yea that's all true too. and one pass really isnt that much for a 100-125 shot. sad part is, i doubt i'll ever be installing nitrous on the camaro after today, nor any other "big" mod. just dont see it happening in the budget within the next few years. well its not like the car is slow or anything

Old 06-15-2006, 06:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
well right now there are other things that my money should go towards first, like school, instead of car modification for personal pleasure. this is a very expensive and addicting hobby

since this is my only car, i need it to be reliable, and unfortunately, fun stuff like nitrous, torque converters, drag radials, and bigger cams dont all add up to reliability.

for now though i'm happy with what i got. i'll finish the mods i've already started and paid for, and drive the car as it is, and be confident that i'm still faster than about 95% of the other cars on the road.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:57 AM
On The Tree

this is really very sad, coming from a potential customer.I"ve trolled this board since 05 reading everything i could to increase my knowlegde and make informed decisions. I have become so turned off to so many vendors after reading through their posts. yes I'm sure that you guys [vendors] have a large following and will continue to grow, and I wish you well. however if your customers had a chance to read these posts wouldn't you think that would have a negative impact on your sales. one can only walk away from this forum with a predetermined attitude as to how your customer service is going to be if their was a problem, granted this is jmo, but it has and will be a factor in which vendors i use,let me be clear that I'm not trying to stir the fire. just pointing out how things look to outsiders,such as myself.I understand the need to defend your product/services when being flamed but there is a line between defending your rep and bashing

Last edited by faust; 06-15-2006 at 07:12 AM.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by faust
this is really very sad, coming from a potential customer.I"ve trolled this board since 05 reading everything i could to increase my knowlegde and make informed decisions. I have become so turned off to so many vendors after reading through their posts. yes I'm sure that you guys [vendors] have a large following and will continue to grow, and I wish you well. however if your customers had a chance to read these posts wouldn't you think that would have a negative impact on your sales. one can only walk away from this forum with a predetermined attitude as to how your customer service is going to be if their was a problem, granted this is jmo, but it has and will be a factor in which vendors i use,let me be clear that I'm not trying to stir the fire. just pointing out how things look to outsiders,such as myself.I understand the need to defend your product/services when being flamed but there is a line between defending your rep and bashing
Very true. Yea, when a newbie dosen't really know where someone is coming from, they make take a situation wrongly. Probably would not if they new the personalities and the history of some us, as clown masters. good insight though and i will take it to heart, allthough I try to not be a dic to often. We (some of us) just like to have a little fun. don't worry, I have had my share of getting jumped on. and have learned not to take it to personal.
Robert
Old 06-17-2006, 01:26 AM
10 Second Club

poor 10bolt gave up the fight tonight after 2 1/2 years of me and more n2o than anyone can count
Old 06-17-2006, 08:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SSwanner
poor 10bolt gave up the fight tonight after 2 1/2 years of me and more n2o than anyone can count
Sorry to hear that, but sounds like it lasted longer than most. Well just an opportunity to up grade. then a bigger hit can also be had.
Robert
Old 06-19-2006, 11:10 PM
10 Second Club

thanks robert, the bad thing is it broke 2 of the 4 bolts that hold the posi together (bolt inside the ringgear circle of bolts in same direction) it just poped the heads off of them.

Quick Reply: stick with the NX nozzle or get a Nitro Dave's plate